What's new

Hot Take: The Krypt is a Money Grab and a Time Waister.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
what is it like 5 mil to unlock all coin chests and probably 20k souls. honestly with character towers and gauntlets you might as well fight, save your shit, open everything in the krypt at once if it sickens you that much

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Ive spent over 5mill, but 3mill was shrine donation 4 skins...other stuff is ex... Thats 5 mill in 2 weeks btw...ez money
I mean how much real money did you spend lol. If it’s a money grab and all... I get his point, he just wants a fighting game. I like the krypt and seeing mk 1 stages in a 3D space. I want a Mortal Kombat game in all its goofy glory.

Honestly it feels like it was designed around microtransactions but they pulled the option at the last minute. The grind is designed to sell currency, true. But there was no way to buy the currency... I saw article after article, review after review complaining about microtransactions that didn’t exist. Their 6000 dollars in microtransactions lol. Cash grab man! Nah it was artificial time extender and ridiculously difficult. It’s fixed completely though after a few weeks...

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
I mean how much real money did you spend lol. If it’s a money grab and all... I get his point, he just wants a fighting game. I like the krypt and seeing mk 1 stages in a 3D space. I want a Mortal Kombat game in all its goofy glory.

Honestly it feels like it was designed around microtransactions but they pulled the option at the last minute. The grind is designed to sell currency, true. But there was no way to buy the currency... I saw article after article, review after review complaining about microtransactions that didn’t exist. Their 6000 dollars in microtransactions lol. Cash grab man! Nah it was artificial time extender and ridiculously difficult. It’s fixed completely though after a few weeks...
I spent 25$ on Rdr2 micros....but that was pay2win...this is not pay2win, so i might invest more honestly...

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I spent 25$ on Rdr2 micros....but that was pay2win...this is not pay2win, so i might invest more honestly...
There is no way to buy currency for the krypt, so you couldn’t even if you wanted to. That’s what makes the reviews so bizarre. The only thing you can buy is time crystals to use in the “store” that changes 5 items every 24 hours. I haven’t seen a single Shao Kahn item in the store yet lol. It’s all garbage so I have like 4K time crystals just by playing normally lol. If you have spent that much koin then I know you have more than I do.

Syd Barrett Lives

Italian Psychopath
Money grab? No, unless they start selling coins/hearts/shards which at this point is impossible.
Time waste? Absolutely, that's what it's designed for. To keep players invested for a very long time by keeping them engaged with grinding and RNGs. Like it or not that was the whole point.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
It might not be as bad as OP said, but the Krypt was randomized to entice people to buy skins and gear when they show up on the store. It's the same with the towers that show up randomly.

And there's also the permanent online thing...

Edit: And I even forgot that only P1 gets access to everything. Although, that's probably another topic.

Primativ

Noob
After the update this game is pretty much perfect. I have 1.5 million koins and all I did was towers, it's definitely not a grind anymore

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Game gives u time crystals 4 free too, so u dont have to buy with money even...2000 free in 2 weeks 1000 spent!

Game gives u time crystals 4 free too, so u dont have to buy with money even...2000 free in 2 weeks 1000 spent!
Yup. Complete all the tutorials, level up, do the gauntlets and open the Scorpion chests in the Krypt and you'll have more than enough time crystals to buy the odd skin on the main screen if you choose to.

I’d also point out, I think they showed us all the skins upfront so there’s no endless hunt. If you find your favorite skin early you don’t gave to wonder what else is out there

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
It might not be as bad as OP said, but the Krypt was randomized to entice people to buy skins and gear when they show up on the store. It's the same with the towers that show up randomly.

And there's also the permanent online thing...

Edit: And I even forgot that only P1 gets access to everything. Although, that's probably another topic.
also only buy ToT gear and skins...krypt can be grinded ez.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Its definitely not a cash grab, but I do feel they could make the time Crystal's more useful, as of right now, I've barely used the ones I got just from leveling. I'd prefer it if we could just get items with the TCs straight from the Kustomization menu, that way I could get the Fire God Liu Kang skin with the stress of the gauntlet.

Its definitely not a cash grab, but I do feel they could make the time Crystal's more useful, as of right now, I've barely used the ones I got just from leveling. I'd prefer it if we could just get items with the TCs straight from the Kustomization menu, that way I could get the Fire God Liu Kang skin with the stress of the gauntlet.
Fire God Liu Kang is just Mileena in the bandages. It's kind of nice to work toward something. Even then there's a lot of the Gauntlet your AI can do if you really want.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Fire God Liu Kang is just Mileena in the bandages. It's kind of nice to work toward something. Even then there's a lot of the Gauntlet your AI can do if you really want.
I'm stuck at the towers where you must win with Brutalities. I tried doing the one with Skarlet and nearly broke my controller trying to deal with that bs blood rain modifier. I even used the Mod that's supposed to give you immunity to Blood effects, but it wasn't working against the rain.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
I'm stuck at the towers where you must win with Brutalities. I tried doing the one with Skarlet and nearly broke my controller trying to deal with that bs blood rain modifier. I even used the Mod that's supposed to give you immunity to Blood effects, but it wasn't working against the rain.
Im waiting for patch...and augment....and collecting consumables...char towers aint going anywhere. so Ill wait until I have all free ez stuff already.

That one is pretty tough I'll give you that. You have to make a beeline for the "puddle" on the floor and occupy the real estate as much as humanly possible. Spam projectiles. Use health related konsumables to punch your life back up if you get pushed out. Also consider using "Orb of the Dragon King". It gives you a Fatal Blow outright and you can get a second one when you drop to 30%. Also, blood related konsumables of your own are pretty good. "Severed Head", "Ball of Coagulated Blood" and "Plasma Infused Death Rocket" in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.