What's new

General/Other Here are the buffs Green Arrow needs.

So, you're pretty much incapable of telling us why he's so great, since you know so much about the character.

What a joke, that's TYM nowdays. People talking out of their ass.

GA has the ability to:
- never put himself at risk, extremely safe
- unclashable damage in late matches
- ice arrow that leads to more ice arrows and 25% every time he touches you
- top 3 forward dash in the game
- incredible footsies tool in ground arrow
- top 3 jump 3 in the game
- cr1 to arrow that is plus 2-4... most characters cannot interrupt or risk trading with ice arrow

GA is solid, similar to green lantern and aqua. If you have excellent fundamentals and understanding of footsies then it is a character that you will do very well with. I personally think the character is subject to zoning. I place him upper mid tier with very few bad matchups. Chris G is one of the greatest players of our generation. He is a talented dude with an offline scene that helps him get better. yet.. most of you have never even been to a major.

Everyone due yourself a favor and read this. http://sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
GA has the ability to:
- never put himself at risk, extremely safe
- unclashable damage in late matches
- ice arrow that leads to more ice arrows and 25% every time he touches you
- top 3 forward dash in the game
- incredible footsies tool in ground arrow
- top 3 jump 3 in the game
- cr1 to arrow that is plus 2-4... most characters cannot interrupt or risk trading with ice arrow

GA is solid, similar to green lantern and aqua. If you have excellent fundamentals and understanding of footsies then it is a character that you will do very well with. I personally think the character is subject to zoning. I place him upper mid tier with very few bad matchups. Chris G is one of the greatest players of our generation. He is a talented dude with an offline scene that helps him get better. yet.. most of you have never even been to a major.

Everyone due yourself a favor and read this. http://sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
I'm gonna quote myself because apparently people don't know how to read nowdays:

"What tools do you think GA has against which characters that make him top tier. Please tell us."

You described things he has, not why he's so great, just as I can tell you which things he doesn't have. I'll describe Grundy now.
- Has armor in everything.
- High damage with low execution.
- High damaging resets that are only escapable by 1 character.
- Incredible footsies with Walking Corpse cancel and other long reaching specials.
- Full screen 50%+ combos.
- Top 3 anti airs in the game.
- Top 5 dash in the game.

See I just described what Grundy has. Doesn't mean Grundy is not ass. Are you really that dumb?

Also, Kano has placed in Top 8s. Recently. Kano top tier? According to your logic, YES.

champdee

Noob
Gonna have go to with what PLAYING TO W1N is saying... the only thing I think would be cool, especially since his super resets looked to be getting nerfed (they'll still be there.. just not off block stings, it looks like but people will get creative and make new ones) anyway if all is true (damn nrs patch notes being so vague) He could possibly maybe be able to load arrows in air nakedly?

What do you guys think? (of, if the freeze time in general in this game eg: shackles, ice arrow, interactable, etc.. had a maybe a second more untill their unfrozen.. other than that he's an awesome character as is.. Can't wait to see how he'll be in the patch.. wouldn't mind picking him up again.

Gonna have go to with what PLAYING TO W1N is saying... the only thing I think would be cool, especially since his super resets looked to be getting nerfed (they'll still be there.. just not off block stings, it looks like but people will get creative and make new ones) anyway if all is true (damn nrs patch notes being so vague) He could possibly maybe be able to load arrows in air nakedly?

What do you guys think? (of, if the freeze time in general in this game eg: shackles, ice arrow, interactable, etc.. had a maybe a second more untill their unfrozen.. other than that he's an awesome character as is.. Can't wait to see how he'll be in the patch.. wouldn't mind picking him up again.
NRS have no idea how to properly balance a fighting game. Something as simple as reducing recovery frames from loading an arrow would make alot of this characters problems dissapear.

I'm gonna quote myself because apparently people don't know how to read nowdays:

"What tools do you think GA has against which characters that make him top tier. Please tell us."

You described things he has, not why he's so great, just as I can tell you which things he doesn't have. I'll describe Grundy now.
- Has armor in everything.
- High damage with low execution.
- High damaging resets that are only escapable by 1 character.
- Incredible footsies with Walking Corpse cancel and other long reaching specials.
- Full screen 50%+ combos.
- Top 3 anti airs in the game.
- Top 5 dash in the game.

See I just described what Grundy has. Doesn't mean Grundy is not ass. Are you really that dumb?

Also, Kano has placed in Top 8s. Recently. Kano top tier? According to your logic, YES.

Lol man, thats exactly the point. He probably hasnt even touched the character, when I for example swith from GA to Aqua or Batman, you immediately feel how more flexible and easier they are to use.

champdee

Noob
Chris G did.[/quote
NRS have no idea how to properly balance a fighting game. Something as simple as reducing recovery frames from loading an arrow would make alot of this characters problems dissapear.
That would help, but still on block it'd be at least d'1'd at least.. I haven't played since the patch (just messing with zod as he seems like kenshi/freddy meets reptile) I think the only thing he could use honestly is be able to load an arrow in air.. hey all you bow down to chris g, and that's what he says so lol :)

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
All i would want is to make f2d13 and 113 easier to combo off then i would pretty happy.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
GA has the ability to:
- never put himself at risk, extremely safe So do 98% of the Cast
- unclashable damage in late matches Yes this is true
- ice arrow that leads to more ice arrows and 25% every time he touches you Block
- top 3 forward dash in the game It is good
- incredible footsies tool in ground arrow i would say good, not incredible
- top 3 jump 3 in the game yes it is good
- cr1 to arrow that is plus 2-4... most characters cannot interrupt or risk trading with ice arrow http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/d1-arrow-how-to-blow-it-up-and-its-other-variations-with-each-character.35171/