What's new

Hey TYM! Looking for char advice and nice people

Narestel

Noob
Hello there everybody!

I’m somewhat new to fighting videogames, so first time I played MKX I didn’t even know I could chain combos and I just ended up using a special move or a single combo indicated in the move list at a time, hahaha. In order to level up to 50 in all factions, I picked Tremor as my main, since I saw he had a nice FXP bonus and I liked his playstyle vs medium AI as well.

The few times I’ve played casual online games, I’ve got like 0 or 1% winning odds against almost everyone in the chat room, except for several players that seem to be even newer to fighting games than I am and the odds are on me. The point is, playing casual against average players in the room (not even against the ones with zounds of victories), I usually find myself getting hit in a pseudo-infinite combo string jailed in a corner without being able to counter attack or even successfully block most of the time.

That situation made me start surfing the web -since I knew I couldn’t improve on my own- and, after spending some hours reading and interpreting what it was total gibberish to me at the beginning (starting with the naming convention for buttons, combos, cancels, etc.), now I’m doing some light (yet newbie) combos with Tremor beyond the in-game move list, like f121 bf4, or 12d3 114.

Since that’s a very basic approach yet, I guess the next step would be to interpret (I still have some issues trying to guess what everything means, not only for the language barrier, but specially for the gaming chatter) and train the lists of combo strings posted all over this forum for a particular character, in addition to studying and training newbie guides like one about Kano that somebody recommended to another newcomer a while ago. Any additional suggestions are more than welcome, of course!

I also read that this community is very welcoming to newbies and that it’s a great place to meet people to play with and learn from, so I wanted to jump in too if you don’t mind. :) I play on PC, Western Europe. My Steam ID is: https://steamcommunity.com/id/narestel

By the way, before starting to study a specific character, I’d like to ask your recommendation on what character(s) I could main more easily in order to be a little competent on casual online games (e.g. easier-to-perform pressure combo strings jailing to the corner, harder to be blocked, easier to block/counter the opponent, etc.). Some characters that I liked at a first/newbie glance are Kenshi (but I read that he might be slow against pressure), Sub-Zero, Raiden (though I read he suffers a lot from low), Liu Kang (I read that it’s difficult to counter his spam) or Tremor, but I’m open to any suggestions.

Thank you very much in advance and have a nice day!

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Hello there everybody!

I’m somewhat new to fighting videogames, so first time I played MKX I didn’t even know I could chain combos and I just ended up using a special move or a single combo indicated in the move list at a time, hahaha. In order to level up to 50 in all factions, I picked Tremor as my main, since I saw he had a nice FXP bonus and I liked his playstyle vs medium AI as well.

The few times I’ve played casual online games, I’ve got like 0 or 1% winning odds against almost everyone in the chat room, except for several players that seem to be even newer to fighting games than I am and the odds are on me. The point is, playing casual against average players in the room (not even against the ones with zounds of victories), I usually find myself getting hit in a pseudo-infinite combo string jailed in a corner without being able to counter attack or even successfully block most of the time.

That situation made me start surfing the web -since I knew I couldn’t improve on my own- and, after spending some hours reading and interpreting what it was total gibberish to me at the beginning (starting with the naming convention for buttons, combos, cancels, etc.), now I’m doing some light (yet newbie) combos with Tremor beyond the in-game move list, like f121 bf4, or 12d3 114.

Since that’s a very basic approach yet, I guess the next step would be to interpret (I still have some issues trying to guess what everything means, not only for the language barrier, but specially for the gaming chatter) and train the lists of combo strings posted all over this forum for a particular character, in addition to studying and training newbie guides like one about Kano that somebody recommended to another newcomer a while ago. Any additional suggestions are more than welcome, of course!

I also read that this community is very welcoming to newbies and that it’s a great place to meet people to play with and learn from, so I wanted to jump in too if you don’t mind. :) I play on PC, Western Europe. My Steam ID is: https://steamcommunity.com/id/narestel

By the way, before starting to study a specific character, I’d like to ask your recommendation on what character(s) I could main more easily in order to be a little competent on casual online games (e.g. easier-to-perform pressure combo strings jailing to the corner, harder to be blocked, easier to block/counter the opponent, etc.). Some characters that I liked at a first/newbie glance are Kenshi (but I read that he might be slow against pressure), Sub-Zero, Raiden (though I read he suffers a lot from low), Liu Kang (I read that it’s difficult to counter his spam) or Tremor, but I’m open to any suggestions.

Thank you very much in advance and have a nice day!
HI!..Main whoever the fuck you want,there are non visible tiers that exist in the Game but anyone besides high tech Jacqui and unstoppable Jason can win the day with A lot of work put in seriously and with online these pseudo unblockables must be due to the lag that exists in the background and basically vein of online only a few characters actually have those,my take is just keep playing with who you like, visit the forums of that particular character, it's not like the person with a thousand wins got them over night and for God's sakes DO not PICK UP JAX...have fun with the game

Narestel

Noob
@GLoRToR: Thanks for the advice and for your offering, you're so kind! I wouldn't mind sticking to Tremor, hehe. And sorry for the wrong word (I meant something like 'pressure', but no appropriate word came to me :D). See you in-game!

@Kingshootahz: Ok, I thought there was a character tier list or something like a list of the hardest characters to block and such at least. Ah, Jax... classic!

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
hola, welcome aboard. I've learned 6 or 7 characters now and I found Jason the easiest to pick up and play competently in a short period of time. Granted, he was the last character I learned so all the experience I've had picking up the others may have helped there, so ymmv. Good luck and enjoy the game. :)

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'd start with scorpion. When I was newer I always had trouble with zoning characters and ex teleport was really good to have in case you run into a scrubby full auto player.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
You won't drop combos and you'll get easy big damage with Slasher Jason, though he is low tier.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
tremor is honestly not that hard execution wise. if you want to see some high level tremor play for reference check out djt's gameplay. you can also take a look at the tremor sub forum for some optimal combos and good pressure options. I recommend you learn how to read frame data as it will help you out in the long run when learning match ups. check out this thread if you want to learn frame data http://testyourmight.com/threads/how-to-read-understand-and-calculate-frame-data-in-mkx.49708/