What's new

Question How do you stop Batmans insane J2?

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I am saying that when Batman Jump 2's most characters can do shit but respect it and block it. In MK, if someone JP'd early, you could JK them out of it. Batman's Jump 2 stays active the entire time it's out. Compare it to someone like Nightwings J2 where it's only active for a split second.

Batmans just stays there hitting in front of him and behind him for the duration of the whole jump. He is a stegasaurus in the air. Scorpion can't even hit him with a teleport. That's how dumb it is. IT will hit scorpion out of teleport when he is jump in the opposite direction...

I am agreeing with you. Trying to attack Batman when he has J2 out is stupid unless you are aquaman. Unfortunately, when Batmans' J2 is out, and you block it, he can pretty much j2 you again. This gets compounded if bats are in the equation.
If he does an instant air j2 you can d2 universally with the entire cast. That goes for most j1s j2s and even some j3s if it's done instantly going for an air to air.

If he does a j2 on block into crossover j2 you have 3 options. Dash out/ duck (2nd j2 will whiff) and you can punish while in recovery frames/ mb b3/f3.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
If he does an instant air j2 you can d2 universally with the entire cast. That goes for most j1s j2s and even some j3s if it's done instantly going for an air to air.

If he does a j2 on block into crossover j2 you have 3 options. Dash out/ duck (2nd j2 will whiff) and you can punish while in recovery frames/ mb b3/f3.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Do it on reaction especially if he is staggering strings.

Also, D2's will not work against batmans J2. The shin is to great on his crossups.

Bats.

That move stuffs a lot of shit when you are grounded. If the shin was removed I would be 100% fine with it.

RapZiLLa54

Do it on reaction especially if he is staggering strings.

Also, D2's will not work against batmans J2. The shin is to great on his crossups.

Bats.

My move stuffs a lot of shit when you are grounded. If the shin was removed I would be 100% fine with it.

1: Not true because like I pointed out if he does it as an AIR TO AIR, he will lose its active frames on the way down, it will not hit a crouching opponent hence why its FREE to all d2s. If you suspect hes going for a cross over or a jump in where he would have to land deeper in order to get a jailing string you will win in the air with a j1. That is the mind game, that is how this game works. I'm sorry its not Mk where "footsies" was literally people just standing still and because pokes and standing normals took priority you could do whatever the fuck on reaction and not make an actual read in anticipation.

2: What strings can batman stagger? None. And don't tell me b1, b11 bullshit because you can easily d1 that on reaction without fear hes going to do it because his d1 won't reach you. And there are quite a few characters he can't even b11 because the the b1(1) will whiff on crouch block and he can be full comboed. b1 (1) already whiffs on hit from max distance.
There is only 1 string he has that he is plus and can go for a jump over on and its 12.

3: If hes using bats with a combination of a jump its most likely going to be for a cross up jump. Block, let him finish his string then reverse pressure. Batman has NO pressure without bats.

4: If you take away the shins hitbox due to his jump arc he would have NO cross up game literally at all. He wouldn't even be able to ex grapple into a cross over j2 combo.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
1: Not true because like I pointed out if he does it as an AIR TO AIR, he will lose its active frames on the way down, it will not hit a crouching opponent hence why its FREE to all d2s. If you suspect hes going for a cross over or a jump in where he would have to land deeper in order to get a jailing string you will win in the air with a j1. That is the mind game, that is how this game works. I'm sorry its not Mk where "footsies" was literally people just standing still and because pokes and standing normals took priority you could do whatever the fuck on reaction and not make an actual read in anticipation.

2: What strings can batman stagger? None. And don't tell me b1, b11 bullshit because you can easily d1 that on reaction without fear hes going to do it because his d1 won't reach you. And there are quite a few characters he can't even b11 because the the b1(1) will whiff on crouch block and he can be full comboed. b1 (1) already whiffs on hit from max distance.
There is only 1 string he has that he is plus and can go for a jump over on and its 12.

3: If hes using bats with a combination of a jump its most likely going to be for a cross up jump. Block, let him finish his string then reverse pressure. Batman has NO pressure without bats.

4: If you take away the shins hitbox due to his jump arc he would have NO cross up game literally at all. He wouldn't even be able to ex grapple into a cross over j2 combo.

Deep Jump Kick 12(?) or was it 22 whatever the advantage string is I forget off the top of my head. He can stagger that for advantage or finish it. If he has bats he can stagger any damn string he wants.

Fine, keep the shin and remove the leg. Or remove the hitbox on the back of the shin.

RapZiLLa54

Deep Jump Kick 12(?) or was it 22 whatever the advantage string is I forget off the top of my head. He can stagger that for advantage or finish it. If he has bats he can stagger any damn string he wants.

Fine, keep the shin and remove the leg. Or remove the hitbox on the back of the shin.

if hes landing 22 on you, you're dead. 22 is plus 8 and is a free ANYTHING. But 2(2) can be ducked and d1 comboed so his 223 string is pointless.

Its his 123 string. 12 is plus 6 but his only options (without bats) due to pushback are b23 (needs to be done on the just frame or else he can be d1'd) or cross over jump.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
if hes landing 22 on you, you're dead. 22 is plus 8 and is a free ANYTHING. But 2(2) can be ducked and d1 comboed so his 223 string is pointless.

Its his 123 string. 12 is plus 6 but his only options (without bats) due to pushback are b23 (needs to be done on the just frame or else he can be d1'd) or cross over jump.

Either way, the crossover if I d1 grants him another mixup situation.

I am just saying, that J2 is wonky as hell.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
That move is fucking stupid to deal with on top of BA, Frost, Scorpion and GL's bullshit (my personal kryptonite).

When I first noticed how stupid that j2 was, I instantly told myself ''Okay I got something for that bullshit.How bout I just d2 that shit next time.'' DIDN'T WORK. I was still eating them j2's every time I tried to d2 them.

When I first noticed how stupid that j2 was, I instantly told myself ''Okay I got something for that bullshit.How bout I just d2 that shit next time.'' DIDN'T WORK. I was still eating them j2's every time I tried to d2 them.

I know what you mean. That was my first thought was to d2 that shit with green lantern but it is not consistent.