What's new

Hot Take: The Krypt is a Money Grab and a Time Waister.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
I'm a simple man. I bought a fighting game because I want to fight. I also detest lootbox systems and microtransactions. I feel like this krypt design says "either you pay real money, or you spend hours getting what you want." This is a way for them to make you pay real money while also saying it isn't required. You already spend $60 for base or $100 for premium, and next up their will be more DLC...

Am I just an out of touch old man, or is this shit getting ridiculous to anybody else?

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
LOL, except you can't actually buy everything in the krypt. In fact, you can't buy the vast majority of stuff (brutalities, consumables, etc.) that is in the krypt.
So . . . yeah. . . it's not a "money grab"

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
After paying the koins and hearts/souls or whatever to go through my chosen character's tower, the grind hasn't felt nearly as bad to be honest. Instead of having the Noob or Liu Kang AI grind for me, I've been practicing combinations, krushing blow combos, and so forth while collecting the mercies, brutalities and whatnot I need in order to progress and unlock more customization options for my characters in the towers of time.

While doing that, getting flawless victories and using konsumables to make fights even easier and go by faster, I've been getting enough koin to unlock a majority of the chests in the krypt.

My major gripe isn't so much the grind now.... It's the fact that a majority of the skins are actually just different shaders for the same skins or even 'alternate' colors... I.E basically half the skins are simply the P2 alternate colors you could EASILY access by pressing start when you select your variation. I find that tidbit kind of annoying. I want to unlock legit actual skins, not color reskins... especially alternate reskins for skins I already technically have.

I also wish I could choose or view the end of round taunts my characters use. There's a lot of them, and some of the ones I've seen are kind of lame compared to others.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
I'm a simple man. I bought a fighting game because I want to fight. I also detest lootbox systems and microtransactions. I feel like this krypt design says "either you pay real money, or you spend hours getting what you want." This is a way for them to make you pay real money while also saying it isn't required. You already spend $60 for base or $100 for premium, and next up their will be more DLC...

Am I just an out of touch old man, or is this shit getting ridiculous to anybody else?
Spending money on a game doesnt mean you will enjoy playing it...I already have a lot of sick skins...and MVC2 grind was way worse imo...different stroke i guess...I like a challenge....go play smash bros or dbzf....lots of fighting games for noobz....Im top 3% on ps4 ToT btw

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Do SOME research before you say shit that’s not true. You can’t get ANYTHING from the krypt through micro-t. it’s meant to be grindy it’s literally one of the ways they are atleast trying to keep the game alive for awhile. Granted I agree It may not be the best and only solution but the same ppl bitching about the grind are the same ones crying that “tHe nRs gAmE dOesNt lAst 2 yEArS”.. I mean atleast they are trying. But spewing shit that isn’t true is not gonna accomplish anything either.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Do SOME research before you say shit that’s not true. You can’t get ANYTHING from the krypt through micro-t. it’s meant to be grindy it’s literally one of the ways they are atleast trying to keep the game alive for awhile. Granted I agree It may not be the best and only solution but the same ppl bitching about the grind are the same ones crying that “tHe nRs gAmE dOesNt lAst 2 yEArS”.. I mean atleast they are trying. But spewing shit that isn’t true is not gonna accomplish anything either.
He could do something constructive like git gud at dbzf or wait for persona rumble. skin are ez in those games, OR just play SMASH and buy amibos! all you need is amibos in smash!

Yeah max skins you can buy with time crystals is like 5 a day...so still gotta PLAY the game you bought. cause whining wont get you anywhere until mk11 makes amiibos probly sry...not sry.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
You know there's an entirely independent game outside of the krypt where you can just fight?
Its okay He is probly just venting, I personally dont like gear grinding, but even this is optional, and doesnt impact p2p at all...wait till u get a skin u been wanting for days...nothing beats THAT RUSH I GET from knowing not evn NRS will stop my KOLLECTION!

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Seriously Ive been grinding for 2 weeks for armor for Geras so I dont have to look at a male stripper in mk11...Ill pay real money for that 1...spent 3 million koins already...no geras skin yet :(

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Also koins are ez to get, summon money tower pop 2x reward konsumable. Pick Jax, get 250000 koins

I am so fucking sick of seeing this copy and paste bullshit from weebs who hang out on Reddit.

THERE IS NOTHING PREVENTING YOU FROM "JUST FIGHTING". IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO "WAIST TIME" IN THE KRYPT, THEN DON'T.

It sounds more like you haven't even played the actual fucking game and are just parroting other morons, because if you had you would figure out suuuuper quickly that there are practically no microtransactions in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.