What's new

High Level Shang 'Bang' Tsung Gameplay

Danno

Noob
lol Thanks!.. After Evo, I would be glad to show you guys all of the tactics I personally use.

@ Sao - Try not give too much info away lol :)
Spill it! We would love to hear strats an info to make some good shang players out of us lol. I want to be able to play him =(

Mr. Rager

Mr. IhaveacrushonBi-Han
Mind= Blown. I thought the Shang Tsungs at EVO were sick... this guy is just unfair. Rape. I love it<3

Ballin' is one of the BEst if not THE best Shang Tsung i've seen so far!

Very enjoyable to watch! Great pressure and reactions!

I wish Ballin would give me a training camp on Tsung. or even do a video guide on traps, what to do and what not to do with Tsung. Tsung is one of those characters that I've always wanted to learn, and the old man costume is just too badass. Must learn old tsung!

Danno

Noob
I wish Ballin would give me a training camp on Tsung. or even do a video guide on traps, what to do and what not to do with Tsung. Tsung is one of those characters that I've always wanted to learn, and the old man costume is just too badass. Must learn old tsung!
I'm with ya. I am very eager to learn anything I can about Shang. I follow all the major websites and the one thing I have learned is that there isnt a lot out there for help. I think its primarily because not a lot of people play shang so its hard to carry on lengthy conversations about gamestyle.

Im not blaming Ballin for being quiet all the time, Im sure the guy is super busy perfecting his own game and real life stuff.

I went on youtube and downloaded all Alex Valle and DetroitBallin related Shang videos. Basically I just watch them over and over again to pick up techniques. hehe

I dont think Valle is on these forums so we dont have a lot of high knowledge players to help us out

Being one of the hardest players to master (or even play at a higher level), I can see why people are scared to try him. There are much easier characters to pick up and be good at in the game, and those are the forums that are booming.

Last night I got so frustrated I said I was going to sell my arcade stick and MK cause people that would easy for me to beat with other characters were handling me. (yes Im salty lol) I personally am about 2 weeks into Shang training and I know I wasnt this bad 2 weeks into any other characte3r I picked up. I hope it will get better!

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
Well I'm not a Tsung master, but if there's something I really wanna do that's keeping them in the corner. Those corner combos are sick, meterless and leave you in a nice position to keep on the pressure (and build some meter).
Tsung can't zone unzoneable characters like raiden(no1 can), but all that works for me on these kind of characters (and basically everyone) is approach to my enemy and if near go with low pokes or d3,d4, then go 2,2,1 close (they usually block) mid ground skull and when they block restart with either f4,3,4 (that's what alex and detroit ballin usually go for). Instead of f4,3,4 you can go with f3,4 or b1,2,1,3. When blocked, always go for ground skull (sometimes it'll hit, but if it doesn't it still builds meter, so..). I guess I don't have to tell you that if your strings hit you should full combo them, with the ender of your choice.

If they decide to stay away, you have the right to use fireballs, ground skull and up skulls to your choice. If you zone with regular fireballs and your oponent likes to jump, go with a ground skull next time and continue the combo. If he likes to jump and get close, try with up skull (has a good tracking) or up skull(in front). If he decides to stay away always and blocks everything, he's an idiot and will soon realize you're building meter and that he's eatin too much chip damage, which will lead him to get closer.
All in all, you have to learn shang's combos (fullscreen, midscreen, close to corner and corner) and see what's best for you. If you don't like morphin (or can't) you can end with an upskull to keep them positiooned where you want them to be. Those upskulls are a great tool. So yeah, go get those combos inputs and practice practice practice in the lab. Learn all of shang strings since they're all useful (at least in my eyes) and great for mixup.

Cheers.

I'm with ya. I am very eager to learn anything I can about Shang. I follow all the major websites and the one thing I have learned is that there isnt a lot out there for help. I think its primarily because not a lot of people play shang so its hard to carry on lengthy conversations about gamestyle.

Im not blaming Ballin for being quiet all the time, Im sure the guy is super busy perfecting his own game and real life stuff.

I went on youtube and downloaded all Alex Valle and DetroitBallin related Shang videos. Basically I just watch them over and over again to pick up techniques. hehe

I dont think Valle is on these forums so we dont have a lot of high knowledge players to help us out

Being one of the hardest players to master (or even play at a higher level), I can see why people are scared to try him. There are much easier characters to pick up and be good at in the game, and those are the forums that are booming.

Last night I got so frustrated I said I was going to sell my arcade stick and MK cause people that would easy for me to beat with other characters were handling me. (yes Im salty lol) I personally am about 2 weeks into Shang training and I know I wasnt this bad 2 weeks into any other characte3r I picked up. I hope it will get better!

Haha I feel you. I've been trying to learn him for a day, some matches i'll get some decent combos, use detroits corner pressure tactic, and win. Most games I get destroyed by scrubs. It really makes me salty as hell. The worst is they'll beat my ass for 3 matches till i get so salty i start throwing the controller that I switch to a character I can play. I beat them once and they run for the hills. Amazing how they can beat on you, but once you show what you are really made of they jet. Gamers are way to soft.