What's new

HOW DO YOU START THIS GAME AFTER MKX???!!!!

Hi guys.
I am a huge fan of the FGC and considered myself to be pretty good on MKX. I was top 10 in ranked online matches for a while, have played various sets with pros, and was able to play everyone in the cast at a high level. Then Injustice 2 came out. I got it today, and after having played several ranked sets with red hood, I'm wondering what the fuck to do. Do d1s in this game not confirm a high afterwards? Do d2's low profile every single attack (especially mids) in this game? Does every character have knockdown zoning? Does anyone have to respect plus frames? HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GET UP CLOSE? DO ANTI AIRS EVER FUCKING WORK EVER? All of these questions are killing me and it's not my execution because I have my red hood bnbs and spacing down to a T. Someone please help me and tell me how you adjusted between games. Thank you

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
It takes a while to adjust to Injustice 2 in general, so be very patient when it comes to getting used to this game. There are some things you have to recognize about MKX compared to Injustice:

- The game was very heavy on mixups, with nearly all cast members relying on some sort of mixup or 50/50.
- Footsies were not as big of a factor because of the run button and because some characters had half-screen nornals that they could rely on (Kotal Kahn and Jason).
- Fullscreen is much larger than in MKX and because of the lack of run button, zoning is a much bigger part of the match than in MKX.

Do d1s in this game not confirm a high afterwards?
Most do, but be mindful that if your D1 is +9 on hit for instance, you have to have really good timing to guarantee that 8-frame standing 1.
Do d2's low profile every single attack (especially mids) in this game?
They don't low profile mids (at least not point blank) and anyone doing random D2z in the neutral is either fake or consciously trying to low profile you. Know that practically all D2s are around -12 to -14 on block.
Does every character have knockdown zoning?
No, characters like Darkseid and Superman (depending on the move he uses) have it but most characters have fairly 'normal' zoning
Does anyone have to respect plus frames?
Yes, but it's like MKX in the last patch. Nearly all pressure in Injustice 2 is not jailing pressure, so people can and will disrespect you if you time your follow-up wrong.
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GET UP CLOSE? DO ANTI AIRS EVER FUCKING WORK EVER?
You neutral crouch and walk forward when getting zoned, or neutral crouch and dash forward when getting zoned by someone like Darkseid (Omega Beams have a lot of whiff recovery). Learn to be very patient and once you get in, try your best to stay in footsie range at all times (point blank can be dangerous because of wakeups in this game).

I was top 10 in ranked online matches for a while, have played various sets with pros, and was able to play everyone in the cast at a high level.
Cool to hear that, and if you were on PC we might have played a couple times. You have to recognize that Injustice 2s metagame is very different from MKXs. Being a relatively high level player in one game does not guarantee anything in the next game. Take the basics you learned from MKX and keep those, but besides that be ready to relearn neutral play and pressuring for this game.

Last edited:
It takes a while to adjust to Injustice 2 in general, so be very patient when it vomes to getting used to this game. There are some things you have to recognize about MKX compared to Injustice:
Thank you for these, I'll try to use the advice. Just gotta be patient and git gud I guess.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Hi guys.
I was top 10 in ranked online matches for a while, have played various sets with pros, and was able to play everyone in the cast at a high level
Was this on Xbox? Just asking, because a lot of people come in and brag about their Xbox rankings, which is a completely different level of play.

Was this on Xbox? Just asking, because a lot of people come in and brag about their Xbox rankings, which is a completely different level of play.
Nah, It wasn't on Xbox. PC and Ps4. But I wasn't really trying to brag, more so to put a frame of my ability in MKX compared to my anger in INJ2.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Hi guys.
I am a huge fan of the FGC and considered myself to be pretty good on MKX. I was top 10 in ranked online matches for a while, have played various sets with pros, and was able to play everyone in the cast at a high level. Then Injustice 2 came out. I got it today, and after having played several ranked sets with red hood, I'm wondering what the fuck to do. Do d1s in this game not confirm a high afterwards? Do d2's low profile every single attack (especially mids) in this game? Does every character have knockdown zoning? Does anyone have to respect plus frames? HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GET UP CLOSE? DO ANTI AIRS EVER FUCKING WORK EVER? All of these questions are killing me and it's not my execution because I have my red hood bnbs and spacing down to a T. Someone please help me and tell me how you adjusted between games. Thank you
Someone hasn't read the Injustice 2 beginner's thread...

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Honestly, there's no way you have the spacing down to a T in one day? Take your time and keep playing, red hood is not a pick up and play character either my mans.
Yeah lol , hes not easy at all to play and learn. Ive picked him up like 2 months ago , and still i feel like i have a lot to learn with him . Oh and I mastered combos at start too but this char is not about combos lol

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
MKX and IJ2 are two different games despite some similarities. They are both excellent games, but you can't just jump from one to the other and expect to nail it day one. Like @ChatterBox said, take your time to learn and you will be fine.

Last edited:

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
The general consensus is that anti airs are much more effective in Injustice 2 than they were in MKX. There are a few characters in Injustice 2 that are very difficult to anti air, and there's a few characters with poor anti air normals or specials, but for the most part anti airing is pretty good compared with mkx. Many characters have good d2 for AA, and they lead to combos.

Injustice 2 requires a lot more patience. Slowly walk in after neutral crouching, and use mb roll to get in, or jump off interactables to close space.

And also many wakeups have invincibility frames since careful on oki.

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
Whatever struggles you may be having getting used to Injustice, believe me, they're nothing compared to going back to MKX once you get this game down. ;)

One thing I feel you on is plus frames. They are a pet peeve of mine in this game because not all plus frames can be enforced. For example, Swamp Thing has a move he can meter burn that is plus 6 but midscreen leaves him just outside of his D1 range. Yet his fastest advancing mid will still get stuffed with a poke, so you're putting yourself in an awkward situation. If you don't have your opponent cornered, you have to realize that being plus doesn't guarantee anything, only opens up a mind game on which to make a read. Most plus frames can be safely backdashed midscreen, so the mind game usually boils down to unsafely chasing a backdash or enforcing with something that may not end up connecting (like a D1).

If you want plus frames that have to be respected and are easy to enforce, look into Scarecrow and Black Adam. Honorable mentions go to Atrocitus and Firestorm. Also be aware that if plus frames are respected, they can be pushblocked, so if you're spending a bar for it, your opponent can match you to return you both to neutral. Pushblocking also partially or fully negates traits like Atrocitus's cat.