What's new

How can I beat high level players, I can't even beat the AI

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
Seriously, how do I expect to represent Lobo in a high level tournament if I can't even beat the AI I play this game almost all the time and am still having issues with this. I read a guide written by AK Juggs and one of the tips was to not let your emotions get the better of you, but still this is infuriating! Also realistically how well can I learn match-ups playing all you guys online the lag effects my execution and reaction time. I don't know what kind of FGC is in Vegas but I digress. Any of you have tips to beat the very hard AI difficulty?

redeyes

Button Masher
AI reads ur inputs dawg. relax

stop focusing on that and play real players. online isnt too bad at all man

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
I already knew that, it should be easy mode for me but I still can't beat it. In MK9 I ran expert mode all day everyday.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Playing the AI is only good for training your muscle memory when trying out a new character. But not too much since you'll start doing bad habits.

I already knew that, it should be easy mode for me but I still can't beat it. In MK9 I ran expert mode all day everyday.
MK9 expert is a joke it can't even defend against pressure.

Button Reading. God why button reading. If you want proof, go to practice and set the AI. Do one move then reset. I bet you on Very Hard 9/10 times it will do something that counters you. Then reset it and do nothing. Bet you that AI takes a second before it moves

EDIT: In Injustice, if you're playing a lower tier character vs any character with decent zoning. Zoning, this game, button reading, interactable. GG. No re-

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
Not to mention I'm a bit of a completionist trying to do every battle and can't beat survivor even though I can make it to the very last opponent. Fraggin' irritating I tell you....

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
yeah even Lobo actually seems really good when the AI is using him. It's like fighting a psychic, they counter everything you are doing while you are pressing it.

You can't play mind games with the AI, which are an essential part of playing a human. The AI should only really be used for reactions, punishes, and conversions.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
Everyone think about this does KDZ seem like he would lose to the AI on very hard? I didn't think so...

Chris G gets bopped by the AI. Also, I would imagine the best way to go about beating high level players is by actually playing them. There's plenty on here that would help you out I'm sure.

I play against the AI on very hard and can beat it easily. Am I a godlike player? Hell no, far from it. The A.I on very hard reads your inputs, it reacts to your button presses. It has patterns that can be exploited. The only thing the A.I on very hard will do for you is make your defense solid and reaction times better, as well as execution. The reaction times and execution is just due to practice, but the A.I on very hard is guaranteed to make your defense better for sure. You won't gain much matchup experience or anything significant for that matter, since the A.I doesn;t play or react like a normal human. Online is better for overall matchup experience but still bad. Alot of the stuff that works online might not work offline and vice versa. The best you can do if you have no offline scene is just do a combination of A.I, Online, and training mode. Just record the A.I to do specific setups and see how you can counter said setup and so forth.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
I play against the AI on very hard and can beat it easily. Am I a godlike player? Hell no, far from it. The A.I on very hard reads your inputs, it reacts to your button presses. It has patterns that can be exploited. The only thing the A.I on very hard will do for you is make your defense solid and reaction times better, as well as execution. The reaction times and execution is just due to practice, but the A.I on very hard is guaranteed to make your defense better for sure. You won't gain much matchup experience or anything significant for that matter, since the A.I doesn;t play or react like a normal human. Online is better for overall matchup experience but still bad. Alot of the stuff that works online might not work offline and vice versa. The best you can do if you have no offline scene is just do a combination of A.I, Online, and training mode. Just record the A.I to do specific setups and see how you can counter said setup and so forth.
Will do until I can make it out to a tourney it looks like i'm continuing the same grind I was already doing, go into practice brush up on execution then take it online.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Interesting. Right before Injustice came out I could play ladder mode on MK9 on VERY HARD with Sub-Zero & baby everyone except Shang because for some reason I couldn't find out how to do it. I've never been in a tournament. I'm not a Great player. The A.I. should be used for practicing your defense, and making your reaction times quicker. In Injustice I can only beat VERY HARD with my main Batman. Superman in Battles is bullshit, but he's not a human. You'll only get better by playing human players. Practice mode. Practice setups. Play the CPU. Play Humans.

Will do until I can make it out to a tourney it looks like i'm continuing the same grind I was already doing, go into practice brush up on execution then take it online.
I have a ton of tips on how to beat the ai on very hard if you ever need any. Heres a fun one: Do a single battle, pick deathstroke as your character and pick the A.I as any gadget non power character. Pick the joker or arkham asylum as your stage. Start walking back until you're at the wall. The A.I will just walk with you and when it reaches the flower, it will use it to open up the spray mist. Shoot the ai with your high guns while it presses. stand still and wait for the poision mist to end. continue standing still and watch the a.i press it again LOL. It will keep doing this all match. It's programmed to keep mashing that flower for some odd reason. Just keep punishing when it does it. Presto, now you're a god like player LOL.

Almost forgot another hilarious one. As batman, whenever you face doomsday, when he traits up, wait for him to come to you. Do 11,11,11,11,11,11 indefinitely until his trait runs out. He won't block or try to counter you. he just stands there getting hit with 11,11,11 repeatedly.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
AI reads your inputs, hell in the demo the AI was interrupting STRINGS for goodness sakes lol.
Doesnt that mean its possible for us to do as well? I noticed when my brother was playing Lobo on very hard he used GL's string thats a low into an overhead and it was interrupted by Lobo's 113

Doesnt that mean its possible for us to do as well? I noticed when my brother was playing Lobo on very hard he used GL's string thats a low into an overhead and it was interrupted by Lobo's 113
Yea thats exactly what it means. Alot of strings in this game have holes, it's just that we as players have not reached that level yet where we can intterrupt stuff on reaction, but that time will come in the future, and alot of matchup numbers will probably slightly change.