What's new

Question How do I beat killer frost?

Baneby

Noob
I don't normally post on fan forum sites but I really need advice.

Basically, on wake up her black ice beats body press even if I have venom of any level on.
Black ice also beats double punch too on wake up.

So I can't do anything. I just have to block low or let her piss off and throw more daggers at me.

Baneby

Noob
the charge when using venom beats her slide. You also have to body splash alot. But honestly...bane sucks

The charge doesn't beat on wake up. The slide does damage but the charge stops.

Also body splash has a very bad hitbox on the way down so slide has priority in most cases because by the time Bane is at her low hitbox, he stops bodypressing and becomes helpless.

Baneby

Noob
You are supposed to block low or jump back 2 when you see the wake up slide or even MB b3. Trust me, I'm a killer frost player

The timing on the jump 2 is a bit hard to define. How do I time it? Early? Late? If I do it late she might catch on.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
If they are constantly waking up with slide and you want to use b/f3 you have to armor it AND delay it a touch so the armor eats the slide and she eats the attack. Both versions will hit her that way if timed correctly. Also cmd grab and double punch will beat slide on venom. It's all about when you do the move so that the armor takes the hit. To soon or too late and you will take a slide. Try it in practice mode, it works. Slide does beat charge on any venom level though which is dumb. Once you make KF respect you on her wake up and stop sliding it gets easier.

Baneby

Noob
If they are constantly waking up with slide and you want to use b/f3 you have to armor it AND delay it a touch so the armor eats the slide and she eats the attack. Both versions will hit her that way if timed correctly. Also cmd grab and double punch will beat slide on venom. It's all about when you do the move so that the armor takes the hit. To soon or too late and you will take a slide. Try it in practice mode, it works. Slide does beat charge on any venom level though which is dumb. Once you make KF respect you on her wake up and stop sliding it gets easier.

But why would she stop? In order to stop it, you need good timing for what? 20% body press? 33% B3 combo?

If I fuck up she gets a vortex and even more damage than I could do.

I'll try to learn the timings but it seems a pretty hopeless cause. Slide needs to be unsafe or stop being so fucking good at wake up.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
But why would she stop? In order to stop it, you need good timing for what? 20% body press? 33% B3 combo?

I'll try to learn the timings but it seems a pretty hopeless cause. Slide needs to be unsafe or stop being so fucking good at wake up.
Are you Lyuben on xbl. I'm sure I just had this conversation with him lol
Mash d1 after you block slide, it may beat her d1 i dont know the frame data

Baneby

Noob
I don't think you can do anything after a body press involving a jump actually. She moves too far for anything to hit...

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Ok, so after 15 seconds testing, mb b3 works. and im sure more things can counter it but im not gonna bother.... seriously did you even go in practise mode to test it? Yeah it doesnt work if you dont time it right.....but lol if you cant time this right.....

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters

The timing isn't that tough. If they have half a brain they will stop as the damage adds up quickly, especially on venom. That's what Bane is about, abuse it. Max damage combo's are cool and all but you take far more risk going for them. Doing over 20%+ on one move a few times in a row is no joke. Use your trait when you land b/f3 and watch the damage rise significantly. Also we outdamage her with trait but also suffer the consequences if we fail to do so.

Baneby

Noob
Ok, so after 15 seconds testing, mb b3 works. and im sure more things can counter it but im not gonna bother.... seriously did you even go in practise mode to test it? Yeah it doesnt work if you dont time it right.....but lol if you cant time this right.....

Yes it works if you hold it. Now if she wakes up with daggers, you're fucked.

The best setup vs KF on her wakeup is a crossup jumpin if she slides you can probably hit her recovery with something.

If she blocks you should frame trap into a high or low mixup.

Baneby

Noob
aight im done

I have no idea why you are being so antagonistic.

I didn't start the thread in the hope of finding one possible way to counter one scenario. You don't fight characters based on one scenario. Its like learning how to get out of F23 breath and calling it a day when learning the superman match up.

You need to learn the entire way to play the match up, and so far it seems hopelessly bad for Bane who can fairly reliably use his venom and command throw on 90% of the cast but for some reason isn't allowed to on Killer Frost.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
You ask what to do against her slide on wake up, you didnt even test out if mb b3/f3 could counter it when i replied.
So then after i bothered to go in practise and test if mb b3 really couldnt counter it like u said, but to my suprise you could.
Instead you change it to OMG WHAT I DO IF SHE DOES DAGGERS INSTEAD??

I dont know but ytou need to get off your lazy ass and test shit yourself or just do the effort to look in the bane thread, but no you make a thread yourself, ppl responded but you simply ignore the advice...

So yeah maybe im antagonistic. i dont even know what that means lol