What's new

Homelander General Discussion

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Can someone who plays homelander help me with punishing him? Specifically, im trying to find a way to punish string xx fly xx jump kick xx diabolical dash xx kick (on block). Frame data says he is -8 on block after the diabolical dash into kick but I cant punish it with mileena's s1 (which is 7 frames startup). Only thing I can do is stand block and eat another jump kick into another diabolical dash kick until he either tries something else or catches me trying to do something. Cant even upblock between the jump kick into diabolical dash kick.

CanoCano

Noob
Can someone who plays homelander help me with punishing him? Specifically, im trying to find a way to punish string xx fly xx jump kick xx diabolical dash xx kick (on block). Frame data says he is -8 on block after the diabolical dash into kick but I cant punish it with mileena's s1 (which is 7 frames startup). Only thing I can do is stand block and eat another jump kick into another diabolical dash kick until he either tries something else or catches me trying to do something. Cant even upblock between the jump kick into diabolical dash kick.
Yeah that's a bug, Diabolical Dash 4 has higher block advantage when canceled into than when it's done on its own, generally your best choice is to hold it cause he'll float over you after 3 or 4 reps

Is anyone getting mileage out of raw b3 or the parry? B3 I've only gotten raw once after fishing for highs to duck; otherwise, I'd have to make a list which moves are punishable enough to be hit by a 20 frame high on block (an obnoxious amount of moves leave the opponent low to the ground or in the air but that's for another time). The parry is a similar case where I'm not sure what I should try parrying, such as with Kitana or Shao weapons, and I only see it used in cyrax corner setups.

What kameos are guys using with him? The primary one seems to be Janet since she gives him combo extensions off guessing games and enders. Cyrax gives him similar ender extensions and corner bomb setups. Sareena for easy hit confirms and meter drain. I think scorpion was used to test combo extensions but he got supplanted by Janet. I've been using Sektor for uprocket pressure on knock down and full screen presence, including if they have some projectile shield. Speaking of, I met one guy use sub-zero for The only other one I've considered is Jax to do similar things as to what Omni-man players do (hover over ground pound to dash in for a full combo whether they jump or eat the unblockable). It would be funny to use Kano for a third Eye laser but that's about it.

CanoCano

Noob
Is anyone getting mileage out of raw b3 or the parry? B3 I've only gotten raw once after fishing for highs to duck; otherwise, I'd have to make a list which moves are punishable enough to be hit by a 20 frame high on block (an obnoxious amount of moves leave the opponent low to the ground or in the air but that's for another time). The parry is a similar case where I'm not sure what I should try parrying, such as with Kitana or Shao weapons, and I only see it used in cyrax corner setups.

What kameos are guys using with him? The primary one seems to be Janet since she gives him combo extensions off guessing games and enders. Cyrax gives him similar ender extensions and corner bomb setups. Sareena for easy hit confirms and meter drain. I think scorpion was used to test combo extensions but he got supplanted by Janet. I've been using Sektor for uprocket pressure on knock down and full screen presence, including if they have some projectile shield. Speaking of, I met one guy use sub-zero for The only other one I've considered is Jax to do similar things as to what Omni-man players do (hover over ground pound to dash in for a full combo whether they jump or eat the unblockable). It would be funny to use Kano for a third Eye laser but that's about it.
Iirc the last patch notes have a list of all the moves he can parry, or at least some of them so that could help with the Kitana and Shao stuff
Raw B3 could work against some launcher moves that get used in pressure like Baraka's B31, Johnny's B3 and Lao's B24