What's new

How do you people bare to play on 360 controllers?

zee

Icy
I've considered getting a converter but I hear they can be very unreliable.
IIRC, the unreliability issue stems from the converters' high sensitivity such that they pick up the most minute of analog stick movements. I use an eTokki converter with a ps2 pad and only had a little initial trouble; once I centered the analogs and never touched them again, I've had no problems.

For complete peace of mind I would suggest an old-school ps1 pad with an eTokki converter. No analogs, no reliability concerns.

Regardless, I hope you receive your pad in time for the tournament, broski!

i hated the 360 pad for fighting games, so i bought that silver controller with better dpad. but it broke and i had to go back to the normal controller, and i found out that im fine with it in this game for some reason. i think it has to do with the delayed jump inputs, so that dashing forward/backward or quarter circle doesnt mean "jump" in 50% of the cases.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
the shoes on the other foot now muhahahahaha u should let me play u den u can bitch at me about how much it sucks just like i was doin a couple of weeks ago :boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

the shoes on the other foot now muhahahahaha u should let me play u den u can bitch at me about how much it sucks just like i was doin a couple of weeks ago :boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:
i think we all agree it's personal preference lmao

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I dont see how people play on the playstation pad, to be honest. pads are funky. i dont get it.
Eh, you get used to 'em, they're really not too bad. Just preference really though. I've had to use the 360 pad though and that thing is ass, you'll jump randomly and all this other crap due to the 8 way directional pad; it sucks lol. "I DASHED, THE FUCK!"

Some take to the stick, some take to the pad. From my experience, the hitbox is the best of both worlds though.

Dude, this legitimately hurts my brain.

zaf

professor
To play on xbl, i use a converter that allows me to plug in my ps2 pad.

i've been playing smash brothers competitively for years so i am very used to playing with a controller.

when i play sf4 and mvc3, its with a ps2 pad

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I personally like the feel of the silver xbox controller, I tried one of those fight pads for a about a week and just couldn't get used to it, it made me play like crap. The only thing about the silver ones though is pad is so flimsy I've broken 2 so far in the last 4 months or so where the pad just cracked and fell off. I do have a gamestop warranty thankfully though to keep replacing them.

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
I personally like the feel of the silver xbox controller, I tried one of those fight pads for a about a week and just couldn't get used to it, it made me play like crap. The only thing about the silver ones though is pad is so flimsy I've broken 2 so far in the last 4 months or so where the pad just cracked and fell off. I do have a gamestop warranty thankfully though to keep replacing them.
offtopic, brother your nickname has me lmfao lol, fucking epic bro lol

Fatality_check

Never Gonna Give
I use the 360 controller and most of time its fine. Sometimes the actual controller might just be shit though because I can't use my other 360 wired - stiff as hell. I do like ps3 but you can cut corners on the 360 pad. That fightpad looks nice though.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I use analog stick on xbox 360 controller. It is WAY better than the d-pad, and I dont have enough money for a fightstick.

shura30

Shura
silver 360 controller is good enough if compared to the stock one

but i really can't understand how you can pull things off left/right triggers

don't you all in england have the game franchise?don't they have any kind of fightpad?