What's new

Help me settle this argument with DrYukino

Don't know where to post this but I need your guys help. So I played DrYukino (dont know how to tag him, will edit if i figure it out), beat him like 20 times in a row did a fatality and dipped. He messages me saying i was mashing. I told him any good player should be able to blow that up. He tells me to give him a rematch, which I do, and he picks cetrion a terrible match up for jax. Beats me once teabags me then i proceed to beat him about 10 times in a row again. He switches to Sonya and beats me then dips saying I mashed less thats why he won. My whole point was if im mashing, which at some points i definitely was, you should be able to blow that up. It took about 40 matches for him to start beating me consistently and claims im the asshole and that im the one with the ego. I dont have the dvorah or sonya matches but I do have the cetrion matches. I apologize for bringing yall into this but thoughts?

If true, why not keep this between you and him? Why involve all of TYM over a little online salt?

I don't even try to reason with people when they're mad after losing, cause I know how I am when I'm salty and I ain't listening to shit. Brush it off and move on. You won the matches, you don't also need to win some debate that only takes place when people need to excuse their losses.

If true, why not keep this between you and him? Why involve all of TYM over a little online salt?

I don't even try to reason with people when they're mad after losing, cause I know how I am when I'm salty and I ain't listening to shit. Brush it off and move on. You won the matches, you don't also need to win some debate that only takes place when people need to excuse their losses.
I know its just if the two of us arent budging then i gotta resort to this. He was okay with it so I felt there was no harm, he also says hes down to post the screenshots.

Edit: Also man you're right I should have just let it go.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Yes and no. If you ever play Johnny against Erron you will realize, that him mashing pokes at the slightest negative frames beats a lot Johnny's options. Normally if you have a somewhat fast mid you can blot people up. Johnny has a 14 frame mid, unless erron is off I can never hit with it if he goes for a low poke. They low profile my faster options. I can of course block but then pushback becomes a factor. He can block my d4 in retaliation and he can do another. I could just go up for a grab but I have to walk forward a bit, which can be reacted to. My f3 is basically off limits as it is high. So we end up in a situation where a low poke just stops a lot of options for some characters.

My point is, it's relatively easy to shut people down with pokes if they have slower mids. That is why Kotal in particular is such a problematic character - he can't do much about this. You get your damage from counterpokes while they can heavily punish you for disrespecting negative frames.

The top tiers shouldnt have this problem as you can full combo punish someone for pressing buttons when they shouldnt

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Literally just said he was mashing, which he was, and in like 4th message asked what to do. This guy is just mega defensive and thinks he’s the best.

Yes and no. If you ever play Johnny against Erron you will realize, that him mashing pokes at the slightest negative frames beats a lot Johnny's options. Normally if you have a somewhat fast mid you can blot people up. Johnny has a 14 frame mid, unless erron is off I can never hit with it if he goes for a low poke. They low profile my faster options. I can of course block but then pushback becomes a factor. He can block my d4 in retaliation and he can do another. I could just go up for a grab but I have to walk forward a bit, which can be reacted to. My f3 is basically off limits as it is high. So we end up in a situation where a low poke just stops a lot of options for some characters.

My point is, it's relatively easy to shut people down with pokes if they have slower mids. That is why Kotal in particular is such a problematic character - he can't do much about this. You get your damage from counterpokes while they can heavily punish you for disrespecting negative frames.

The top tiers shouldnt have this problem as you can full combo punish someone for pressing buttons when they shouldnt
I get you bro

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Also 40 matches to start beating you is a bill, I was playing Deborah because real sets are how I learn a new char, I anticipated being swept clean and losing until I found my groove with her. Cetrion I took a couple games, you acted cocky and told me to switch, I picked Sonya and you were struggling hard. Completely besides the point, the point was that I simply said you were mashing and you got defensive, rather than tell me what I could’ve done. You clearly didn’t know fighting game terms or this would never have even been a discussion. I’m embarrassed that this went this way, you clearly have no respect or humility. I hope you get what you wanted out of making this thread.

Also 40 matches to start beating you is a bill, I was playing Deborah because real sets are how I learn a new char, I anticipated being swept clean and losing until I found my groove with her. Cetrion I took a couple games, you acted cocky and told me to switch, I picked Sonya and you were struggling hard. Completely besides the point, the point was that I simply said you were mashing and you got defensive, rather than tell me what I could’ve done. You clearly didn’t know fighting game terms or this would never have even been a discussion. I’m embarrassed that this went this way, you clearly have no respect or humility. I hope you get what you wanted out of making this thread.
you did not just say i was mashing, you said im dumb to fg terms. If you truly wanted advice you could have just led with "if you're pressing buttons on hit what should i do?" You want me to just ignore you insulting my intelligence give you advice and give you a rematch? Cuz thats what Im gathering now.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
I mean, yeah, maybe the reason you won was because you were mashing. But like you said it yourself if he was good he would be able to beat that.
How should I have beaten it with Deborah? I did with both Cetrion, who I lost with because I’m bad at the MU and all, and Sonya, who I won with because I could easily stop him from doing those things?

Also, the point is not who is better, but rather why did he get worked up over this and why should I have to defend my name over losing with the worst character after an hour of practice vs his main, and the conversation was literally me saying, damn you beat me with that huh? Lmfao. I’m not salty, never was, this dude is on an ego trip because he beat me. But yeah, y’all decide.

Y’all are a trip. I’m terrible at the game, that’s fine, but this isn’t about who is better. It’s about him getting butt hurt cause I said he was mashing.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
you did not just say i was mashing, you said im dumb to fg terms. If you truly wanted advice you could have just led with "if you're pressing buttons on hit what should i do?" You want me to just ignore you insulting my intelligence give you advice and give you a rematch? Cuz thats what Im gathering now.
K bro. You’re clearly very sensitive. I’ll just leave this alone. I wanted my first message, “mashing,huh?@ to be humorous. It wasn’t, because you think yourself too good to have done such a taboo thing. Lol. I met hostility with hostility. We not taking responsibility for our selves in 2019? Get lost.

K bro. You’re clearly very sensitive. I’ll just leave this alone. I wanted my first message, “mashing,huh?@ to be humorous. It wasn’t, because you think yourself too good to have done such a taboo thing. Lol. I met hostility with hostility. We not taking responsibility for our selves in 2019? Get lost.
Tell me where in those messages did I say I wasn’t mashing?

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
How should I have beaten it with Deborah? I did with both Cetrion, who I lost with because I’m bad at the MU and all, and Sonya, who I won with because I could easily stop him from doing those things?

Also, the point is not who is better, but rather why did he get worked up over this and why should I have to defend my name over losing with the worst character after an hour of practice vs his main, and the conversation was literally me saying, damn you beat me with that huh? Lmfao. I’m not salty, never was, this dude is on an ego trip because he beat me. But yeah, y’all decide.

Y’all are a trip. I’m terrible at the game, that’s fine, but this isn’t about who is better. It’s about him getting butt hurt cause I said he was mashing.
Hm looking at the messages themselves I really dunno about this homie. I'm bailing outta here lol.

Haha. I've been on both sides of this equation enough times the best thing I can suggest is to just let it go. I see both viewpoints. If I beat someone and their response was I was mashing I'd goad them and I've likewise definitely lost and been like "f&ck this guy." It's true, no matter what you were doing it's on the opponent to adapt and find a way around it. It's also true in modern fighting games sometimes mashing is actually the right move. He was probably salty when he said it, maybe it was passive-aggressive joking, maybe you even were mashing - but there's still no way to criticize someone who is beating you and not seem like it's just being salty. Which is okay, as banter goes that really isn't that bad.

"Fail. Adapt. Evolve."

Well said, Geras. Well said. You broken piece of sh*t. Get nerfed.

Haha. I've been on both sides of this equation enough times the best thing I can suggest is to just let it go. I see both viewpoints. If I beat someone and their response was I was mashing I'd goad them and I've likewise definitely lost and been like "f&ck this guy." It's true, no matter what you were doing it's on the opponent to adapt and find a way around it. It's also true in modern fighting games sometimes mashing is actually the right move. He was probably salty when he said it, maybe it was passive-aggressive joking, maybe you even were mashing - but there's still no way to criticize someone who is beating you and not seem like it's just being salty. Which is okay, as banter goes that really isn't that bad.

"Fail. Adapt. Evolve."

Well said, Geras. Well said. You broken piece of sh*t. Get nerfed.
Yeah I get what you’re saying though bro

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Some people don’t have the mental capacity to understand why they lose I guess.. So they use the classic “You’re not good you just mAsH, blOck , tUrTle ” herp derp.. Not even worth arguing with these kind of people just whip out the classic “lol git gud”and move on..

Some people don’t have the mental capacity to understand why they lose I guess.. So they use the classic “You’re not good you just mAsH, blOck , tUrTle ” herp derp.. Not even worth arguing with these kind of people just whip out the classic “lol git gud”and move on..
yeah, despite the varying answers thats the main thing i am understanding and at fault for. I shouldnt even have responded and just let it go.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Don't know where to post this but I need your guys help. So I played DrYukino (dont know how to tag him, will edit if i figure it out), beat him like 20 times in a row did a fatality and dipped. He messages me saying i was mashing. I told him any good player should be able to blow that up. He tells me to give him a rematch, which I do, and he picks cetrion a terrible match up for jax. Beats me once teabags me then i proceed to beat him about 10 times in a row again. He switches to Sonya and beats me then dips saying I mashed less thats why he won. My whole point was if im mashing, which at some points i definitely was, you should be able to blow that up. It took about 40 matches for him to start beating me consistently and claims im the asshole and that im the one with the ego. I dont have the dvorah or sonya matches but I do have the cetrion matches. I apologize for bringing yall into this but thoughts?
If I can beat you with pressing 1 2 3 4 in this order and you keep walking into it and you lose, whose fault was it?
I think you might be putting too much stock to someone's salty nonsense.
A win is a win.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Wow epic fail by both of you. You guys really took all that time messaging each other about nothingness, and took it so serious to post here for all our entertainment? LOL wow. Epic fail indeed.

With that being said, Oak took the cop out at the 36min ago mark, with the "oh i didn't mean anything, you took it that way". #ComeOnBruh