What's new

how do players maintain a high level of play when playing multiple games??

DanCock

Cock Master!!
**at work and typed this real fast, so can't spell check or fix any bad english**

I'm trying to figure out how do you players maintain a high level of play when playing multiple fighting games at one time.

I was playing tekken tag for over 2 months straight from sept to Halloween, I was getting decent at it not good just decent. Then when I decided to go to NEC I stopped playing tekken and started back up with mk9, well the first week was horrifying I wasn't competitive at all losing to players I use to beat forgot set ups and general stuff, before September I played the game nonstop for over a year. I never became a great player Ofcourse and I always choked at offline tournaments with the nerves and shit. I lost because I just lost, but I still had my game plan and how I wanted to play etc. 2 months off I just totally forgot all of it and had to relearn, it came back to me faster Ofcourse. I'm getting back to being decent again I have played the last 3 weeks straight of just mk9.

Which now brings me to going ahead and practicing for mk2, a game in which I have played for over 15 years. The last 2 I haven't really played at all because of mk9 but I still have 15 years of experience. I turn it on and I find myself trying to uppercut with D2 instead of D1 I totally forgot how I fight each character set ups and everything I'm like :O I'm totally lost, it's frustrating.

Then last night I played tekken tag vs m2dave which he kicked my ass which is normal he always has but I totally forgot how I played, set ups how to punish everything. I know I suck but I don't suck that much and it was driving me insane that I had no clue what to do and yet 3 weeks ago I did.

So my question is - how do you guys play multiple fighting games and maintain high level play???

Is it just that I am a slow person? Stupid, low IQ??? Could age be it?? I'm 33 now?? Any advice???

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

M2Dave

Zoning Master
You have to stop using strings like d/f+3,2,3 with Nina. Such strings have no use outside of combos because they are not safe, natural combos, natural counter combos, etc. Nina is a difficult character to use in the first place. You have to master movement, iWS+1, and extending juggles with iWS+1s, which is not practical unless you play Tekken full time.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
When playing multiple fighters, I usually go into training or arcade mode before I play a human opponent. Just to get familiar with the controls and shake the rust off.

Because they play those games consistently. They don't stop for long periods of time. Like when people go to BIG 2, everyone usually plays all the games their at least once a week, so they stay in shape.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I'm not good at multiple fighters (unless you count different MKs) but it kind of requires a basic understanding of the game. I for one just don't understand Tekken at all, but you throw something like Art of Fighting, it just clicks.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
pick the most basic shit that works for your character in each game,

don't play multiple characters,

Remember the fundamentals of the game before you play it again, and get down to buisness,

in all honesty there really arent many people that are really good at multiple games at a top level,

2 off the top of my head are Tokido and JWongg, and I just think they may be freeks of nature

DanCock

Cock Master!!
When playing multiple fighters, I usually go into training or arcade mode before I play a human opponent. Just to get familiar with the controls and shake the rust off.
That's something I must start doing now.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

gdf

Noob
Use what you learn in one game and apply it to the other, works very well for me.

Unless the game is League of Legends. In which case say goodbye to your tournament record.

And whatever Juggs said.

Usually when playing a different game you have to know the fundamentals for each game you play (I play KOF, Tekken, and MK..and suck but still lol). For example, getting caught ducking in tekken can make you lose more than half your life, as compared to mk (for the average character). To punish lows in Tekken you usually use WS moves, which isn't in mk or KOF. It's almost you have to remind yourself the fundamentals when transitioning (reset your mind in sense). Best thing to do is go into practice mode.

...either that or be Chris G or Justin Wong