What's new

Help make my Cassie mo' sassy?

Soooooooo here's one of my first official match back on with my TYM "cheat sheet".
Still muddy waters but shits STARTING to stick and I have nobody but yall to thank!
3 match Kasual set (I like to lab in Kasuals because I like the mix of OP variations you face... Plus you come across a lot of different skill levels)

HugeMcBigLarge

Retirement my ass
Dude those games were pretty sick. You turned it on in the second one and looked really strong in the 3rd match too. Super clean pressure and good mix up of the strings.

You should believe in your jump ins more. They jail so you can go straight into a string from them. I saw quite a few times he blocked your jump in and you just walked backwards. You can get the free chip/catch him pressing buttons.

Also start paying attention to your other wake up options. Using delayed wake ups more and rolls would help you get out of some spots. I think you took the most dmg when you got caught waking up and pushing buttons.
But those games looked super clean!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Dude those games were pretty sick. You turned it on in the second one and looked really strong in the 3rd match too. Super clean pressure and good mix up of the strings.

You should believe in your jump ins more. They jail so you can go straight into a string from them. I saw quite a few times he blocked your jump in and you just walked backwards. You can get the free chip/catch him pressing buttons.

Also start paying attention to your other wake up options. Using delayed wake ups more and rolls would help you get out of some spots. I think you took the most dmg when you got caught waking up and pushing buttons.
But those games looked super clean!
Yep, about the jump ins, you can go into F2 + low gunshots and get a combo out of it.

And if you hit F4,1 and don't go into low gunshots because you expected them to block but they didn't, just grab them, don't just give up your turn.

yeaaaaaaa i STILL catch myself throwing out the damn db1 input out of habit (WASTING METER ARRRRGGGHHHH!) lmao! thats my homework for tonight...seriously...im going to run a bunch of matches just staggering strings, using bf4AMP ender, and tech rolling...NOTHING ELSE

xSkeletonSmasherx69

NOBODY CAN TRULY DEFEAT ME
In this second video I do see some improvements. I honestly think this Scorpion was not as good as the one you faced in the ranked set. Your neutral game was a little better. I feel like you mixed in the low starter more often and it connected a lot more than you expected. You dropped quite a few combos or opportunities for a combo. You kept the pressure going though which was good. I don't recall you grabbing that much. Do not be afraid to add that with your pressure. This is Mortal Grabbat after all. When he played Scorpion you didn't get hit by his low starter at all from what I recall which was a significant improvement, but the yolo teles hit you more than they should have. At least that's what I feel like.

What bothers me most is that you had 2 good opportunities to keep him in the corner (5:40 and 7:25), but you just uppercutted him out. Just remove that uppercut from your repertoire unless it is a guaranteed kill in the final round. Part of your gameplan that I can see is keeping pressure on your opponent. You do this well with staggers and spacing. At 7:25 the reason the second hit connected was your spacing. He jumped you whiffed the low but the second hit connected. I know when it hit like that your timing was off to follow it up with your normal string. I would recommend at the very least to do d1 nutpunch if you can. I don't play Cassie, but I bet you could do d1 111 - nutpunch. Or d1 into that other string into nutpunch. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I could definitely see you winning some matches in that tournament.

In this second video I do see some improvements. I honestly think this Scorpion was not as good as the one you faced in the ranked set. Your neutral game was a little better. I feel like you mixed in the low starter more often and it connected a lot more than you expected. You dropped quite a few combos or opportunities for a combo. You kept the pressure going though which was good. I don't recall you grabbing that much. Do not be afraid to add that with your pressure. This is Mortal Grabbat after all. When he played Scorpion you didn't get hit by his low starter at all from what I recall which was a significant improvement, but the yolo teles hit you more than they should have. At least that's what I feel like.

What bothers me most is that you had 2 good opportunities to keep him in the corner (5:40 and 7:25), but you just uppercutted him out. Just remove that uppercut from your repertoire unless it is a guaranteed kill in the final round. Part of your gameplan that I can see is keeping pressure on your opponent. You do this well with staggers and spacing. At 7:25 the reason the second hit connected was your spacing. He jumped you whiffed the low but the second hit connected. I know when it hit like that your timing was off to follow it up with your normal string. I would recommend at the very least to do d1 nutpunch if you can. I don't play Cassie, but I bet you could do d1 111 - nutpunch. Or d1 into that other string into nutpunch. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I could definitely see you winning some matches in that tournament.
yeaaa my corner game is terrible because my mind just blanks out...d2 is probably the most retarded thing I couldve done there short of just unplugging my ps4 lol...DEFINITELY been putting in some lab work in that area. Dropping combos has been my achilles heel here lately (missing the AMP input just being sloppy). I have GOT to just sloooooooooow dooooooown and stop getting ahead of myself. I find that when I slow down and make my inputs more purposeful my mixs get faster and I can chess match my opponent better (duhhhh! lol) but I get in the moment and spaz out.
I also noticed the lack of throws on my behalf when watching the tape back, which struck me as crazy since Ive ALWAYS been a bit of a grabber
im going to drill all these things you and the others have mentioned into my head over the next week (and beyond of course) like its my job! I havent wanted to be a high level player in a MK game this bad since umk3...I'll get there come hell or high water, just gonna take me a little longer due to my stupid work schedule

ran home for lunch about an hour ago aaaaaand i think i have somehow gotten worse lmao!!! I would MUCH rather lose pretty than win ugly...

When you go up 2-0 with 2 flawless rounds and they switch to jade and you lose smh... I can't beat jade. I don't give a damn if a blind man is bashing the controller against his face... As long as he picks jade he's winning lmao

Idk that I've EVER beat one... Even the garbage ones. Need a pocket scorpion before.... Tomorrow..
Yestersay I could beat an Emerald Jade 3-1 with my first (and last? :) ) day Yaas Queen.

But it was pretty pretty annoying. However he was rather a spammer than good zoner.

I am a Scorpion main (now co-main or sub-main due to Cassie) and these guys do not like bad match ups and rather leave (Kasual - now in ft2 ranked it does not really matter lol almost the same).
Jade is still annoying with Scorpion too just easier to deal with. But against that keep away style it can not be fun - this is the "cause frustration" style which is good in competitive scene but not fun to play against.

Yestersay I could beat an Emerald Jade 3-1 with my first (and last? :) ) day Yaas Queen.

But it was pretty pretty annoying. However he was rather a spammer than good zoner.

I am a Scorpion main (now co-main or sub-main due to Cassie) and these guys do not like bad match ups and rather leave (Kasual - now in ft2 ranked it does not really matter lol almost the same).
Jade is still annoying with Scorpion too just easier to deal with. But against that keep away style it can not be fun - this is the "cause frustration" style which is good in competitive scene but not fun to play against.
Yea I've been messing with yas queen a bit since watching sonic fox damn near smoke ninjakiller with it... Not nearly as bad as I originally thought (with good connection anyways..).

sars

Noob
Supposed to be a 5 bar WiFi connection. I still won but it’s so hard to play against scorpion with teleport cancle. Than I need to do it on WiFi lol. 2nd and 3rd game are real bad. Not only that he kept backing up waiting for defensive meter to build up. I just want NRS to fix this. 5 bar connections are a 50/50 if they good or not

Last edited:
Supposed to be a 5 bar WiFi connection. I still won but it’s so hard to play against scorpion with teleport cancle. Than I need to do it on WiFi lol. 2nd and 3rd game are real bad. Not only that he kept backing up waiting for defensive meter to build up. I just want NRS to fix this. 5 bar connections are a 50/50 if they good or not

Nice F41xxDB1 hitconfirms on 2nd hit lol I do the same when I feel that 2nd will hit.

Reborn is pretty difficult however cancel into 16F Low is pretty silly from Scorp but still "works".
With really bad connection I rather block and may tech a throw however with better (up to 100 ms) I try to challenge it with S1.
There is enough frame to react + punish but still need to be on point as a bit slower S1 and walk back whiff punish works.

Challenge will force Reborn to use regular tele as well which is also punishable.

Yes 50/50 but after tele cancel he can not break away and need to hold the restand pressure. Risk reward is may not in Scorpion's favor with tele cancel.

I like playing Searing rage more as I do not like playing this 50/50 however against good recovery projectiles a tele cancel is safer than teleporting into a block (especially online).

I try to lab Jade but with Cassie I do not see any tech but remaining patient...
Yesterday I was counter picked as I started with Scorpion against Kitana then switched to Cassie then he switched to Jade lol. I almost caught him but could not punish fatal blow twice... need to practice it to have in the muscle.

Patient Jade is annoying with Scorpion too but I try to lab it. Only waiting for her to throw and teleport is not enough. :)

Last edited: