What's new

Question How do you punish Baraka's blade charge?

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
well that could be said of any move in the game "if there looking for it".
same with the whiff punish,near whole cast can punish you if whiffing moves

for kenshi to punish raka hard for a whiffed tele he has to make a read, no way hes back dash to RK on reaction
on block ex SC is the only think he can do and he needs meter to do it so i dont think thats bad at all

Yeah u guys are right. Damn I'm seriously underestimating how good that move is from max range. Tested the Kenshi stuff against a buddy, and even with the EX SC, your timing has to be spot on, or Raka will be able to block in time.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
just another repost from the lost data but just to make sure its known...

radien can punish any charge with any spacing with superman (just like how baraka can punish all charges in the mirror)
his tele doesnt do the move any favours either but thats another story

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Sub's slide. But It has to be mad on point. And I believe I can still get blown up if the charge is spaced right.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
1man3letters

correct me if im wrong but while you cant punish blade charge,most chars can "punish" it with a blockstring to cash in some chip+meter

leasts thats what i do with 224 clone

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Sub's slide. But It has to be mad on point. And I believe I can still get blown up if the charge is spaced right.
then why the hell would you slide if the charge isnt spaced right when you get a full combo?

if its spaced well you get a blockstring,no reason to slide when you a 224 clone you can do just 4% less than the slide+28% of a bar

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
then why the hell would you slide if the charge isnt spaced right when you get a full combo?

if its spaced well you get a blockstring,no reason to slide when you a 224 clone you can do just 4% less than the slide+28% of a bar
WHOA!! Unrustle those jimmies immediately sir. I don't know the MU too well, and I've always only been able to get a block string in spaced or not...so I got my damage the way I knew how... I feel like I can't get out of block stun soon enough to punish it with a full combo. So thanks for the tip. Are we talking just dash up 22/212?

1man3letters

correct me if im wrong but while you cant punish blade charge,most chars can "punish" it with a blockstring to cash in some chip+meter

leasts thats what i do with 224 clone
Well Baraka's Blade Charge is -16 if properly spaced and Sub Zero's standing 2 comes out at 9 frames. I get the sense that Baraka still has options to counter Sub Zero's block string (since it takes a few frames to dash in). Either a backdash or a crouching attack (like Baraka's outstanding D4) may blow this up since Sub Zero's standing 2 is a high attack.

But if you have Baraka sitting there expecting a slide, he'll probably be blocking so you can catch him that way. A bit of a mixup I think. You'd have to test it to be sure though...I can't say for sure since I don't have a second person to test it with so this is all just theory crafting. I'm thinking the pushback is too great for Sub Zero to have a "guarenteed" block string.

zaf

professor
sonya cannot punish a proper spaced charge, the pushback is too great

also theres a thread of page two about this so this could of been asked there or in ask baraka thread, no need for new thread.
either way theres your answer, hope it helps

just so people know the char that can punish the "safe" charge is NW(shoulder) radien(superman) baraka(charge) and skarlet can full combo you if ex dash and ex charge meet
ermac lift? its a 13 frame move. should be able to punish anything thats -21 or even -16
same goes for tkp.

ermac lift? its a 13 frame move. should be able to punish anything thats -21 or even -16
same goes for tkp.
Ermac's Lift doesn't have a good enough hitbox to reach Baraka if his Blade Charge is spaced properly. Push on the other hand will punish Baraka's properly spaced Blade Charge if reacted to quickly enough.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
WHOA!! Unrustle those jimmies immediately sir. I don't know the MU too well, and I've always only been able to get a block string in spaced or not...so I got my damage the way I knew how... I feel like I can't get out of block stun soon enough to punish it with a full combo. So thanks for the tip. Are we talking just dash up 22/212?
when did i attack you for not knowing the MU?

if its inurface then its full combo,if its not then you can get a blockstring,i use 224 because i dont trust 21s range at all and 22 will get you raped,that -6 can be useful for baraka especially since the whole matchup depends on getting the lifelead+meter adv

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
when did i attack you for not knowing the MU?

if its inurface then its full combo,if its not then you can get a blockstring,i use 224 because i dont trust 21s range at all and 22 will get you raped,that -6 can be useful for baraka especially since the whole matchup depends on getting the lifelead+meter adv
LoL, you didn't, I just felt like saying unrustle those jimmies..offended I was not.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Well Baraka's Blade Charge is -16 if properly spaced and Sub Zero's standing 2 comes out at 9 frames. I get the sense that Baraka still has options to counter Sub Zero's block string (since it takes a few frames to dash in). Either a backdash or a crouching attack (like Baraka's outstanding D4) may blow this up since Sub Zero's standing 2 is a high attack.

But if you have Baraka sitting there expecting a slide, he'll probably be blocking so you can catch him that way. A bit of a mixup I think. You'd have to test it to be sure though...I can't say for sure since I don't have a second person to test it with so this is all just theory crafting. I'm thinking the pushback is too great for Sub Zero to have a "guarenteed" block string.
barakas spin=6f
barakas d4=12f

blade charge spaced properly=-16

subs 2=9

spin after properly spaced blade charge=22
d4 after properly spaced blade charge=28

-9 from both and you have

13 and 19 frames to dash respectively,pretty sure you can get off a blockstring

barakas spin=6f
barakas d4=12f
Unrelated, but Baraka's Blade Spin is 7 frames, not 6. I never brought up Blade Spin though...

blade charge spaced properly=-16

subs 2=9

spin after properly spaced blade charge=22
d4 after properly spaced blade charge=28

-9 from both and you have

13 and 19 frames to dash respectively,pretty sure you can get off a blockstring
You are misunderstanding what those frames mean...It takes 12 frames for the attack of Baraka's D4 to come out, but it does NOT take 12 frames for Baraka's hitbox to be lowered to allow Baraka to dodge Sub Zero's standing 2.

The requirement of 13 to 19 frames to dash I think is the amount of time it takes to reach a certain distance using a dash, but not necessarily to iniate enough of the dash to get away from Sub Zero's dash-in followed by a standing 2.

Also keep in mind that armor moves have armor after 1 frame (correct me if I'm wrong). So after a properly spaced blade charge, Baraka's enhanced blade charge, while unsafe, would also stop this from being a "guarenteed" blockstring.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Unrelated, but Baraka's Blade Spin is 7 frames, not 6. I never brought up Blade Spin though...

You are misunderstanding what those frames mean...It takes 12 frames for the attack of Baraka's D4 to come out, but it does NOT take 12 frames for Baraka's hitbox to be lowered to allow Baraka to dodge Sub Zero's standing 2.

The requirement of 13 to 19 frames to dash I think is the amount of time it takes to reach a certain distance using a dash, but not necessarily to iniate enough of the dash to get away from Sub Zero's dash-in followed by a standing 2.

Also keep in mind that armor moves have armor after 1 frame (correct me if I'm wrong). So after a properly spaced blade charge, Baraka's enhanced blade charge, while unsafe, would also stop this from being a "guarenteed" blockstring.
the second 2 in 22 comes out in 1 more frame and it has a hitbox big enough.

yeah,armour after 1 frame?22 is 1 more more than 2,there goes his armour.

the second 2 in 22 comes out in 1 more frame and it has a hitbox big enough.

yeah,armour after 1 frame?22 is 1 more more than 2,there goes his armour.
So I just went into training mode with Baraka and Sub-Zero (holding both an arcade stick and an xbox controller...very awkward lol) and found that if you perfectly space Baraka's blade charge, then the distance will be too great for Sub-Zero to dash in (even with a full dash) and still be able to reach with 2, 2.

Also since it is a full dash, that may be more than the 13 frames you list (I believe 13 is when you can cancel the dash into an attack, and 19 is a full dash? I'm just going off what you say) so D4 still may be able to hit Sub-Zero (no way I can check by myself...I only have so many hands lol).

Either way, I think it is safe to say this theory is debunked.

D

Deleted member 9158

You don't really. You have properly space yourself and punish it on whiff. You can count the EX charge out completely as that goes full screen

You don't really. You have properly space yourself and punish it on whiff. You can count the EX charge out completely as that goes full screen
Are you saying Baraka can punish on whiff or Sub-Zero can punish on whiff? Your post isn't clear enough for me to tell...

D

Deleted member 9158

Are you saying Baraka can punish on whiff or Sub-Zero can punish on whiff? Your post isn't clear enough for me to tell...
I was referring to the OP's post. I wasn't even aware this thread had turned into a sub-zero thread.

I was referring to the OP's post. I wasn't even aware this thread had turned into a sub-zero thread.
Ah...it is helpful to quote the person you are talking towards in order to avoid this type of confusion ha ha.

Anyways, it can be difficult to try to get Baraka's blade charge to whiff since he can dash forward then blade charge at anytime. If you are just continously backing up to try to bait out Baraka's blade charge, then a smart Baraka player will just walk you into the corner...That's exactly where Baraka wants you.

But yes...Baraka's blade charge is extremely punishable on whiff...

1man3letters

god damn guys, calm down

Qwark28 if you try and dash up and get a block string after a blocked proper spaced charge baraka can spin most normals before a blockstring..or just back dash. you get 224 when we play cause its online ;)
you could always bait said spin though

zaf no lift cant,either can push on a proper spaced ex charge

xInfra Deadx hellspike is a just frame punish and thats only if freddy blocks it standing, he cant punish it from crouch block as it takes a extra frame for a move to come ouf of crouch block. and i say just frame in mk frame data meaning most of the time its not even a just frame because of mks crazy block stun

o-BEEF_SUPREME-o sub cant punish a proper spaced charge with slide, one full dash under max range though sub ca slide it

and yes the move is fully punishabe on whiff

:edited my intoxicated mistake

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
A just frame punish is stll a punish...just saying...you'd be a "fool" if you think you can Blade Charge all over on Freddy.

Trolls keep hatin'.

*unwatches thread*

1man3letters

A just frame punish is stll a punish...just saying...you'd be a "fool" if you think you can Blade Charge all over on Freddy.

Trolls keep hatin'.

*unwatches thread*
i dont think you follow what i meant but ok,
i said freddy could punish just that sometimes with the way block stun works its not possible sometimes even with he right spacing/timing

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
i dont think you follow what i meant but ok,
i said freddy could punish just that sometimes with the way block stun works its not possible sometimes even with he right spacing/timing
I understand what you said earlier about the block crouch. I just don't like how people are portraying this move as "godly" when it can get blown up quite easily.