What's new

General/Other Here are the buffs Green Arrow needs.

It's simple logistics that shows he's lacking in a few areas.

And everyone's biggest complaints about him, most people are extremely uninformed.

You can't base ONE PLAYER, as a means for nerfing/buffing.

You have to look at the options available.

In Super smash brothers Melee, Peach was considered Mid-tier. not gonna win any majors but definitely strong enough to make it pretty far in bracket.

Armada came along and raped everyone with Peach. Melee doesn't have patches guys. People LOOKED at her tools and dubbed her mid-tier. Just because ONE GUY can win a few national touranments, doesn't mean the character is 100% fine. Obviously she isn't a trash character, but she's lacking if only 1 guy is being that successful.

Pikachu was low tier, and bumped up to mid-tier a decade after the game was already out. People need to stop basing buffs/nerfs off of touranment RESULTS. high level players tend to KNOW more about their character and how to play them.

But at this point int he game cycle, lets be real here. Everyone is PLAYING their character, and not playing the matchup yet. We are to an extent, but everyone is still falling for escapable things.

Paul ignore the trolls that roll in here. If they really disagree with you they'd talk game mechanics. But all they have is "Chris G won so...."

Green Arrow wins a major = Still shit

Death Stroke gets Top 4 = still OP needs moar narfs

At this point it'd be insulting to Slips.

I don't think Death Stroke should be getting Nerfs, who's asking for them at this point?

I think they happened, and people are just stating he isn't "low tier" which doesn't mean they are 100% fine with it.

Seriously... I wish they would just leave the game alone (outside of bugs) for a good year, then come back and do a patch. (Maybe a patch for some EXTREMELY avoided characters because of how everyone believes their bad "like bane"

Green Arrow wins a major = Still shit

Death Stroke gets Top 4 = still OP needs moar narfs

At this point it'd be insulting to Slips.
Apparently you cannot comprehend the fact that neither Deathstroke nor Green Arrow did the winning, it was the players playing them. Deathstrokes nerfs did hurt him alot, and No one has said Green Arrow is shit. Apart from lacking brain cells, you apparently lack reading comprehension. Green Arrow is a solid character but has big flaws that prevent him from competing against the top characters. And before you go herp derp and say "but he has resets bro", check out the thread I made so you can see and read how they can be escaped.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Apparently you cannot comprehend the fact that neither Deathstroke nor Green Arrow did the winning, it was the players playing them. Deathstrokes nerfs did hurt him alot, and No one has said Green Arrow is shit. Apart from lacking brain cells, you apparently lack reading comprehension. Green Arrow is a solid character but has big flaws that prevent him from competing against the top characters. And before you go herp derp and say "but he has resets bro", check out the thread I made so you can see and read how they can be escaped.

The exact same thing could be said about Deathstroke but I don't see you defending him.

Replace the reset with the Vortexes and your thread with the Ninja Vortex thread with its new update due our further testing of it.

The exact same thing could be said about Deathstroke but I don't see you defending him.

Replace the reset with the Vortexes and your thread with the Ninja Vortex thread with its new update due our further testing of it.
I don't care about deathstroke because I don't main the character. I don't go around sticking my nose where it doesn't belong in character forums that I haven't fully explored.

Instead of trolling, why don't you state why Green Arrow is amazing. We have already made countless posts on whats wrong with him, refute what you think about what we have said with facts.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I don't care about deathstroke because I don't main the character. I don't go around sticking my nose where it doesn't belong in character forums that I haven't fully explored.

Instead of trolling, why don't you state why Green Arrow is amazing. We have already made countless posts on whats wrong with him, refute what you think about what we have said with facts.

Because I don't know Green Arrow, and only referring to tournament results. Just like the ignorants who do the same to Deathstroke and are pulling the Aris and Slips card without knowing what the fuck they're talking about.

As I said on my first post, it's insulting to Slips.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Love all the people commenting here that don't even a) play with green arrow b) know the match up.

BlackBryan got into a top 8 in a major with Kano, he must be top 10!!

Seriously guys, I'm pretty sure I can body the shit out of 90% of you, but that doesn't mean he's top tier. He has issues, and if you know the MU it becomes hard as fuck to get anything going, so please, just stfu with the Chris G stuff (also, he was bodying people who had no idea how to play the MU).

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Yea I don't even think we should argue that Chris G played GA so well that he won because he is a great player. He played the game and countered the players so well that he won (He did not even utilize everything GA has when it comes to damage potential, setups etc). The main reason I think he won was because of strong fighting game skills in general, but most of all, because of inexperience with GA from most other players.

Edit: Just to add to my point: Chris G wins a major, but can't even get top 8 at his local tournament in New York..

I'd be happy with just increased damage to normal arrows and make the start up of firing his arrows a bit faster. make d1 arrow shot uninterruptable for the most part.(only cause I don't want to work hard. :p)

SimSim

This is what I talked to Chris G about (A lot of it I took from OP) and that he agreed on:

Should be fixed:
-standing 1 hitting after landing a j.2 (this whiffs a lot)
-savage blast hitting all standing opponents (whiffs on a few female characters)
-super hitting characters in the corner every time (some times it will whiff in the corner)

Suggestions:
-slightly less recovery on load arrow
-1% more damage on normal arrows
-More chip damage on electric arrows
-low arrow shouldn't make GA's hurt box bigger so he gets hit by crouchable projectiles
-Slightly less damage scaling after freezing the opponent

Chris G also added this:
"I think his special moves in general are pretty pathetic And his trait being arrow.... So he doesn't gain meter"
"I just wish he gained a little more meter"

I agree but shouldn't the arrow with more chip damage be the fire arrow since it is his main zoning arrow. Also since his electric arrows give 50/50s from full screen, why can't fire arrows also do it. And what Chris G said, that was one of my main concerns with GA in the beginning. I would say "how is GA going to build meter consistently," but his specials turned out to be pretty pathetic so I didn't care after all. But I do agree with everything else, especially being able to duck high projectiles with low arrows.

SimSim

I agree but shouldn't the arrow with more chip damage be the fire arrow since it is his main zoning arrow. Also since his electric arrows give 50/50s from full screen, why can't fire arrows also do it. And what Chris G said, that was one of my main concerns with GA in the beginning. I would say "how is GA going to build meter consistently," but his specials turned out to be pretty pathetic so I didn't care after all. But I do agree with everything else, especially being able to duck high projectiles with low arrows.

I would not call a (estimate) 40 frame high/low from full screen a 50/50 (It also is very easy to react to someone jumping compared to start up of other overheads that are way more subtle. This is why I thought it would make sense for electric arrows to have an alternate use, and not just have combo properties. Tbh, electric arrows does not grant enough of an advantage during combos that you should ever load one in stead of ice or fire. As you said, fire arrows are his best zoning tool, and I would be happy to see this buffed as well (maybe stock 5 at a time, in stead of 3?)

Ice arrows needs a buff to be more attractive IMO, and more chip would make sense on an electric arrow (Like Bat Girl's electric knuckles). With this buff you could gain a life lead with ice arrows and mix ups, stop the opponent from rushing in to make a comeback with fire arrows that does ok damage and pushes the opponent back on hit, and finish the deal with electric arrows, chipping at the opponent when he has started to respect the fire arrows and is trying walking/dashing/blocking his way in.

This way electric would have a use in combos (very limited as his bnb's with most damage does not benefit from electric arrows-f2d13 starter is great to follow up with electric arrow to get a combo though), and also a use in the very end stage of matches. This way all arrows would be about equally useful imo.

I take back what I said :p Your idea is much better and 5 fire arrows would be really useful. :D And I had read that he had full screen 50/50s with his electric arrow because of the hitbox, which I did not test, until now. So I just assumed what I read was correct but after testing it right now it is more like 3/4 screen while fire is 1/2 screen and ice is a little less, on 50/50 range (Jump shot and low shot). Yes it is a bit obvious when you jump but atleast you can get them with a overhead if they are sleeping on you.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
It's simple logistics that shows he's lacking in a few areas.

And everyone's biggest complaints about him, most people are extremely uninformed.

You can't base ONE PLAYER, as a means for nerfing/buffing.

You have to look at the options available.

In Super smash brothers Melee, Peach was considered Mid-tier. not gonna win any majors but definitely strong enough to make it pretty far in bracket.

Armada came along and raped everyone with Peach. Melee doesn't have patches guys. People LOOKED at her tools and dubbed her mid-tier. Just because ONE GUY can win a few national touranments, doesn't mean the character is 100% fine. Obviously she isn't a trash character, but she's lacking if only 1 guy is being that successful.

Pikachu was low tier, and bumped up to mid-tier a decade after the game was already out. People need to stop basing buffs/nerfs off of touranment RESULTS. high level players tend to KNOW more about their character and how to play them.

But at this point int he game cycle, lets be real here. Everyone is PLAYING their character, and not playing the matchup yet. We are to an extent, but everyone is still falling for escapable things.

Paul ignore the trolls that roll in here. If they really disagree with you they'd talk game mechanics. But all they have is "Chris G won so...."
colt hecterrific

When scorpion came out, ppl cried 4 days long without stop so that Mr. Boon could listen and nerf him, we're not asking too much, i know some of them might given up, but these issues, have to be addressed.
Green Arrow is an Awesome character who i, and most GA players would gladly stick to it, and learn all the hardest matchups if he didn't had all these issues addressed in the opening post, i still hope he hasn't been forgotten, we're not asking too much here.
It becomes pretty depressing full-screen, where you can't trade projectile by shooting low arrows, very low damage, becomes very hard to get in.
Standing 1 whiffing after jump ins, i can't even use that string as a punish
If not all his addressed issues can be fixed, at least fixing the ones related with his hitbox, and definitely we should be fine.

Ryu Gosling

When's Mahvel?
Only thing that needs to be fixed with GA is his Haven Blast needs to be normalized and of coarse we all know his standing 1 could use some tweaking. If i was being spoiled he could use some frame data buffs. After going through all the data, GA is one of the slowest characters in the game.

Only thing that needs to be fixed with GA is his Haven Blast needs to be normalized and of coarse we all know his standing 1 could use some tweaking. If i was being spoiled he could use some frame data buffs. After going through all the data, GA is one of the slowest characters in the game.
I personally think that his normals are slow because he was not really meant to be a rush down/agressive character. I believe he was meant to be a defensive type of character but NRS dropped the ball, so people have resorted to that agressive ice shennanigan arrow style. Most of his specials are defensive in general if you think about it. The above suggested changes to his arrows by other users and the whole nine yards would make him be able to do what he was intended to do.

One major buff I've noticed is 113 into lightning arrow and then back 3 works, but the timing is so ridiculous it's a joke to even try it. If they want it to hit then let it hit or take it out. So I propose for the lighting arrow hits to make the characters juggle longer

http://www.youtube.com/user/TequilaMockingburd

And no I don't type my signature out everytime, im using Tapatalk app lol

#hopeforhood

Ryu Gosling

When's Mahvel?
One major buff I've noticed is 113 into lightning arrow and then back 3 works, but the timing is so ridiculous it's a joke to even try it. If they want it to hit then let it hit or take it out. So I propose for the lighting arrow hits to make the characters juggle longer

#hopeforhood

Nah, 113 Electric B3 was possible Day 1. I've been doing this since the beginning It Is much more viable offline, online the timing is very tight and almost random. I've been using electric in neutral to transition into the ice arrow resets with the combo below

J.1 113 Electric Arrow B3 dash Up arrows D2 Db4.

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
what about if green arrows trait worked like ares??? all ice/electric/fire arrows are available (by using their respective trait loading inputs) but when used they cant be used again until its cooldown has worn off...ice arrow having the longest electric still having 2 available before cooldown and fire having 3 before cooldown

Nah, 113 Electric B3 was possible Day 1. I've been doing this since the beginning It Is much more viable offline, online the timing is very tight and almost random. I've been using electric in neutral to transition into the ice arrow resets with the combo below

J.1 113 Electric Arrow B3 dash Up arrows D2 Db4.
Yeah I mean I guess that's what I kinda meant, just make it online viable.

#hopeforhood