What's new

Hey guys, I'm new and I have one little question..

Can someone give me a very short description of some of the terms used on this site? First of all, I don't know what the buttons "1,2,3,4" map to when people are describing kombos. Also, there are some other terms being thrown around that make me think "whaa?". I bet there is a thread describing these basics so please go easy on me and don't call me too much of a noob!

Anyways, besides this stupid question, I hope to learn a lot from this site and eventually be able to help others down the road.

Thanks!

TWZTID

Noob
welcome to the site

the number reflects the button to press
for psn, xbox
1=square, X
2=triangle, Y
3=X, A
4=O, B

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
1=Front punch
2=Back Punch
3=Front Kick
4=Back Kick

BLK=Block

AA=Anti-Air
BnB=Bread and Butter

There's more depending on which ones you mean :)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Welcome to TYM.

1 = :fp (X/Square)
2 = :bp (Y/Triangle)
3 = :fk (A/X)
4 = :bk (B/O)

Think of the buttons on a controller. Now think of X+Y on the 360 controller or Square+Triangle as the "top" buttons. From left to right, 1 then 2. Now do the same for the other two. 3 for A/X and 4 for B/O.

Awesome, thank you so much guys! I wish people would just use those little pictures, but I can see how that could become a hassle!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Awesome, thank you so much guys! I wish people would just use those little pictures, but I can see how that could become a hassle!
It's not that hard actually, people are just lazy. All you have to do is ": fp" with no space. Very simple and easy!