What's new

Question How do you punish Baraka's blade charge?

mod edit: thought would be good idea to keep a tab of things in the OP

Max range blade charge:
radiens superman
kenshis ex SC
ermacs TKP
freddys hellspike
barakas blade charge

Max range ex blade charge:
radiens superman
kenshis ex SC
barakas blade charge

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
It seems as if the pushback is too far for anyone to punish him effectively unless you play as someone like milena. I don't. i play sonya, so what is she supposed to do?
sonya cannot punish a proper spaced charge, the pushback is too great

also theres a thread of page two about this so this could of been asked there or in ask baraka thread, no need for new thread.
either way theres your answer, hope it helps

just so people know the char that can punish the "safe" charge is NW(shoulder) radien(superman) baraka(charge) and skarlet can full combo you if ex dash and ex charge meet

Thanks. and what difference does it make if i make a new thread or not. it's not like this board is exactly blowing up with posts

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
That really depends on which character you use. Even on block Baraka pushes you back. Sonya? idk take there advice.

also Jax can punnish with bionic arm on block at any distance.
I don't no the distancesby the numbers but you can tell if you can punnish the blade charge with any character by looking at barakas blades after you block it. If your character is out side of the blades reach, you probably can't punnish it and you really shouldn't try unless he his close to you after you block blade charge. ( like blade charge is really unsafe hiting someone in the corner because there is no push back)
blade charge will force you to play footsies with him so don't go for a jip or beware the hatredcopter! hope this helps

1man3letters

Thanks. and what difference does it make if i make a new thread or not. it's not like this board is exactly blowing up with posts
because if it not needed it shouldnt be(hence the ask baraka/general discussion threads) and i dunno why your trying to be smart when you got what u want answered

Espio

Kokomo
sonya cannot punish a proper spaced charge, the pushback is too great, even dash d4 can be blocked

also theres a thread of page two about this so this could of been asked there or in ask baraka thread, no need for new thread.
either way theres your answer, hope it helps

just so people know the char that can punish the "safe" charge is NW(shoulder) radien(superman) and skarlet can full combo you if ex dash and ex charge meet
Can it be punished by throw if it can't be punished heavily by people that you didn't mention? I threw someone online and the CPU the other day when I blocked their blade charge, but I'm skeptical as to if that's reliable or not, thanks in advance for your response:)

1man3letters

Can it be punished by throw if it can't be punished heavily by people that you didn't mention? I threw someone online and the CPU the other day when I blocked their blade charge, but I'm skeptical as to if that's reliable or not, thanks in advance for your response:)
if the charge is done at near touching distance i dont see why a dash throw wouldnt work, if its done from "safe" blade charge range i dont think youd have the time to do it before you get spun,hope that helps :)

1man3letters

Cool, thanks man, I really do appreciate it and yes they were both up close when I threw them. I'll have to remember that sweet spot range.
no probs man,
yea the safe charge range is (using meters a guide) baraka foot mostly in front of the 1st circle on his meter, not the whole foot though,and opp with more of his foot in front of his 1st circle than behind.
or a ghetto spacing of it is both chars full screen,do full dash animaton, thats if opp stays still though.
strange when put into words i know but thats how u get the most pushback from a charge to make it "safe"

1man3letters

know this is already know to baraka players but just want to get the info out there:

when blade charging your aim is to hit opp with the very tip of the blades,
go into training mode to find this distance, you'll know your doing it right when your meter goes up in 2 small chunks rather than one bigger one (one part meter for doing the move,one part for it being blocked)

that max safe distance thing pretty cool to note, i was so sure jax could bionic arm it everytime.
its still pretty hard to comfirm it in a match tho, probably not the safest thing to do against jax non the less
I couldn't even block the bionic arm ounce in practice mode

1man3letters

that max safe distance thing pretty cool to note, i was so sure jax could bionic arm it everytime.
its still pretty hard to comfirm it in a match tho, probably not the safest thing to do against jax non the less
I couldn't even block the bionic arm ounce in practice mode
yea like i said,some people know it but just wanted the info out there

yea on jax..
unless you hitting him with the very tip of the blade (aka max range blade charge) jax can hit baraka before he can block so you really have to make sure you space those charges right.
i find the way i use with the meters to judge range very effective,
also on certain stages you can use the background to help,
(eg.in the courtyard when the distance between the two guards is a certain way,this also easier to keep a eye on than opp feet.also courtyard is a smaller stage so its easier to get people in the corner ;) #PHD in filth)

1man3letters

Teleflurry, also shoulder will not whiff, especially if it is EX.
teleflurry? thats 21 frames till active, thats a just frame punish even at closest blade charge range so no way it hitting a max range blocked charge

shoulder will whiff,just went into practice mode to make 100% sure and it does,
ex shoulder will hit though,i should of taken that into account,my bad.
thanks for pointing it out :)

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
with what?
shoulder will whiff, same with reptiles dash
Well if you're talking absolute max range then sure they'll whiff, but when opponents are dash blocking in and looking for it, hitting the Blade Charge at that EXACT range is very difficult. If they have meter they can punish for free, no matter the range. Plus there's a chance they could bait it out and whiff punish you hard.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

1man3letters

well that could be said of any move in the game "if there looking for it".
same with the whiff punish,near whole cast can punish you if whiffing moves

for kenshi to punish raka hard for a whiffed tele he has to make a read, no way hes back dash to RK on reaction
on block ex SC is the only think he can do and he needs meter to do it so i dont think thats bad at all

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Blade charge cannot be punished by Reptile from max range. Dashblocking does not affect how punishable things are.

Kenshi, IIRC can do EX sc and hit.