What's new

Question How do you stop Batmans insane J2?

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
You think batman's is bad, how do you get around Catwomans jumping whip

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
Batman's J2 is not a good air to air attack vs some of the other characters air to air moves (Catwoman, Joker, etc.) but it is a good cross up attack. You need to figure out what armored wake up attacks your character has to counter it or simple just roll when you are knocked down.

dust.

Noob
I disagree, I think Batman's j2 is an extremely good air to air. You just have to know how to time it correctly. If you predict a jump, you have to use it early and you can beat out many other jumping normals. Also if you use it early you can connect j2, j2, b23 for an easy ~25% combo or get fancier with other options using meter.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Almost EVERY j1 in this game beats his j2. And almost universally j1s beat out j2s and j3s. J2 is very good for cross ups but air to air not so much.

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
Almost EVERY j1 in this game beats his j2. And almost universally j1s beat out j2s and j3s. J2 is very good for cross ups but air to air not so much.

This. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but releasing the bats doesn't make it too safe, as they are +0 on block. Some characters d2, like Grundy's or Aquaman's will beat it everytime you try to crosses them up.

RapZiLLa54

This. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but releasing the bats doesn't make it too safe, as they are +0 on block. Some characters d2, like Grundy's or Aquaman's will beat it everytime you try to crosses them up.
I'm guessing you mean release bats with a simultaneous jump 2? You won't be able to do anything about that if its a cross up jump because you character would have to block bats in front and then change direction. You have to block. If its not a cross up then yeah those d2s are godlike.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier

J1s only beat out the other jumps if you A, hit them first, and 2, if you are close enough for them to connect, most of them are fast but have shit range.

The broken ness of his J2 is how fast it is, and how fast his jump is and the arc of it.

Also this bullshit, mid screen the move being able to hit behind you with him landing in front of you is fuckin retarded. If the move is going to cross up the character should land on the other side.

Why should I get punished for guessing it's a cross up kick, blocking the opposite way and blocking the J2 and having him land infront of me with a dialed in string that i get hit with because I guessed the right way to block?? I know this happens in the corner because this game is dumb, but midscreen is ridiculous. In what fuckin world do you have to block one way then immediately the other on a superfast Jump in that 95% of the cast can't anti air? J2, J2, J2, J2 is literally a legit stratagy with batman.

Ambiguous cross ups in other games look like they are going to land in front of you, but they hit you the opposite side and land on the opposite side, so if you block it right you actually block it. This bull shit is straight up broken and it's due to the bullshit 3d hitboxes.

And I have played Batmans that have this down to a science and can do it on purpose.

So in a game where AA's are limited he has 3 options on his jumpin that I basically have to guess block to not eat a fuckin string into crazy bat trait bullshit,

Block normal by holding back
Block opposite and keep holding it,
Or Block opposite then normal.

(I'm not even going to mention the fact that he has a low starter off jump in, because my fuckin head hurts right now)

And there is no fuckin way to react block that bullshit, Hence his J2 is fuckin dumb and broken.

Sorry for all the swears, but it's straight up dumb.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
You sell your copy of IGAU.
Stay positive! :)

lol. No you pick up batman and learn to abuse the brokeness, because nobody seems to think this is a problem, either that, or nobody knows about it, and won't until some pro abuses the hell out of it in a tourny against another pro, then that pro crys to NRS and it gets normalized.

Such is life in the world of an average dude who plays NRS games,

RapZiLLa54

J1s only beat out the other jumps if you A, hit them first, and 2, if you are close enough for them to connect, most of them are fast but have shit range.

The broken ness of his J2 is how fast it is, and how fast his jump is and the arc of it.

Also this bullshit, mid screen the move being able to hit behind you with him landing in front of you is fuckin retarded. If the move is going to cross up the character should land on the other side.

Why should I get punished for guessing it's a cross up kick, blocking the opposite way and blocking the J2 and having him land infront of me with a dialed in string that i get hit with because I guessed the right way to block?? I know this happens in the corner because this game is dumb, but midscreen is ridiculous. In what fuckin world do you have to block one way then immediately the other on a superfast Jump in that 95% of the cast can't anti air? J2, J2, J2, J2 is literally a legit stratagy with batman.

Ambiguous cross ups in other games look like they are going to land in front of you, but they hit you the opposite side and land on the opposite side, so if you block it right you actually block it. This bull shit is straight up broken and it's due to the bullshit 3d hitboxes.

And I have played Batmans that have this down to a science and can do it on purpose.

So in a game where AA's are limited he has 3 options on his jumpin that I basically have to guess block to not eat a fuckin string into crazy bat trait bullshit,

Block normal by holding back
Block opposite and keep holding it,
Or Block opposite then normal.

(I'm not even going to mention the fact that he has a low starter off jump in, because my fuckin head hurts right now)

And there is no fuckin way to react block that bullshit, Hence his J2 is fuckin dumb and broken.

Sorry for all the swears, but it's straight up dumb.

Okay so you're generally talking about jumping for movement and not attacking. Yes his jump 2 will destroy you if you are jumping to get in. From sweep distance in an air to air battle j1 will be beat j2.

I have never experienced this crossup/none crossup thing you're talking about.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Okay so you're generally talking about jumping for movement and not attacking. Yes his jump 2 will destroy you if you are jumping to get in. From sweep distance in an air to air battle j1 will be beat j2.

I have never experienced this crossup/none crossup thing you're talking about.

its real man, and one day everyone will experience it, I have talked to 2 other players that have had it done to them.

But yes, if i see him jump i can jump at him and hit a j1 if I'm ready for it. lots of times you are locked down blocking a bat trait, but either way. the air to air thing was not my problem, because i know that is basically the only choice of AA for most characters in the game.

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
It's called and "ambigous crossup", and even SFxT and SFIV have it. And is far from be a "broken" move.

RapZiLLa54

its real man, and one day everyone will experience it, I have talked to 2 other players that have had it done to them.

But yes, if i see him jump i can jump at him and hit a d1 if I'm ready for it. lots of times you are locked down blocking a bat trait, but either way. the air to air thing was not my problem, because i know that is basically the only choice of AA for most characters in the game.
I've played a ton of batmans and only play Batman myself and have never once experienced a crossup but none crossup at the same time. Has it ever happened offline? I've landed some great ambiguous cross ups but they've always landed on the correct side. Not saying its impossible but I would say it was more a glitch than a legit tactic or perhaps your rage made you believe it crossed up when it didn't lol.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
It's not a standard crossup people are pissed about. It's the fact that it can hit you in the front but fucking behind. I am talking like...bullshit wonky shenanigans.

Also, good fucking luck Jump 1'ing it when he is on you. Batman is one of the few characters in the game that can go MK on you with crossups into more crossups. In the corner it gets really retarded. The hitbox is on the whole front leg and on the back of the shin...it's massive. If you go to jump 1 him after he has the 2 out, your still getting hit. You have to do it before the 2 is actually active.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I've played a ton of batmans and only play Batman myself and have never once experienced a crossup but none crossup at the same time. Has it ever happened offline? I've landed some great ambiguous cross ups but they've always landed on the correct side. Not saying its impossible but I would say it was more a glitch than a legit tactic or perhaps your rage made you believe it crossed up when it didn't lol.

online and off, if I can make a video I will, i don't have anything great to record with, and will need someone else to help me so they can try block it, and you can see.

It's called and "ambigous crossup", and even SFxT and SFIV have it. And is far from be a "broken" move.

you obviously don't have any idea what i'm talking about, I know what a god damn Ambigous cross up is, and this is not that, it's a fucked up ambigous non cross up, cross up would suggest you actually cross up and land on the other side, the Ambigous part is the move looking like it will hit one side but it hits the other side, example looks like it will hit you normally but hits behind you then he lands behind you. Thats normal and yes happens in SFxT and SFIV, and other normal fighting games without fucked up 3d hitboxes.

RapZiLLa54

If you go to jump 1 him after he has the 2 out, your still getting hit. You have to do it before the 2 is actually active.
Yes attacking someone before they attack you is you is pretty common practice in fighting games lol.... If you are trying to attack him when hes already coming down on you, trying to react with a j1 is beyond stupid..... How are you even complaining about that? If you read a jump you can always dash under it and be at a neutral position again, which is usually NOT in Batmans favor unless he has 2 or 3 bats out.

RapZiLLa54

online and off, if I can make a video I will, i don't have anything great to record with, and will need someone else to help me so they can try block it, and you can see.

other normal fighting games without fucked up 3d hitboxes.
I'd love to see a video of you doing this consistently.

Also I'm pretty positive this game doesn't have 3D hitboxes like Mk.

In SSF4 the cross up non cross up was called a psuedo unblockable. I mained Akuma in SSF4 and he had a ton of these off of a sweep on certain characters. Check out some Tokido video from a year ago. I do feel your pain though. His jump 2 sucks ass. His strings leave him positive so he can 223 and just cross up loop your ass to death.
My only strat is to tech roll when I'm hit with the back 23 because most batmans call out their bats dash twice and release the bats jump 2 cross up, but if you tech roll the back 23 batman will not be able to cross you up but you will still have to block because those damn bats are pest. You can also push block the bats if you don't tech roll or are caught in his vortex.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I'd love to see a video of you doing this consistently.

Also I'm pretty positive this game doesn't have 3D hitboxes like Mk.

the way stance switches changes make certain things wiff leads me to believe other wise.

I can do it consistently in the corner with arrow, I'm going to practice it with Batman, and maybe make a public video, if i don't make it public I will at least show you,

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Yes attacking someone before they attack you is you is pretty common practice in fighting games lol.... If you are trying to attack him when hes already coming down on you, trying to react with a j1 is beyond stupid..... How are you even complaining about that? If you read a jump you can always dash under it and be at a neutral position again, which is usually NOT in Batmans favor unless he has 2 or 3 bats out.

I am saying that when Batman Jump 2's most characters can do shit but respect it and block it. In MK, if someone JP'd early, you could JK them out of it. Batman's Jump 2 stays active the entire time it's out. Compare it to someone like Nightwings J2 where it's only active for a split second.

Batmans just stays there hitting in front of him and behind him for the duration of the whole jump. He is a stegasaurus in the air. Scorpion can't even hit him with a teleport. That's how dumb it is. IT will hit scorpion out of teleport when he is jump in the opposite direction...

I am agreeing with you. Trying to attack Batman when he has J2 out is stupid unless you are aquaman. Unfortunately, when Batmans' J2 is out, and you block it, he can pretty much j2 you again. This gets compounded if bats are in the equation.