What's new

Holy Sh*T!!! Mortal Kombat 8 = MK vs. DC???

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
ÐarkMoon said:
I doubt trmk.coms "sources" are reliable.

Imagine something like

2 QCF + 2punches = 50hit Subzero Ice Beam Super

What a joke.

MKT2 please.

EDIT: also if this was true, that means that every single projectile and move in MK would have to have a voice because VS games thinks its so cool. You know Shield Slash!! Web Throw! Hadoken!!

Ice Throw! Acid Spit! Force Ball! Telekenetic Slam!!! Saw Spin!!!

roffle.

Actually, a lot of his news updates have been indeed true prior...but nothing is definite. I posted about this in the general also before dreemer told me about this here.

MK8 Boon hinted months ago that it would be something nobody expected and the engine is obviously getting a revamp. He also said it would be darker, more gruesome and serious.

Now, DC comics can be dark also with Batman, Death of Superman etc so this is interesting IMO. However, what about the fatalities and darkness, then there's storyline...granted Vogel is awesome for Midway and I'm sure if say he and DC writers teamed up they could make something hot and creative.

I think this is awesome news personally but I know some will probably disagree, personally if Marvel vs. Capcom worked why not MK vs. DC? I mean think about it, everyone had this rumor of MK vs. SF or MK vs. KI or something but DC vs. MK? Now that's interesting because Marvel took on Capcom(SF characters) so why not MK taking on DC characters.

Personally, some day I'd love to see a DC vs. Marvel fighter also but MK vs. DC is interesting at least to me anyway since I like both series. It's only a rumor anyway for now so nothing is definite.

Honestly, I don't think this is any more "silly" then Marvel vs. Capcom.

Wolverine vs. Ryu?

Ken vs. Hulk?

These match ups are no more stupid or sense worthy then Batman vs. Stryker...

DC has a great lineup, believe me I follow lots of DC and the JL owns.

Superman vs. Raiden is a hell of a lot better match up then Ryu vs. The Hulk....I mean..really

Or GL vs. Quan-Chi is an interesting match up.

Kabal vs. Flash, ok don't care what anyone says this match up is sick..

Dr. Fate vs. Shang Tsung, come on magic vs. sorcery, how is this not cool?

:wink:

Well, my only real concern for this is storyline and M rating...other then those two things if MVC can work, then so can DC vs MK

And ftr, the previous MK's aren't as bad as some make it seem for those saying they're horrible...they're not that bad, just have to give them a chance and play against good players like you do in UMK3 8)

But honestly, I like this idea if it falls thru whatever either way I'm looking forward to a new kind of MK in MK8 despite wheather it's a crossover or not. :twisted:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
lol maybe Earthquake HIDES the corner, because he does.

When the announcer would say "Crush" as in Demolition Crush, it sounded like "Acklock".

Those sound effects are STILL to this day regularly used in inside jokes with my friends, especially "Mr. Perfect..droooopkick." Sad that Crush, Perfect, and Quake are all dead.

Rain Drop, Rain Drop, Lightning Bolt, Super Duper Roundhouse!, Super Duper Roundhouse!, Super Duper Roundhouse!, Super Duper Roundhouse!, Flawless Victory, Fatality!

Tim Static

Adminerator
ÐarkMoon said:
Rain Drop, Rain Drop, Lightning Bolt, Super Duper Roundhouse!, Super Duper Roundhouse!, Super Duper Roundhouse!, Super Duper Roundhouse!, Flawless Victory, Fatality!
HAHAHA!!!!

Pretty Pink Rings! Pretty Pink Rings! Upwards Bicycle Kick! Sexy Leg grab!

That wouldnt be a good idea. There should never be a MK VS anything. MK is a game that should stay to itself just like tekken or VF. IF they want to do a vs the only game that it would mix in with properly is one of their old games,Killer instincts. But to think of it,we don't know how the new fighting engine Ed Boon spoke about would work so, we'll see.

MKF30

Nahh, it's not the worst idea...besides Marvel vs. Capcom worked so can MK vs. DC, the only thing as I said earlier that won't work is the violence, storyline and fatalities especially(with violence)

I imagine playing as Mileena now

QCFQCF HP+LP

"TRY THESE ON FOR SIZE!"

"SAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROW
SAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROW
SAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROW
SAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROW"

FATAL COMBO FINISH!

Tim Static

Adminerator
LOL.....

MK vs DC is a terrible idea. The ONLY other fighting "franchise" that could remotely work is KI. Otherwise, MK vs anything would be dumb....unless they go back to 2-D, digitalized actors, based on the arcade experience.

MKF30

If they did this 2D it can easily work, and KI sucks...that series has been beyond dead...

Tim Static

Adminerator
MKF30 said:
If they did this 2D it can easily work, and KI sucks...that series has been beyond dead...
I love DC comics and I obvisiously love MK, but come on dude, some good thins just dont mix.

Green Lantern & Superman are my most favorite comiic book characters, but MK is MK. And MK is in its own world.

Compy386 said:
I imagine playing as Mileena now

QCFQCF HP+LP

"TRY THESE ON FOR SIZE!"

"SAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROW
SAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROW
SAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROWSAITHROW"

FATAL COMBO FINISH!
Imagine playing with Kano...

"MEGA OPTIC BLAST!!!!!!!"

a giant red beam will come out of ONE EYE!!!!

MKF30

Tim Static said:
MKF30 said:
I love DC comics and I obvisiously love MK, but come on dude, some good thins just dont mix.

Green Lantern & Superman are my most favorite comiic book characters, but MK is MK. And MK is in its own world.
I totally see what you're saying believe me, I LOVE the JL and DC owns IMO much more then Marvel does just to give you an idea of how much I like DC.

I just think the concept is an interesting one, I mean my main concerns would be 2D or 3D engine, storyline very important IMO how exactly would both universes crossover.. and the violence factor. This would obviously have to be tweaked due to DC.

And yeah man I love superman, smallville rocks man.

Personally though I was always curious about Superman vs. Raiden, both are gods more or less. Raiden is a god, Superman might as well be one.

I know most don't want to see it but say it does happen, there are a few match ups that i'm curious about for sure.

As far as some odd match ups though, I'll admit that however the same could easily be said about MVC with Hulk vs. ken? or something :lol:

Chances are this is a big rumor to keep MK/DC fans talking to keep up entertained...

Pretty sure they can do whatever they want just please make it better than all the 3d mk games, PLEASE! When it comes to 3d fighters mk is pretty low on the list of games I'll pick up and play.