What's new

Question How do I beat killer frost?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Are you Lyuben on xbl. I'm sure I just had this conversation with him lol
Mash d1 after you block slide, it may beat her d1 i dont know the frame data
Everyone's d1 beats Frost's d1 after a blocked slide. Batgirl (who has the slowest d1 at 8 frames) beats Killer Frost's because she is at -4 after the blocked slide. KF can however, just block the d1 (but bane can armour grab through it if he reads the Frost sitting in block. It really is all a matter of prediction.

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
Well-timed b.1 x double punch beats slide on wakeup. d.1 x double punch, d.2 x double punch, and even d.2 x command grab all beat slide on wake up if timed properly. Also, if you can predict the wake up, jumping backwards into j.d.3 will set you up for an easy combo if she wakes up with slide.

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
Killer Frost is, imo, one of our better matchups concerning the top tier characters in this game. d.2 x command grab or d.2 double punch will be your best friend at any point in the matchup because it will dissuade her from jumping and airdashing, and if you stay in on her you can bully her with armor far easier than most of the other top tier characters.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
No one ever tags me in. :(
Charge will beat slide as long as you trigger charge as she is waking up, not meaty. If her waking up is 0, start charge at 0.
Outside of that, any of your armored attacks will beat slide by the same merit.
Jump back splash beats slide. MB f.3/b.3 mini-stall beats slide.
Jump back 3 into combo beats slide for about 40%. So does jump back 2 for about 37%.

Most everything works once you know the timing, and its a timing you have to use specifically for her. However, everything we have barring the obvious ring toss will beat slide on wake-up. If she wakes up with daggers to counter it, daggers have no wake-up invuln so make her eat a meaty b.23 combo for free. Or a double punch.

The only time you should be having trouble is if you are a full screen away on batcave/watchtower and she is throwing daggers on the right side. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you aside from pick a character with less execution requirement if you can't handle Bane.

Crouch under daggers. Dash after the ground ice spear. She'll build a lot of meter, but it doesn't matter anyway. Once you're in, watch for the slide. Block then d1 xx double punch. Always assume on the first knockdown that the opponent is going to wake up slide. So you have a couple options at this point. First, you can slightly delay an armored command grab. She'll hit your armor and you'll grab though. This also works with double punch or venom upper. I just prefer command grab. You can also full combo punish a slide by dashing on top of her to bait the slide. You will then jump back body press which will hit her at the end of her slide leading to our b23 combo.

Most KF players are going to be conditioned to wake up with that slide, so you should get 2-3 of these situations before they stop. Some people never stop doing it like morons. If that's the case, easy win. If they do wise up and start changing it up with only occasional slides, it's a bit more difficult. Any time you go to lvl 3 venom, make sure your using a special to stuff her wakeups. People will use MB b3 on you once you've stuffed their go to attack so many times. Always take advantage of the armor breaking properties of lvl 3. Don't put yourself at risk by going for a combo starter when you've got it.

Baneby

Noob
Crouch under daggers. Dash after the ground ice spear. She'll build a lot of meter, but it doesn't matter anyway. Once you're in, watch for the slide. Block then d1 xx double punch. Always assume on the first knockdown that the opponent is going to wake up slide. So you have a couple options at this point. First, you can slightly delay an armored command grab. She'll hit your armor and you'll grab though. This also works with double punch or venom upper. I just prefer command grab. You can also full combo punish a slide by dashing on top of her to bait the slide. You will then jump back body press which will hit her at the end of her slide leading to our b23 combo.

Most KF players are going to be conditioned to wake up with that slide, so you should get 2-3 of these situations before they stop. Some people never stop doing it like morons. If that's the case, easy win. If they do wise up and start changing it up with only occasional slides, it's a bit more difficult. Any time you go to lvl 3 venom, make sure your using a special to stuff her wakeups. People will use MB b3 on you once you've stuffed their go to attack so many times. Always take advantage of the armor breaking properties of lvl 3. Don't put yourself at risk by going for a combo starter when you've got it.

Can you react with MB B3?

Lets say I charge someone with say ... level 1 venom. I see them do MB B3 and hold it in anticipation, can I bump up to 3 to get em?

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
yes dis nigga serious foo you have a character with a full screen armored move and specials that do the same % as a small bnb and you're asking how to beat kf whose only overhead is 19 frames and -5 on block? i wish my character could do that so i could beat everyone who presses buttons and stay safe while i do it. is YOU serious.

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
Everyone's d1 beats Frost's d1 after a blocked slide. Batgirl (who has the slowest d1 at 8 frames) beats Killer Frost's because she is at -4 after the blocked slide. KF can however, just block the d1 (but bane can armour grab through it if he reads the Frost sitting in block. It really is all a matter of prediction.
Nightwing escrima has a 9f d1 I believe

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
If you read wakeup slide, jump back 2 into full combo.

If you have venom, just practice timing your command grab as she gets up and it will beat slide every time. Frost has a very difficult time getting off the ground against Bane/Grundy due to their armor.

Armored Body Press can beat it if timed right. You need to do it late. Like right before she wakes up. But you will grab her out of her recovery if you timed it right.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
yes dis nigga serious foo you have a character with a full screen armored move and specials that do the same % as a small bnb and you're asking how to beat kf whose only overhead is 19 frames and -5 on block? i wish my character could do that so i could beat everyone who presses buttons and stay safe while i do it. is YOU serious.
You must be one of the following:

a) Theorycrafting-Mentioning things that should work, or that you haven't tested yet, but fail to see how it would be different from anticipated.
b) Not playing a good, nay, a half decent Killer Frost who will remind you that a character that is known to have 50/50 resests is known to have them for a reason: they're 50/50. 50/50 isn't low low, as I'm sure you've noticed. Trait canceling did no damage, but was nerfed. This give you an idea of how powerful it made her?
c) Trolling
d) Lucky
e)Testing my patience.

'Killer Frost has no overheads'....good one.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
You must be one of the following:

a) Theorycrafting-Mentioning things that should work, or that you haven't tested yet, but fail to see how it would be different from anticipated.
b) Not playing a good, nay, a half decent Killer Frost who will remind you that a character that is known to have 50/50 resests is known to have them for a reason: they're 50/50. 50/50 isn't low low, as I'm sure you've noticed. Trait canceling did no damage, but was nerfed. This give you an idea of how powerful it made her?
c) Trolling
d) Lucky
e)Testing my patience.

'Killer Frost has no overheads'....good one.
blah blah blah. if you're done insulting me we can get back to helping the guy who wants help with a matchup.

anyways op just op just picked up kf so i'll let you know what happens if i ever fight any banes.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
blah blah blah. if you're done insulting me we can get back to helping the guy who wants help with a matchup.

anyways op just op just picked up kf so i'll let you know what happens if i ever fight any banes.
Didn't mean insult by it, just to show how I felt the statement was absurd.

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
Can you react with MB B3?

Lets say I charge someone with say ... level 1 venom. I see them do MB B3 and hold it in anticipation, can I bump up to 3 to get em?
No. If you are already charging as Bane, pumping up to 3 while he's running won't give you the armor breaking properties.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Just armor charge her slide on wakeup. Delay it a bit and it beats her every time. KF's wakeup isn't that good.