What's new

How do you rate the patches, the hotfixes, and the balance changes?

How do you rate the patches, the hotfixes, and the balance changes?

• Total voters

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Dave man you competed in mk9....you accept any shit.

Sonic fox said that too...so....

Repeat it out loud...."THIS CHARACTER IS NOT FAIR"

By the way, half of the cast or even more are in the S+ / S- rank with him saying "this shit is broken", "not fair"..."not fair at all"....a thousand times....
When he said in this video that the NRS community is complicated to deal with.....I think he is right.
If half the cast is in the S rank, then it’s not actually the S rank.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
No. I competed in MK9 and I can distinguish between "fucking broken" and the top tier characters in MK11. Developers are significantly more informed and fighting games are consequently more balanced now days. NRS is no exception.

As far as Sonic Fox's tier lists are concerned, they are more representative of Sonic Fox's level of skill than character effectiveness.

xKMMx

Banned
Now you know how we feel about your threads. LOL.

In all seriousness, you used to call the game "good" but with some flaws, which I could get on board, but then you proceeded to make a series of videos trashing the "good" game and its developers. You have no more credibility.

More hyperbolic nonsense coming from you. "Fucking broken" and "brain dead" do not describe any character in this game, especially after the most recent patch.
I have to agree here. This game doesn't have any broken characters. The shenanigans that were possible early in this game are being patched out. Especially the D1 mashing being a viable strat.
Everything in this game has a counter and while its a pain in the ass to play certain characters that have FB that shut down neutral the game is well balanced despite not being very fun for me the one thing I can always credit this game with is good balance.

9. Love how they're patching...smartly, just wish it was a bit faster and a touch more sweeping. Fixing jumps and block button stuff goes a long way to fixing the clunky arguments and just makes the game better.

Yousef

Noob
They're doing good with patches but it's way too slow , I mean I get it patches need time but looking at the game size /variations/characters / gameplay flaws
At this rate even after a year there will be alot of unaddressed problems
Plus they have problems with priorities and can somebody please tell them to stop buffing kitana !!!

if they were going to nerf geras it seems like they're going about it in a darts at a board way. even though it is complaints from geras mains some of the changes they made to nerf geras were stupid like flawless blocking sandtrap. jacqui still has some of her strongest tools. erron nerfs that haven't been met with buffs for people like hayatei, possibly due to online reception. scorpion still nerfed, obviously due to online reception. shao still in the dumpster. subzero still low overhead man since mkx even though i thought this game was supposed to be about footsies and neutral. characters in general being shells of their former selves. same hitbox and hurtbox issues that have been in since release. obviously they haven't been heavy handed in balancing but they've made irrational decisions and they're slow

Sonic fox said that too...so....

Repeat it out loud...."THIS CHARACTER IS NOT FAIR" (0:57)

By the way, half of the cast or even more are in the S+ / S- rank with him saying "this shit is broken", "not fair"..."not fair at all"....a thousand times....
When he said in this video that the NRS community is complicated to deal with.....I think he is right.
he put raiden in s tier and people haven't fallen for that shit at all.

trufenix

bye felicia
Lol, how much did you like it when teachers rated your work?

Did you really respect and value the ones who said you're doing a truly shit job?

I gave it a 7

+all of the global changes (jump kicks, can't cancel pokes on flawless block etc.) have been great
  • huge fan of the more modest approach rather than super aggressive changes
  • their have been some creative nerfs (ex. Johnny Rising Knee using 1 offensive and 1 defensive meter on block). These kinds of nerfs don't fundamentally change a character they just tone them down a bit
  • some characters have been waiting a bit too long for buffs.
  • some pretty weird nerfs (Sonya combo extender, Geras 2,1,2 gap)

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I give it an 8.

Like @Trini_Bwoi said, there are some really good outside-the-box changes to characters to nerf them without making them far worse, or addressing troublesome portions of the game without doing complete overhauls, like the jump attack stuff. I'm a bit sad to see some characters aren't getting needed buffs, and I think that's the only real complaint I'd ever have in the rebalancing. But none of the patches have come off as downright awful, to me.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
  • their have been some creative nerfs (ex. Johnny Rising Knee using 1 offensive and 1 defensive meter on block). These kinds of nerfs don't fundamentally change a character they just tone them down a bit
I agree. I hope more moves receive such gameplay design that require multiple resources like Cage's EX rising star, Cetrion's far teleport, and Kung Lao's omega hat. Retrospectively speaking, perhaps Cassie's up kick should have been normalized in this manner.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I agree. I hope more moves receive such gameplay design that require multiple resources like Cage's EX rising star, Cetrion's far teleport, and Kung Lao's omega hat. Retrospectively speaking, perhaps Cassie's up kick should have been normalized in this manner.
Tbh, I think the better move would have been to allow it to be delayed, with the airtight version being unsafe until you delay the drop enough to have an FB gap.

I gave it a 7

+all of the global changes (jump kicks, can't cancel pokes on flawless block etc.) have been great
  • huge fan of the more modest approach rather than super aggressive changes
  • some characters have been waiting a bit too long for buffs.
  • some pretty weird nerfs (Sonya combo extender, Geras 2,1,2 gap)
but the nerf people wanted to johnny was to be able to flawless blocked the ex portion of rising star like cassie

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
The rating for me is much higher because I play characters that have been addressed in the patches (namely Kitana and Jacqui getting a good new third variation) however I recognize some people just get screwed over again and again

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I honestly stopped playing back in November so I cant give an honest opinion on the current state ofthe game. I will say i was never a fan of the way nrs patches games but the community bitching is partly to blame for that. Especially from those who primarily play online.

With all this shit going on, I may try to get back into the game, theres definitely things I like about it. I'm interested in the block buffer changes and the new training mode options.

Bring back scorpions old d4 pls.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
but the nerf people wanted to johnny was to be able to flawless blocked the ex portion of rising star like cassie
Who wanted that? The nerf that Johnny got is way more generous than the one cassie received. It would have made it completely useless

E

Eldriken

I don't see how some people are giving this game's patches anything over a 6 considering what still needs to clearly be done to the game.

If you're basing it off of your character's changes (if they even received any), then I can see that, especially if your character is one of the better ones. But even so, this question seems to be about the patches and what they've done overall.

The change to jump-in kicks, block buffer (needs some fine tuning, in my opinion), Fatal Blow armor (this was really good), etc are wonderful changes. I'm not stating otherwise. But some of the adjustments or lack thereof is what really lowers it.

@M2Dave, you mentioned that characters have lacking abilities and such in variations because of knee-jerk reactionary changes in previous NRS games. Okay, I understand that. But why does that make patches for this game come at a snail's pace and barely change anything? If NRS' aim is to deliver them at a slower, but more meaningful pace, then they're failing and miserably at that.

The time in between patches should come with a plethora of changes, not a few major changes and then a slew of meaningless changes that does absolutely nothing for the game and/or characters.

Every NRS game prior to this is the reason why Shao Kahn has received NOTHING substantial to improve him as a character? Why, for the second time in a row, is Kitana getting buffed to no effing end while other characters who need far more attention receive nothing? Saving it for a later patch is a possibility, but then that just goes to show their patching system and logic is clearly flawed.

I could probably write an entire essay on what still needs to be addressed that could even begin to make my rating go up. Again, this is all just personal opinion and there's nothing wrong with anyone whom voted a higher number.

I just don't see what y'all are looking at to get that score when there is so much stuff left that needs to be addressed that shouldn't have been here to begin with. Attacks hitting so far behind them that it literally shouldn't be possible, next to no whiff recovery on certain moves/specials, etc.

NRS is playing it too safe and/or slow with their patching process while ultimately achieving very little outside of the major changes brought by aforementioned adjustments (jump-in kicks, block buffer, etc) and mainly changes to Kitana. -_-

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I don't see how some people are giving this game's patches anything over a 6 considering what still needs to clearly be done to the game.

If you're basing it off of your character's changes (if they even received any), then I can see that, especially if your character is one of the better ones. But even so, this question seems to be about the patches and what they've done overall.

The change to jump-in kicks, block buffer (needs some fine tuning, in my opinion), Fatal Blow armor (this was really good), etc are wonderful changes. I'm not stating otherwise. But some of the adjustments or lack thereof is what really lowers it.

@M2Dave, you mentioned that characters have lacking abilities and such in variations because of knee-jerk reactionary changes in previous NRS games. Okay, I understand that. But why does that make patches for this game come at a snail's pace and barely change anything? If NRS' aim is to deliver them at a slower, but more meaningful pace, then they're failing and miserably at that.

The time in between patches should come with a plethora of changes, not a few major changes and then a slew of meaningless changes that does absolutely nothing for the game and/or characters.

Every NRS game prior to this is the reason why Shao Kahn has received NOTHING substantial to improve him as a character? Why, for the second time in a row, is Kitana getting buffed to no effing end while other characters who need far more attention receive nothing? Saving it for a later patch is a possibility, but then that just goes to show their patching system and logic is clearly flawed.

I could probably write an entire essay on what still needs to be addressed that could even begin to make my rating go up. Again, this is all just personal opinion and there's nothing wrong with anyone whom voted a higher number.

I just don't see what y'all are looking at to get that score when there is so much stuff left that needs to be addressed that shouldn't have been here to begin with. Attacks hitting so far behind them that it literally shouldn't be possible, next to no whiff recovery on certain moves/specials, etc.

NRS is playing it too safe and/or slow with their patching process while ultimately achieving very little outside of the major changes brought by aforementioned adjustments (jump-in kicks, block buffer, etc) and mainly changes to Kitana. -_-
I gave it a 9 to piss of some ppl

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Balancing fighting games is a delicate thing. One change in a character can mean so much, it either makes the character good or bad. So, I apreciate the way NRS is handling stuff in this game, they're careful. Most characters are balanced and no matter how good your balance is, there is always going to be characters that are better or worse than the others.

Wigy

There it is...
Balancing fighting games is a delicate thing. One change in a character can mean so much, it either makes the character good or bad. So, I apreciate the way NRS is handling stuff in this game, they're careful. Most characters are balanced and no matter how good your balance is, there is always going to be characters that are better or worse than the others.
There are characters with straight super garbage moves that are downgrades from base variations or have 0 utility for a long time. Theres no excuse for this.