What's new

Question - Acidic How can people defend Acidic's OPnes?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Johnny for example, he's good and could possibly be top 5 for me, but his playstyle it's basically a mindgame where you need to condition your opponent, its a fundamental based gameplan and he wins by punishing bad decisions from the opponent...

although he can be a clusterfuck cause of his forceballs + d4

it's not like mileena where she low (sai) profiles all projectiles in the game to guarantee you a b12 into another b12, 35% combos into a restand, an overhead amoured launcher and b1 AAs as well, plus telekick for a free way in against zoning with a really good zoning of her own.
She doesnt low sai under all projectiles in the game, low sai doesn't guarantee a b12, and b12 doesnt guarantee you another b12 on hit or on block.

I agree that A-List is not braindead though. He requires conditioning more than he does 50/50s/

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Johnny for example, he's good and could possibly be top 5 for me, but his playstyle it's basically a mindgame where you need to condition your opponent, its a fundamental based gameplan and he wins by punishing bad decisions from the opponent...

although he can be a clusterfuck cause of his forceballs + d4

it's not like mileena where she low (sai) profiles all projectiles in the game to guarantee you a b12 into another b12, 35% combos into a restand, an overhead amoured launcher and b1 AAs as well, plus telekick for a free way in against zoning with a really good zoning of her own.
I'll give you props for the funny post...

but:

1) low sai is punishable
2) B12 into B12 is not a thing lol, it doesnt work at high level, or maybe it works against ppl who dont know how to deal with it
3) yeah, she has a reastand, but you actually dont have to hold anything after it, unless it's in the corner where she can get a b1 check
4) OH armored launcher that is punishable by everyone
5) Telekick is punishable on block
6) her zoning is super good

I'm not arguing about Mileena vs Cage lol, that's why i think both are arguably top 5... but Cage has some dumb stuff that Mileena doesnt have

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
I'll give you props for the funny post...

but:

1) low sai is punishable
2) B12 into B12 is not a thing lol, it doesnt work at high level, or maybe it works against ppl who dont know how to deal with it
3) yeah, she has a reastand, but you actually dont have to hold anything after it, unless it's in the corner where she can get a b1 check
4) OH armored launcher that is punishable by everyone
5) Telekick is punishable on block
6) her zoning is super good

I'm not arguing about Mileena vs Cage lol, that's why i think both are arguably top 5... but Cage has some dumb stuff that Mileena doesnt have
It wasn't serious lol. Just a little point that a lot of top characters have solid tools at their disposal; I could of done that with 10 characters.

Low sai is punishable same as most projectiles non Ex - Doesn't change how potent it is.
And b12 into b12 is a thing, I can show you alot of tournaments where it is used. Also b1 into throw is also pretty legit.
Its still a restand and does more damage meterless in general.
I was talking about it being used in your context as a reversal punish. I mean its overhead so it kinda should be punishable (sub slide), gotta keep things canon.
Telekick is punishable on block, but I mentioned it as counterzoning tool where you can punish from full screen over their projectile, not as a random use of it.
Mileena is super good (as is cage).

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
So, if Acidic is #1 - is Piercing #2 and A-List #3 or is A-List #2 and Piercing #3?

To simplify, who is #2 - A-List JC or Piercing Mileena?

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
So, if Acidic is #1 - is Piercing #2 and A-List #3 or is A-List #2 and Piercing #3?

To simplify, who is #2 - A-List JC or Piercing Mileena?
in my PERSONAL OPINION

1.Demolition
2.Piercing
3.A List
4.Shirai Ryu
5.Swarm Queen

Reactions: GAV

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
It wasn't serious lol. Just a little point that a lot of top characters have solid tools at their disposal; I could of done that with 10 characters.

Low sai is punishable same as most projectiles non Ex - Doesn't change how potent it is.
And b12 into b12 is a thing, I can show you alot of tournaments where it is used. Also b1 into throw is also pretty legit.
Its still a restand and does more damage meterless in general.
I was talking about it being used in your context as a reversal punish. I mean its overhead so it kinda should be punishable (sub slide), gotta keep things canon.
Telekick is punishable on block, but I mentioned it as counterzoning tool where you can punish from full screen over their projectile, not as a random use of it.
Mileena is super good (as is cage).
Blocked B12 into B12 is only a thing if people don't know the MU. You can backdash, njp, low profile it with pokes, and even armor if its fast enough or a low armor move. On hit you can run cancel and it will jail into another b12 on block so if thats what you are talking about then you're right, I just didn't get that from your original post.

Mileena's top 5 for sure but misinformation is misinformation.

I forgot this was an acid alien thread lol.

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
Thats just too much. We might as well make all of the good specials In MKX deal self damage. Maybe lao's hat could fly off during spin so you cant use it for the round. Why is everyone so eager to nerf and kill alien rather than learning how to deal with him? I agree with maybe making the stack damage less, maybe instead of .5 ticks on the 2nd acid blood maybe doing .3 but I really don't think we need to completely kill another one of his varations yet. Most of his strings are either really slow, unsafe, or both. He does have a relatively hard time dealing with zoning and he isnt too great against pressure characters. Instead of asking for a nerf look at his weaknesses and find a way to exploit them.
Hell naw, F/T takes 5% per PnG stack, so thats 15% you need to give up in order to get max damage. And if you get tagged during the armour frames that can easily get up to 30%