What's new

Question How do I deal with brain dead players?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I'm about to blow you the fuck up. I'd say prepare yourself, but honestly you can't even prepare for the common online scorpion so it'd be asking too much.
I was going to just take a backseat, but seeing this reply to actual good advice like some entitled twat obviously justifies a small bit of reality.

First off, your title reeks of incompetence. I'm surprised you can even grasp the concept of pressing buttons on a keyboard, since apparently you're too inept to think of a title that isn't basically flamebait waiting to happen.
I'm not even being an asshole right now, I'm being honest. If you want help, pick a title that doesn't sound like you just stepped out of the Gamefaqs primordial ooze.
Of course people are going to come in here and bust your ass, and you deserve it all things considered.

Second, don't be an asshole to people with good advice. If you know how to go into practice, then you shouldn't be posting here in the first place. GAV is right when he says learn your frames.
You want a clear explanation? Learn to dissect your own play, learn to recognize your own shitty habits so you can bring your Kung Jin to an almost tolerable level.

Third, you use the word "spam" like people use the word "ironic", its incorrect and you look like an ass for doing so. Its not spam, its tactics that you obviously lack the simplest basics to counter.
How hard is it to block and punish? How hard is it to see someone doing something 19 times and figure out a way to stop it the 20th time?
Its not, and I'm running out of ways to accent your idiocy because its so all over the place. They explain blocking in the tutorial, try playing through it.

I'm about to give you the magic formula for beating "braindead spammers".

Ready?

Learn to play the game above the level of a five year old inbred child. Crazy, I know, I'll try to slow down for you.
If you go to the lab (like GAV so kindly said), you can learn that scorpion's teleport, spear, and 90% of what you bitch about is full combo punishable if you aren't a total boob.
Then you learn from said lab how best to punish it.

Then you nut up and stop wasting our time, since by that point you'd almost resemble someone worth it.

If you'd prefer a tl;dr so you can avoid having your sensitive feelings hurt (since someone saying to hit the lab got your clit in a twist)

Learn to lab, learn to read what you type before you send it off, and learn to take advice if you ask for it.
Learn to get a thicker skin, and if you're looking for advice learn to sit down and shut up. No one gives a damn about your opinion.
We didn't come here to hear what you think, you came here to grovel for the smallest morsels of advice we could spare, if we care to.
And you'll be damn grateful we even bother to insult you, let alone if we decide to impart advice.

Now either learn to play the goddamn game or stop playing it, but don't come in here looking for us to hold your hand.
If you can't walk on your own two legs, then lay there and perish alongside every other braindead player with an opinion.
We can't teach you to not be a shit KJ player, thats something you have to learn on your own.

Next time, maybe make a post saying "Having issues with ____, would like advice" instead of something that makes me think you need a helmet to go into public.

Like I make a habit out of not blowing people up for the sake of trying to keep the idea that I'm a "nice guy", but fuck it if I get infracted for this I don't care. There were a million simple, obvious ways to go about making this topic, getting what you needed, and improving yourself, but you picked the ONE ABSOLUTE WORST WAY and rolled with it.

This topic is over. People gave you advice, you taking it or not is on your head, not ours. Anything further will just be wasted time and energy, and more and more flaming and trolling. This topic, and every topic like it, are a cancer on the forum.
You sure put some random person in the internet in their place. Your mother would be proud.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
While I can see both sides, 'spam' is a real thing and it does exist. And so do brain-dead players.

What I consider 'spam' is someone who repeatedly throws out the same things because they have a high probability of working, without any thought, regard, or choice to what they're throwing out. I'm not talking carefully-calculated zoning here; it's those people who just mash things out because they know they can.

Every fighting game has characters and tools that lend themselves to this (some more than others) and it sometimes takes a fair bit of skill to counteract it, especially online when frames aren't always behaving as they should be.

Learning to level up and beat these kinds of things isn't always an obvious road, and a lot of people who've traveled it forget that they may have struggled with these things at some point.

In any case, he's taken the first first step and asked for help. Now @Psycho_Mantis it's time to be receptive to the help that's been given instead of blowing people up for trying to give you advice. I'm not sure why you blew up @GAV, but it didn't make sense to me based on what he said.

Have some patience, everyone -- focus on getting the best out of this situation for everyone involved instead of making it worse than it is.

Matix218

Get over here!
How do I deal with scorpion spammers? I fought one person who hell fire, d2, spear when I jump. I fought another one who spammed the teleport and every time I go for a punish it whiffs.

Every time I go on player match I fight bmashers, so I never learn anything from players or match ups. The hype for this game needs to die....

How do I deal with the bullshit guys? How do I get prepare for the bull shit spammers that I am not used to seeing?

Is there a place on the forums I can find good people to play/learn with?
Dealing with spam is as easy as blocking. Most moves people "spam" are punishable with a full combo. Learn what punishes what and learn to block and you will be able to blow up spamming special moves

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Have some patience, everyone -- focus on getting the best out of this situation for everyone involved instead of making it worse than it is.
My patience ended after reading the title. Change it to something acceptable, please. Something that'll avoid responses like mine, because trust me, there is much worse that can be said.
"I need advice" would suffice, anything that takes it into a more constructive direction. I think you and I can agree that the title being what it is will carry a bad predisposition before they even enter the topic itself.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
My patience ended after reading the title. Change it to something acceptable, please. Something that'll avoid responses like mine, because trust me, there is much worse that can be said.
"I need advice" would suffice, anything that takes it into a more constructive direction. I think you and I can agree that the title being what it is will carry a bad predisposition before they even enter the topic itself.
I understand, but you're choosing to take offense at something that's not actually that offensive. It's pretty clear what he meant and the choice of wording shouldn't affect anyone's ability to understand the question at hand.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I'm about to blow you the fuck up. I'd say prepare yourself, but honestly you can't even prepare for the common online scorpion so it'd be asking too much.
I was going to just take a backseat, but seeing this reply to actual good advice like some entitled twat obviously justifies a small bit of reality.

First off, your title reeks of incompetence. I'm surprised you can even grasp the concept of pressing buttons on a keyboard, since apparently you're too inept to think of a title that isn't basically flamebait waiting to happen.
I'm not even being an asshole right now, I'm being honest. If you want help, pick a title that doesn't sound like you just stepped out of the Gamefaqs primordial ooze.
Of course people are going to come in here and bust your ass, and you deserve it all things considered.

Second, don't be an asshole to people with good advice. If you know how to go into practice, then you shouldn't be posting here in the first place. GAV is right when he says learn your frames.
You want a clear explanation? Learn to dissect your own play, learn to recognize your own shitty habits so you can bring your Kung Jin to an almost tolerable level.

Third, you use the word "spam" like people use the word "ironic", its incorrect and you look like an ass for doing so. Its not spam, its tactics that you obviously lack the simplest basics to counter.
How hard is it to block and punish? How hard is it to see someone doing something 19 times and figure out a way to stop it the 20th time?
Its not, and I'm running out of ways to accent your idiocy because its so all over the place. They explain blocking in the tutorial, try playing through it.

Ready?

Learn to play the game above the level of a five year old inbred child. Crazy, I know, I'll try to slow down for you.
If you go to the lab (like GAV so kindly said), you can learn that scorpion's teleport, spear, and 90% of what you bitch about is full combo punishable if you aren't a total boob.

Then you nut up and stop wasting our time, since by that point you'd almost resemble someone worth it.

If you'd prefer a tl;dr so you can avoid having your sensitive feelings hurt (since someone saying to hit the lab got your clit in a twist)

Learn to lab, learn to read what you type before you send it off, and learn to take advice if you ask for it.
Learn to get a thicker skin, and if you're looking for advice learn to sit down and shut up. No one gives a damn about your opinion.
We didn't come here to hear what you think, you came here to grovel for the smallest morsels of advice we could spare, if we care to.
And you'll be damn grateful we even bother to insult you, let alone if we decide to impart advice.

Now either learn to play the goddamn game or stop playing it, but don't come in here looking for us to hold your hand.
If you can't walk on your own two legs, then lay there and perish alongside every other braindead player with an opinion.
We can't teach you to not be a shit KJ player, thats something you have to learn on your own.

Next time, maybe make a post saying "Having issues with ____, would like advice" instead of something that makes me think you need a helmet to go into public.

Like I make a habit out of not blowing people up for the sake of trying to keep the idea that I'm a "nice guy", but fuck it if I get infracted for this I don't care. There were a million simple, obvious ways to go about making this topic, getting what you needed, and improving yourself, but you picked the ONE ABSOLUTE WORST WAY and rolled with it.

This topic is over. People gave you advice, you taking it or not is on your head, not ours. Anything further will just be wasted time and energy, and more and more flaming and trolling. This topic, and every topic like it, are a cancer on the forum.

Geez man, think you might have went in a little too much...

NeckolasBone

You don't mess with ze Bi Han!
Ever had a kid who sits alone at lunch and In an attempt to make new friends asks a question In a horrible way because he's new to his environment? Yeah, that's this guy. A couple of you are the dick snot losers that reject him In a sad attempt to be "cool"......way to be those people TYM. OUTSTANDING!

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I understand, but you're choosing to take offense at something that's not actually that offensive. It's pretty clear what he meant and the choice of wording shouldn't affect anyone's ability to understand the question at hand.
While normally I would agree, its not me taking offense. I took offense to his reply to one person, but the topic as a whole automatically carries a bad stigma just because of how the material is being presented to the forums.
This isn't just theory, and you know it. Topics like this, with the title like it is, will always get worse and less constructive responses simply because it accents a different problem than what actually needs solving.

People come in here to watch some newbie player complain about something we consider easy to counter. If the title were something like "Learning Kung Jin, need advice" then the topic would take an entirely different turn, and almost none of the posts putting down the topic or its creator would exist. It would be focused, precise, and speak to the informative angle of things. Instead, its something you'd expect to see slathered across reddit by some nameless mook who would prefer to be justified in his opinion than initiated into fact. Aside from his response, the title is my only other grievance, and its fully justified because I am right about it. Its been proven countless times over the life of this forum, we've seen topics rise and fall by the same blade. Can we not pretend this is some kind of special case worth preserving for all of its "integrity" and just make the title something that'll provide some direction?

Ever had a kid who sits alone at lunch and In an attempt to make new friends asks a question In a horrible way because he's new to his environment? Yeah, that's this guy. A couple of you are the dick snot losers that reject him In a sad attempt to be "cool"......way to be those people TYM. OUTSTANDING!
If that were the case, sure, your idea of this might be justified, but this is no victim of unfair bullying. This is the sheltered kid whining that the school lunch menu isn't gluten free, or that his mom didn't pack the PBnJ sandwich the perfect way because she had to rush off to work that morning. He lost any claim to pity the moment he took someones advice and insulted them for attempting to tell HIM to go to the lab.

How dare that guy, right? What an asshole he must be, giving the person asking for advice something constructive that works for him.

Hades

Noob

Ready?

Opened this thread hoping for some funny shit to read and this is hands down the best thing i've ever read on ths website. That roasting was just beautiful and so well executed major props for that, also you took the right approach towards this guy. Don't help those who won't help themselves... You want to get better sit in the lab, nut the fuck up and learn the game. No one becomes an expert in a day it takes practice. Sitting around with your hand down your pants complaining about how to beat 'scrubs' and 'spammers' is not the way to learn. Jump in that lab and you will learn how to beat these 'braindead tactics'...

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
You are getting way too butthurt over this post. I even agree with what you said somewhat but god damn, turn all that aggressive energy into finding some more tech for the Ferra council or something.
I've found all the tech already. Its May, you know this.
Also I warned him in the first sentence what was coming. If he wants to avoid it, he can choose not to read any further. Its my blow-up option select. Either he reads and accepts his fate, or he sits blissfully ignorant and no one gets their feelings hurt, making me no longer the villain.

Geez man, think you might have went in a little too much...
I play Lackey Torr, I play Bane, there is no such thing as "going in too much."

OR DID YOU FORGET!

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
RE: Dealing with Scorpion - block low and run cancel into block to close the space. You might eat a few of the divekick spawn things in the air but you can react to those. Its more dangerous to block high than low - so definitely block low and react when possible. Blocking high you'll eat minions - leading to a vortex for your opponent.

A blocked minion or spear is so very very very punishable by running in - so when you block anything, run in and punish. If your character has mixups (which, Kung Jin does..) then even blocking a minion close to fullscreen creates a guessing game for your opponent (certainly online anyway .. bit harder offline).

I guess the TLDR is: Block low, react to high, and make sure you practice run ins/run blocking to close space and punish. If you get put into a Vortex, you can armour through it for 40% with Kung Jin with an EX Bow Spin right when the reset happens.
While I think Inferno Scorpion is heavily overrated, neither of these things are true, unless the Scorp player just flat out doesnt grasp frame data.

SnoopyClownGang

Who's Next?

Ready?

To be fair, did you see GAV's initial post? It's not exactly friendly.

Players that whine about spamming are always much worse than they think they are.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Perhaps, but that wasn't what he was replying to, so its a moot point.
What he did reply to was GAV explaining the value of the lab, which his response was where my reply came from.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
While normally I would agree, its not me taking offense. I took offense to his reply to one person, but the topic as a whole automatically carries a bad stigma just because of how the material is being presented to the forums.
This isn't just theory, and you know it. Topics like this, with the title like it is, will always get worse and less constructive responses simply because it accents a different problem than what actually needs solving.

People come in here to watch some newbie player complain about something we consider easy to counter. If the title were something like "Learning Kung Jin, need advice" then the topic would take an entirely different turn, and almost none of the posts putting down the topic or its creator would exist. It would be focused, precise, and speak to the informative angle of things. Instead, its something you'd expect to see slathered across reddit by some nameless mook who would prefer to be justified in his opinion than initiated into fact. Aside from his response, the title is my only other grievance, and its fully justified because I am right about it. Its been proven countless times over the life of this forum, we've seen topics rise and fall by the same blade. Can we not pretend this is some kind of special case worth preserving for all of its "integrity" and just make the title something that'll provide some direction?
Yeah, but while you may have a library in your head of what you believe to be acceptable lexicon for creating a thread title, not everyone is going to agree. There are plenty of people who come here with very little experience, and they're going to express their issues the best way they know how.

It's different if you're criticizing a veteran player who has been around the forums for years, but you're referring to someone who's been a member for quite literally less than a month and is making one of his first threads. He had no way of knowing, and he's sharing his issues with his own personal way of describing them.

I get that you don't agree with the wording, but that's no cause to overlook what he's trying to ask simply because it rubs you the wrong way.

And the truth is, brain-dead tactics and players do exist. There's nothing wrong with saying it, and losing to it early on is something a lot of people have gone through. Before you can learn to beat the smart players who are thinking about everything they do, you have to learn to beat the guys who keep throwing the same thing out with no kind of intelligence or thought process behind it. You're flying off the handle about something that's not nearly as bad as you're making it out to be.

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yeah, but while you may have a library in your head of what you believe to be acceptable lexicon for creating a thread title, not everyone is going to agree. There are plenty of people who come here with very little experience, and they're going to express their issues the best way they know how.

It'd be different if you're criticizing a veteran player who has been around the forums for years, but you're referring to someone who's been a member for quite literally less than a month and is making one of his first threads. He had no way of knowing and he's sharing his issues with his own personal way of describing them.

I get that you don't agree with the wording, but that's no cause to overlook what he's trying to ask simply because it rubs you the wrong way.

And the truth is, brain-dead tactics and players do exist. There's nothing wrong with saying it, and losing to it early on is something a lot of people have gone through. Before you can learn to beat the smart players who are thinking about everything they do, you have to learn to beat the guys who keep throwing the same thing out with no kind of intelligence or thought process behind it. His wording was plenty accurate for what he's trying to say.
None of what you are saying provides a valid reason not to change the title to something that would actually help the member in question rather than hurt him.
My opinion of the vernacular needed to make a good topic name may be irrelevant, but the fact of how people perceive the title and thus judge the contents is raw fact that even you can't deny.

Is his content matching his wording? I'd suppose so, but is his wording providing a proper meaning to his content? The answer is no.
Overlooking what he has to say isn't the problem, its what he is showing people. Posts are literally saying "I came in here expecting ____" and that in itself is a problem.
That means that whatever he was trying to say, and what he is actually saying, are two different things.

And veteran player or not, no one is above criticism when it comes to common sense. Sorry to be the mean guy here, but he deserves every response he gets in this topic that mocks him.
He made the topic in a way that opened him to unfair criticism, and he reaped what he sowed. I'm asking you, as an admin, to change the topic to something just more constructive.
Your choice to disagree despite what has transpired makes me wonder if perhaps you have a sadistic sense of humor, or if its simply because I'm the one asking.

Either way, things won't get better like this. I'm fine with sitting back and watching a perfectly good potential topic burn in front of me.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
How do I deal with scorpion spammers? I fought one person who hell fire, d2, spear when I jump. I fought another one who spammed the teleport and every time I go for a punish it whiffs.

Every time I go on player match I fight bmashers, so I never learn anything from players or match ups. The hype for this game needs to die....

How do I deal with the bullshit guys? How do I get prepare for the bull shit spammers that I am not used to seeing?

Is there a place on the forums I can find good people to play/learn with?
This post is incoherent dribble, what are you even asking? The only specific questions you asked, the answer lies within training mode. No one here can do the work for you.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Add me on PSN: IronLung6920. I'm an above average player and will try to help you when I'm on.

Also, attacking people who don't know what they're doing is pretty shitty for the community and some of you should be ashamed of yourself. Not everyone's life revolves around video games and going to tournaments.

We all had to start somewhere and I don't care how stupid his post appears to you, it's pretty shitty treating him like dirt.

Seems that it's the new influx of members here being assholes to the guy with some long timers stiring the pot

Fighting games aren't as easy as FPS games to get into or easy to be decent/good at. Give the guy a break, for the communities sake.

While I think Inferno Scorpion is heavily overrated, neither of these things are true, unless the Scorp player just flat out doesnt grasp frame data.
Granted I am speaking from a heavily online-influenced perspective. I seem to be able to react to the overhead divekick things because of the way his arm moves. That said, I understand that match pressure changes that fact and thats why I said you'll probably eat a few of them. I also recall seeing a KJ armour through a vortex reset (again, online, which is what the OP was having trouble with..). Apologies if its false info but I was recalling my XP in this matchup.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
It wasn't and I shouldn't have typed it. It was more thinking and just typing my initial thoughts.

Its definitely what I think though. I'm not the best, but I don't make excuses. What makes games fun for me is progressively figuring things out.

If I can't beat someone, I never think to disparage them. I give them props - and they're genuine - because I am genuinely impressed.

How do I deal with "Brain-Dead Spammers" ? --> That question would never even cross my mind to ask. It just breathes of entitlement.