What's new

Question How do I open people up with killer frost?

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
For people who are used to fighting KF, I often slide to get in (which is usually blocked), then I block their counter poke and respond with an armored f+3.

Just use slide to get in, then once you have a free 8 frames, armor that f+3 or grab. If they don't have a low poke, you can always slide in and use her parry.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
If they keep blocking low I just f3 their asses. I haven't put too much work into Frosty the Snowbitch yet, but I'm developing a game around that
Does she have a move that lets her safely throw out F3? For example, after d1 on hit, lex has enough frame advantage to throw out his overhead or low.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
For people who are used to fighting KF, I often slide to get in (which is usually blocked), then I block their counter poke and respond with an armored f+3.

Just use slide to get in, then once you have a free 8 frames, armor that f+3 or grab. If they don't have a low poke, you can always slide in and use her parry.
I use to do that, but it only works against the inexperienced. Good players won't mash to get hit by armored F3 after they counter poke. Or do you mean that immediately after slide you can armor f+3?

Law Hero

I use to do that, but it only works against the inexperienced. Good players won't mash to get hit by armored F3 after they counter poke. Or do you mean that immediately after slide you can armor f+3?
Well, armor takes 8 frames to activate, from what I recall, and after a slide you're at -4; therefore, it's pretty unlikely that it'll work.

The best advise I can give is to slide your way in and look for an opening to slide again or armor f+3. Apart from the command grab, almost all of my meter is spent on armor. A lot of her mind games (in my experience, of course) come from conditioning the opponent to block low then hit with her main overhead. Up close mix-ups with f+3 and slide, then when they get defense, grab them. I mean, it really depends on the opponent.I'm no authority, but she up close game doesn't seem too complicated which is good and bad. You got simple high/low mixups, a hint of armor, and a grab.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
This my tutorial video of opening up peeps with Killo Frost
Ok seriously WTF did I just watch!!!

Anyway, I find the best tatctic with frost is to stay just outside your oppenents range and and entice them to swing at you and the bam hit them with a slide. Also your opponent(if they aren't a huge noob) will alwasy be ready and expecting that slide at any given time, that is why you can also use B1, DF+MB, its an even better way of using the F3, and if they start expecting that use the other mix-up B1U3, or even F23

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Use the fact that people outside of f3 range will be blocking low a lot for the fear of being checked with slide. This gives you a lot of opportunities to:

-Dash in and f3
-Jump in
-Air dash cross-up jump in
-Slide back-dash and whiff punish with slide
-Slide and parry especially against characters with d1's that hit mid
-Slide neutral jump into pressure
-b1 slide in sweep range
-Walk your way into footsie range and using tools like the back-dash/walking and try to bait a whiffed attack and punish with slide
-Charge trait at a distance to see if it will provoke your opponent to move
-Tap trait to bait movement since the startup looks very similar to the iceberg. Punish with anti-air.

TheSpore

Use the fact that people outside of f3 range will be blocking low a lot for the fear of being checked with slide. This gives you a lot of opportunities to:

-Dash in and f3
-Jump in
-Air dash cross-up jump in
-Slide back-dash and whiff punish with slide
-Slide and parry especially against characters with d1's that hit mid
-Slide neutral jump into pressure
-b1 slide in sweep range
-Walk your way into footsie range and using tools like the back-dash/walking and try to bait a whiffed attack and punish with slide
-Charge trait at a distance to see if it will provoke your opponent to move
-Tap trait to bait movement since the startup looks very similar to the iceberg. Punish with anti-air.
So many damn options you, its like you like you and KF have gotten to lknow each other quite well, it is apparent that you have made it to 2nd base with her...

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
What are some block strings and frame traps she can use?
Jesus christ man do you want people to play that game for you? Lol just look at the frame data and test a string out on lex luthor reversal corp charges... F113 is +6 on block though it says +4 and its an all mid string so its no interruptable.. You could repeat the string over and over and they cant do nothing but opt to push block...

But serious dude lol... Video games

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Jer

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
I
Jesus christ man do you want people to play that game for you? Lol just look at the frame data and test a string out on lex luthor reversal corp charges... F113 is +6 on block though it says +4 and its an all mid string so its no interruptable.. You could repeat the string over and over and they cant do nothing but opt to push block...

But serious dude lol... Video games

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2
I don't have access to my Xbox, jackass. I'm trying to get some knowledge until then. Nice constructive post though

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I came in here to say pretty much exactly what Ribbz said, she has a lot of options to open people up. Frankly, just sliding isn't going to work as much as you'd hope it to. You can do 111(which is +15) into trait and free 50/50 because of frame advantage(keep in mind, the first two hits of 111 can be ducked). ALWAYS do B1 slide, I literally don't know why you would do anything other than that off of a B1. B1 U3 isn't a mixup, it's a low mid which is -6, and B1 slide is -4.

Also Law Hero, I don't know why you would block a poke THEN do MB F3, either MB F3 the poke, or just F3 after the poke (or just parry it in general)

Also "Just use slide to get in, then once you have a free 8 frames, armor that f+3 or grab. If they don't have a low poke, you can always slide in and use her parry." makes no sense. I don't know where these 8 free frames are coming from when you're -4 after a slide.

Chuckychuck That's the most disgusting post I've ever read.

I came in here to say pretty much exactly what Ribbz said, she has a lot of options to open people up. Frankly, just sliding isn't going to work as much as you'd hope it to. You can do 111(which is +15) into trait and free 50/50 because of frame advantage(keep in mind, the first two hits of 111 can be ducked). ALWAYS do B1 slide, I literally don't know why you would do anything other than that off of a B1. B1 U3 isn't a mixup, it's a low mid which is -6, and B1 slide is -4.

Also Law Hero, I don't know why you would block a poke THEN do MB F3, either MB F3 the poke, or just F3 after the poke (or just parry it in general)

Also "Just use slide to get in, then once you have a free 8 frames, armor that f+3 or grab. If they don't have a low poke, you can always slide in and use her parry." makes no sense. I don't know where these 8 free frames are coming from when you're -4 after a slide.

Hey man it works

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Killer Frost is like the God of mixups in this game, especially when she has meter.

But basically, Just do what ribbz and Jer said. B1 slide is a must, 111 4 is a must, f113 is a must.

When she has 2bars or more, she is EXTREMELY dangerous because she can either end her strings with slide or MB F3, both launches, both safe. Can't fuzzy guard them either.

In the corner, she can make the opponent flustered with her insane pressure.
Random parries? Lol that shit will get you blown up

Reactions: Jer

Law Hero

As for blocking the poke, if I recall correctly, you're -4 after a blocked slide and armor takes 8 frames to activate on f+3; therefore, if you slide and try to MB f+3, then you'll get poked out of it.

Now I could be wrong, but I always slide, block, then counter with an armored move.

TheSpore

When Frost has two bars you can use B1, DF+MB, it is a low into an overhead. Most will be expecting either a slide or the U3 ender.

If you want to do some u3 combo-ing off of a slide without starting with a slide, there are options to get into it. You can f112 into a slide. You can also MB Iceberg into a slide. Then the u3 shenanigans can begin.