What's new

How do you play your Kano?

Sodium

Noob
Pretty new to the character(~100 online matches or so), but I center around drawing my opponent in with knife pressure(to assess their dashblock timing), and punishing accordingly.

And of course upball to the max.

I play kano just outside of jump distance. In order to get too jump distance I use balls and knives. Throw a knife dash in, punish moves with there respective balls etc. Once I am in my zone (spot on the screen I like) I begin using knives to pressure. If my oppenent blocks I will dash foward and knive again. I use upball as my main aa, but uppercut is good for close jumps and kanoball is good for farscreen jumps as aa. Then once I ball/ dash in I start pressuring with b1 1 2 or mixup with f3 b2. If I hit I go for combos obviously, If they block I use choke(i think its safe and the pushback works to my advantage could be wrong though). Then I end combos with choke if I need them to be close so I can pressure more, or kanoball if I want to zone again. The point is for me to push them into the corner and attempt to light them up with a crazy wall combo and general pressure (poor mans sub). Or I want to bait and punish. My meter goes exclusively to breaker or xray unless I really need the armour to get in, however the new wall juggles look like they need meter which means I will want to save some for the wall. I also hardly jip anymore with the advantage nerf gone, I just jik ~ airgrab, or if they block try to grab (it works alot better than it sounds.)

Tl;dr

Use knives to control space, go for short offensive bursts, push em in the corner and fucking rape em.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
rushdown baiter, its so funny crapping on the whole cast because of simple baits and zoning :boxing:

cyke_out

Noob
Mid-screen control, footsie, long reach pokes, safe knife from any range, great anti-air, good frame traps, low/high mix-ups and choking bitches.

Death

Noob
Knvies for zoning. Jumpkick~air throw for air control. Upball for mind games and F+3B+2 string up close. I use Kano for games where I want to just relax and not think. Same goes for Sub-Zero.

RoGE

Noob
I play him like I play Ryu, zone them with knives and anti air them when I can. I change my game plan however if the character can deal with projectile spam, so I get up close more.

i have mix up oriented kano ,up ball against jumpers and knives for turtles but the main game is mixing with f3,3 and f3 b2(very safe and stuffs most wakeups ,plus the huge reach is great for punishing)
and the b2,f1 choke is very safe
and i use the jk into air grab 2 to 3 times a round cuz it's that good, i rarely use sweep but his d4 is okay a bit slow but good.