What's new

General/Other Here are the buffs Green Arrow needs.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
what about if green arrows trait worked like ares??? all ice/electric/fire arrows are available (by using their respective trait loading inputs) but when used they cant be used again until its cooldown has worn off...ice arrow having the longest electric still having 2 available before cooldown and fire having 3 before cooldown
no, his trait issue can be easily solved by reducing the recovery time by several frames, so it will make a huge difference actually, than the way it is now, where to set up an arrow, or you drop damage, or you finish with savage blast and reload it, but will put you full screen. which is putting in disadvantage against stronger zoning characters on stages where you can't really stay away for long.

Wtf are his problems that people keep crying about!!!!? Even REO says he gots probs but doesn't state a god damn thing! I fucking hate your community!!!!
GA stays until someone tells me wtf there problems are with him

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Wtf are his problems that people keep crying about!!!!? Even REO says he gots probs but doesn't state a god damn thing! I fucking hate your community!!!!
GA stays until someone tells me wtf there problems are with him
Random rambling to try and answer your question:

I guess its sort of hard to quantify. But he seems to have issues against characters who can zone him out. He is sort of an all or nothing type character that has to do all of his work off knock downs and set ups. Hes great for snowballing if you make a few good reads otherwise hes limited to stuff that the opponents can beat they just choose not to.

Chris G's success with Green Arrow primarily has to do with the fact that nobody knows the match up.

Shazam is like this too. Hes great until people understand the match up and then these characters start to fall short because they rely on pressuring you while knocked down to keep things going.

His strings don't feel very purposeful. I find myself using only j3 and f2d13 when I use him with the occasional b23 if I can get away with it. I guess he feels like you have to prime all of your offense with his godlike j3.

The more I'm trying to explain all this the more I come up with solutions to my problems in my head. I think at the end of the day hes just a more reaction heavy type character and players will need to work for their wins. Which is the source of most complaints I presume. People think other characters win matches with ease and thats just not fair! Patch in skill for me please!

I love green arrow but I think the only time you will see me pull him out in a tournament is to catch someone off guard. If I'm down in the set and I dont think my main character will win. That being said, you will never see me use him against black adam, green lantern, superman, etc because I view it as too much of a liability. I need to feel like you cant keep me out and that your playstyle isn't very YOLO heavy to choose him because he sort of relies on his opponent clamming up.

no, his trait issue can be easily solved by reducing the recovery time by several frames, so it will make a huge difference actually, than the way it is now, where to set up an arrow, or you drop damage, or you finish with savage blast and reload it, but will put you full screen. which is putting in disadvantage against stronger zoning characters on stages where you can't really stay away for long.
Exactly my thoughts.

Guys, i exactly feel the same about this, after having a little bit of experience, using him since 2 weeks. Its really odd projectiles can still hit you, after you use down arrow. And its also quite a lot of work for making a good combo without an ice or electroc arrow ( I think near to impossible, at least in online mod). These things keep him too busy imo, so indeed start up frames for loading an arrow should be reduced so he is not going to get punished all the time for his basic game. Fortherest I wish he would have had some super armor, for example on wake up attacks. Otherwise I think, he really lacks compensation.

Guys, i exactly feel the same about this, after having a little bit of experience, using him since 2 weeks. Its really odd projectiles can still hit you, after you use down arrow. And its also quite a lot of work for making a good combo without an ice or electroc arrow ( I think near to impossible, at least in online mod). These things keep him too busy imo, so indeed start up frames for loading an arrow should be reduced so he is not going to get punished all the time for his basic game. Fortherest I wish he would have had some super armor, for example on wake up attacks. Otherwise I think, he really lacks compensation.
Hate to rain on your parade but Green Arrow will be getting nerfed again in the next patch. I suggest you drop this character, NRS has a grudge against him and won't stop until he's out holding a need food sign with bane.

Oh well...

I've already had a good enough look down the path this game is headed to conclude that it isn't worth a shred of my time to play... Not even casually/occasionally.

I'm going back to Blazblue.

Stay in the fucking dark, NRS.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Hate to rain on your parade but Green Arrow will be getting nerfed again in the next patch. I suggest you drop this character, NRS has a grudge against him and won't stop until he's out holding a need food sign with bane.
lol dude you gotta calm down,

I would love to see how other people are playing arrow, because I am finding him to be really good these days. you can't get stuck in the mind set of only trying to get an Ice arrow hit, he has many other options and stratagies.

Man.. sounds bad. What is getting nerfed then? And btw, why nobody writes about his ice arrow reset? Is it so bad (F2d1 ice arrow, end combo with 223 load arrow, follow up with f2d13 and shoot ice arrow, load ice arrow, f2d1 ice arrow etc etc, all kind of mix ups possible) or not good enough that know one really is pointing at it?

Man.. sounds bad. What is getting nerfed then? And btw, why nobody writes about his ice arrow reset? Is it so bad (F2d1 ice arrow, end combo with 223 load arrow, follow up with f2d13 and shoot ice arrow, load ice arrow, f2d1 ice arrow etc etc, all kind of mix ups possible) or not good enough that know one really is pointing at it?
The cancel advantage. The super will be escapable now after a blocked f2d13 or b13 so it's no longer guaranteed. What I'm wondering is why they didn;t fix the hitbox on his low arrows. When you shoot a low arrow when zoning, high projectiles still hit you. He's ducking, so that makes no sense. His hitbox should be low and high projectiles should miss.

Vagrant

Noob
1. Increase damage of normal arrows by 1%.
2. Slightly increase the travel speed of normal arrows.
3. Slightly increase the travel speed of fire arrows.
4. Increase the damage of fire arrows by 1%.
5. Reduce the start up of f2 by 3 or 4 frames.
6. Reduce the time it takes to load an arrow by a few frames.
7. Adjust the hitbox on his standing 1... The move is garbage in its current state.
8. Make Stinger meter burnable at any time, like his other specials.

I don't think any of this is asking for too much... Do you?

Get..

....the fuck....

..out of here......

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Get..

....the fuck....

..out of here......

I agree that all of that would be a little too much, but it doesn't quite deserve the comment you just posted lol. Why do you feel so strongly that this would be way too much? Also, what are your thoughts on my list:

Should be fixed:
-standing 1 hitting after landing a j.2 (this whiffs a lot)
-savage blast hitting all standing opponents (whiffs on a few female characters)
-super hitting characters in the corner every time (some times it will whiff in the corner)

Suggestions:
-slightly less recovery on load arrow
-1% more damage on normal arrows
-More chip damage on electric arrows
-low arrow shouldn't make GA's hurt box bigger so he gets hit by crouchable projectiles
-Slightly less damage scaling after freezing the opponent

Vagrant

Noob
Suggestions:
-slightly less recovery on load arrow
-1% more damage on normal arrows
-More chip damage on electric arrows
-low arrow shouldn't make GA's hurt box bigger so he gets hit by crouchable projectiles
-Slightly less damage scaling after freezing the opponent

- No
-Fine
- Maybe
- Maybe
- Leaning towards no

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Its come up a couple times in this thread, and I agree with it.

The one thing about GA i have always disliked is if he does a low arrow, it raises his hitbox and he gets blown up by crouchable projectiles. Ive never understood that.

SimSim

- No
-Fine
- Maybe
- Maybe
- Leaning towards no

We just got confirmed (If the source is reliable) that "-low arrow shouldn't make GA's hurt box bigger so he gets hit by crouchable projectiles" is being implemented.

I strongly feel that less damage scaling after freeze would make sense since GA's mid screen damage is pretty poor, but I can see why you say straight "No" to the recovery buff on load. I did say slightly however, so I think it could be implemented without being too good, and let GA load arrows without getting punished for it.

We just got confirmed (If the source is reliable) that "-low arrow shouldn't make GA's hurt box bigger so he gets hit by crouchable projectiles" is being implemented.

I strongly feel that less damage scaling after freeze would make sense since GA's mid screen damage is pretty poor, but I can see why you say straight "No" to the recovery buff on load. I did say slightly however, so I think it could be implemented without being too good, and let GA load arrows without getting punished for it.
The only buff I feel he needs is the less recovery on loading arrows, everything else I feel is unnecessary. The reason for me is because loading arrows is punishable in alot of matchups and thats not good, seeing as how this characters gameplan relies on the trait.

I honestly like alot about GA. granted im not "super" into this game to where i know frame data but the only "buff" i would like to see GA with is a little bit quicker on his loading the arrows. I dont like that 9 times out of 10 im loading my arrows, so im forced to take damage AND sometimes the arrows wont load. Im fine with taking the damage, just make it to where i actually get my arrows lol

I honestly like alot about GA. granted im not "super" into this game to where i know frame data but the only "buff" i would like to see GA with is a little bit quicker on his loading the arrows. I dont like that 9 times out of 10 im loading my arrows, so im forced to take damage AND sometimes the arrows wont load. Im fine with taking the damage, just make it to where i actually get my arrows lol

Actually, I think most EX zone projectiles, you have to respect, like BA, but for example, after an UNenhanced projectile, you get the time for loading an arrow, you will only take a little chip damage, then you have to respect the zoning again and voila, get your pressure with an ice arrow, or better (because faster), a fire arrow.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
i think anyone that is asking for GA buffs are complete trash and should go play tetris. that character has won 2 majors. lol at this thread. u all suck
Haha, Chris G has got to be hated by the entire GA community. They will never get buffs.

SimSim

i think anyone that is asking for GA buffs are complete trash and should go play tetris. that character has won 2 majors. lol at this thread. u all suck
I talked a lot with Chris and he thinks GA needs some slight buffs as well, but what does he know.. He is trash

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
You clearly have a higher understanding of the character. Please enlighten us.
What tools do you think GA has against which characters that make him top tier. Please tell us.
Because randomly posting a comment, based on what ChrisG golden boy does, without any knowledge of the character or his match ups, would made you look like a complete tool. And you're not a tool, you totally wouldn't be in sites like MKServerTrash.com or anything like that.

Matthew Shultz
Highlights of PLAYING TO W1N

• One of the biggest cry-baby whiners in the community
  • Scrub mentality, not beyond cheating when he is behind
  • Banned from MKC temporarily
  • Unlikeable online and offline
  • Weak player who got most of his wins using highest tier, broken characters on a poor Internet connection