What's new

How can I beat high level players, I can't even beat the AI

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
I could be wrong, but you seem to spend more time in the lab then you do playing people.
Thats actually true but only because I'm trying to make my execution flawless. I don't wanna chance dropping a combo in high level situation. Plus I've been trying to hammer down the B12 D1 and testing it on everyone.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Seriously, how do I expect to represent Lobo in a high level tournament if I can't even beat the AI I play this game almost all the time and am still having issues with this. I read a guide written by AK Juggs and one of the tips was to not let your emotions get the better of you, but still this is infuriating! Also realistically how well can I learn match-ups playing all you guys online the lag effects my execution and reaction time. I don't know what kind of FGC is in Vegas but I digress. Any of you have tips to beat the very hard AI difficulty?

MIT, DJT, Flawedzilla, those guys are all top players living in Vegas. If you're there, I suggest you get hold of them and start practicing.

How do you get better? Play. Play some more. Play until you hate the game. Play until you hate yourself for playing. And then keep playing.

Thats actually true but only because I'm trying to make my execution flawless. I don't wanna chance dropping a combo in high level situation. Plus I've been trying to hammer down the B12 D1 and testing it on everyone.

We've played a bit and I think you should worry less on "tech" and combo execution and more on matchups and playing experience.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Oh I knew about DJT

Then find him, contact him, get some casuals in.

I started playing fighting games competitively at the launch of Injustice.

2 weeks later I move from the East coast to the West coast.

The very week I landed in NorCal, WoundCowboy gave me the invite to run some casuals.

If you want to play at a high level, you need to get yourself out there in your local scene. Very few Online Warriors get far.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
Then find him, contact him, get some casuals in.

I started playing fighting games competitively at the launch of Injustice.

2 weeks later I move from the East coast to the West coast.

The very week I landed in NorCal, WoundCowboy gave me the invite to run some casuals.

If you want to play at a high level, you need to get yourself out there in your local scene. Very few Online Warriors get far.
I havent the slightest idea on how to contact him..... :oops:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
They say Smash experts can 1v3 level 9 pink luigis, and those guys are impossible.
The thing about Smash AI (at least in Brawl) is that it's programmed to adopt human patterns and learn. My brother plays pikachu and loves uses down B all the time so when I play the pikachu AI, what do I get but a bunch of down B repeatedly. You can train your Luigi to be really good, (mine does jab canceled up Bs :() but it's not intrinsically good.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
You have absolutely no need to worry about how well you do against the A.I. There's a distinct difference between the A.I. and a human player.

1) An A.I. is a computer entity that will usually be one step ahead of you in terms of button inputs. There's very little you can do about this.

2) A human player has varying styles and will do all he can to pick yours apart unless you change it up as well. The real game of chess begins there.

Online will have its shares of lag, but personally I would prefer facing human players in ANY condition (minus the scrubs) than bother with a boring-ass A.I. And this is coming from someone who's eventually going to post videos of him playing Classic Battle, LOL.

Doesnt that mean its possible for us to do as well? I noticed when my brother was playing Lobo on very hard he used GL's string thats a low into an overhead and it was interrupted by Lobo's 113

Just as GodsLonelyman said, the game is not that level yet, but it definitely could. Kind of like how MBDC(meter burn dash cancel) and bounce cancel haven't been used much either, but I feel they'll evolve into the meta game more as time goes on.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Seriously, how do I expect to represent Lobo in a high level tournament if I can't even beat the AI I play this game almost all the time and am still having issues with this. I read a guide written by AK Juggs and one of the tips was to not let your emotions get the better of you, but still this is infuriating! Also realistically how well can I learn match-ups playing all you guys online the lag effects my execution and reaction time. I don't know what kind of FGC is in Vegas but I digress. Any of you have tips to beat the very hard AI difficulty?
The AI reacts with inhuman speed to your button presses, so playing the way you normally do will never work. I have done battle runs on very hard with two of my characters and the only way I was able to get through them(I should add that each took over 150 loses to finish completely)was by using only positive uninterpretable strings and by tricking the computers reaction with meter burned moves. While beating the AI on very hard will only marginally help you against a live opponent, it will be extremely helpful in learning to incorporate meter burned b3/f3 into your game. I would say you can learn the MU's pretty well online, it can all be done preemptively for lag(shit man, half read-half reaction is law), you just also need to be able to execute those things offline as it is two different rhythms.

But for the beating the AI on very hard..dont make mistakes, and use meter to meter burn a b3/f3 because it WILL catch them.

Red Venom, yes indeed we are in Vegas, and another player in our offline scene definitely is something we want (since our scene isn't too big anyways). You can PM me on here, and i'll see how I can help you out.