What's new

Strategy how do i stop a cross up standing/on knock down

Status
Not open for further replies.

LUCKY0346

AT Gaming
when the opponent is jumpin towards me i use 2 as anti air.
but when im knocked down and the opponent does a cross-over jump witch tool do i gotta use as anti air?
the clone only works when he is jumpin towards me with the right amount of space.
the slide does work, but sometimes you will get hit by a crossing jump kick or punch.
ive tried a d4 but that seems useless most of the time.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
when the opponent is jumpin towards me i use 2 as anti air.
but when im knocked down and the opponent does a cross-over jump witch tool do i gotta use as anti air?
the clone only works when he is jumpin towards me with the right amount of space.
the slide does work, but sometimes you will get hit by a crossing jump kick or punch.
ive tried a d4 but that seems useless most of the time.
If its not an un techable knock down try tech rolling or just laying there till they've landed and pop em with a slide, especially if they are blindly throwing a string out when they land ( rare but it happens) Subs wake up options are pretty unsafe, I use them sparingly to catch the opponent off guard. Other wise I stick to tech roll or just getting up to block. And wake up slide can sometimes send you away from the opponent if they x-up, which is no bueno against teleporters. But if the spacing is right, you can tech roll then clone and catch em where a straight wake up clone would break due to proximity.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
so there is no tool other than laying down? of stand and block?
You can try d4 but you gotta be a jedi or you're gonna eat full Jip combos all day. Not worth the risk in my eyes. Like I said, try laying there until they land and pop them with a slide. But dont be wreckless with it or again, you will be eating full combos. Is there a particular character that gives you trouble in this situation?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Don't get knocked down!!
btw, if you can dash back and anti air 2... why not just clone and get a full combo? Less risk.

Yeah I tend to just stay down if they want to cross up on a knockdown. You just have to learn when you can poke out of their next block string.

Dat Al

Stay Frosty
Best bet, assuming they are up in your grill and clone isnt an option, block the first string, then either jump back kick or njp. Catch someone with a njp a couple of times, they get the message that they cant cross up for free.

mekane

Noob
i think its pretty hard for the opponent to time his jump so that it will beat your tech roll -> ice clone, that's your best option IMO. i try it out in practice mode sometimes, set the AI to wake up with a tech roll, and after you knock him down, try jumping over him... usually i fall onto his ice clone.

LUCKY0346

AT Gaming
thanks for your reaction, but yall dont get the point..
i mean a cross up when im knocked down so 22 doesnt work and all that stuff..
i want to know a tool when im knocked down.. tech roll doesnt help me.

Satan1

Ice Pirate
And I thought you of all people had fleshed out Subie to his maximum!
(--> He is a beast with Sub!!)
I guess Sub doesn't really have an effective tool against a cross up when knocked down. I guess the best option is to stay down and answer with a D4+pressure or slide depending on the situation, just like you said in the y'r post.

This is why we need a programmable practice mode!!

Sasuga

Noob
Reversed flying kick? I mean, in the direction the other player came from before crossing you up.

LUCKY0346

AT Gaming
And I thought you of all people had fleshed out Subie to his maximum!
(--> He is a beast with Sub!!)
I guess Sub doesn't really have an effective tool against a cross up when knocked down. I guess the best option is to stay down and answer with a D4+pressure or slide depending on the situation, just like you said in the y'r post.

This is why we need a programmable practice mode!!
thank you haze.. but its just frustrating to catch chip damage first..

LUCKY0346

AT Gaming
Reversed flying kick? I mean, in the direction the other player came from before crossing you up.
yeah i allready know this wroks, but i cant juggle off a jumpin kick..
i want a tool like 2 as ainti air so i can juggle and do sum real damage

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
not many characters in general can deal with a cross up after a knockdown. I think you just need to learn when to tech roll and when to lay down and let them whiff the JiP.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Sub struggles when under pressure to begin with, so first, just accept that. He has a high hitbox so he cant reliably D1/D4 the way say Reptile or Mileena can. That being said he isnt totally helpless when dealing with crossups. For me it depends on the character Im facing. Sindel for instance isnt a great pressure character. Im just gonna block her JIP and the follow up string, if i eat a throw for it, so be it, Either way Ive got my space back.
Now lets say its Johnny Cage or Skarlet. Both of these characters can dish out tons of chip damage, especially if they have alot of meter. And if they do you simply cant afford to let them start that pressure up, because once they do it can be difficult for Sub to get out with making a risky guess. 99% of the time if someone crosses up Subzero they are going to use a JIP into a string or throw. EX slide will beat out both options due to the armor and get you out of the follow up pressure while giving you your space back. It costs a bar of meter so like I said use it wisely and really know if its worth it. Its hardly worth it to use it if all your gonna block is JIP into string/throw.

Also as others have mentioned if you tech roll back into ice clone and they try to jump, many times they will end up landing on the clone. This only works for techable knockdowns and I know you said your talking about untechable knockdowns but I only mention it in passing.
Also worth keeping in mind is that the ice clone has no proximity on low kicks so for someone like jax who likes to come in and pressure with F4,1,3 even if hes right on top of you ice clone will catch him because it has no proximity on the first hit(because its a kick.)

Status
Not open for further replies.