What's new

General/Other Hello fellow Flashies

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
Using F21 let's you hit confirm into both LK and SP. MB SP trait combos get about 5-6% extra damage and you can get better positioning by choosing to switch sides by using regular MB SP.

I use F21 a lot because of the options it gives me and my opponents aren't always quick to punish me for it. If I realize they are looking out for it and punish it every time, I'll refrain from using F21 as much.
i remember when f213 was free on everyone..... until i started fighting @Orochi and i stopped using it forever r.i.p. the move that got you +10 frame advantage. :DOGE

Ok. My latest Flash update. I just bodied normal difficulty. Then I played hard and only lost a couple times! My new questions are.

1. What strings are the best to tick throw? So far I am liking b2, throw and d1, throw. Should I be doing that?

2. I am dropping the d1,d2 mb kick trait combo. Is there an easier one for noobs? So far I get to d1,d2, mb kick, trait, jim, jim, jim, jim, b2, jim then I drop after that. I think its like 43%

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Ok. My latest Flash update. I just bodied normal difficulty. Then I played hard and only lost a couple times! My new questions are.

1. What strings are the best to tick throw? So far I am liking b2, throw and d1, throw. Should I be doing that?

2. I am dropping the d1,d2 mb kick trait combo. Is there an easier one for noobs? So far I get to d1,d2, mb kick, trait, jim, jim, jim, jim, b2, jim then I drop after that. I think its like 43%

1.D1D2 on block puts your into a really good range to throw someone. You might have to walk up like a pixel, but depending on the character you can do d12 straight into throw and it's a range that makes most of their d1s whiff. Flash has a really good throw range. B22 xx RMS Cancel > Throw is also insanely good, they have pretty much no option but to tech it.

2. Just to be sure, are you canceling the B2 into the Lightning Kick at the end? Assuming that you are, the one you are doing should be the easiest:

Whatever xx MB Kick > Kick x4 > B2 xx Kick > B22F1 xx Lightning Charge

The only other real option you can add in there is making the first B2 xx Kick into a B22 xx Kick, but you can't just do that as fast as possible or it will whiff, so the timing is a bit harder.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
GGA Jeremiah post: 1546187 said:

B22 rmsc grab thats It d1 grab is decent and if u cant hit it its probably because ur mashing mb try to stop that and focus the mashing on trait

ryublaze

Noob
You can add a dash in your traitless bnbs for more corner carry (unless it's off of MB LC):
MB LK, d2 b3 dash j3 b22f3 xx LC

For regular trait combo i do:
MB LK trait LK x4 b2 xx LK b22f3 xx LC
MB LK trait LK x4 b22 xx LK 112 xx LC (corner combo, does more damage and sets up for crossup f3)

Side switch combos i do (there might be better ones):
MB LK, d2 dash 11 b22f3 xx LC
MB LK trait dash 1 xx LK LK LK b22 xx LK b22f3 xx LC

if i end a corner combo with LC and i dont put myself in the corner, i like to mix up with MB far sonic pound or slight delay MB close sonic pound

i only do f213 on big bodies. They can backdash in between f21 and 3, but you can catch their backdash with f21 delayed MB LK

also i might be doing it wrong but i think they can jump out or backdash out of b22 rms grab. it's still a good option tho

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
You can add a dash in your traitless bnbs for more corner carry (unless it's off of MB LC):
MB LK, d2 b3 dash j3 b22f3 xx LC

For regular trait combo i do:
MB LK trait LK x4 b2 xx LK b22f3 xx LC
MB LK trait LK x4 b22 xx LK 112 xx LC (corner combo, does more damage and sets up for crossup f3)

Side switch combos i do (there might be better ones):
MB LK, d2 dash 11 b22f3 xx LC
MB LK trait dash 1 xx LK LK LK b22 xx LK b22f3 xx LC

if i end a corner combo with LC and i dont put myself in the corner, i like to mix up with MB far sonic pound or slight delay MB close sonic pound

i only do f213 on big bodies. They can backdash in between f21 and 3, but you can catch their backdash with f21 delayed MB LK

also i might be doing it wrong but i think they can jump out or backdash out of b22 rms grab. it's still a good option tho
I would have said all this Im just too lazy so thank u lol

Guys. Let's get this Flash army going! Jim making grand finals at GBS. RM SNKE winning BLTB. Fellow Flashies, it is now time to focus on KIT. We need Jim or Honeybee in the Grand Finals! Which other flashers are going?

Ok after playing against humans for the first time today I have new Flash questions.

What do you guys do when you know your opponent is waiting to blow up dash in?

What should I do when I am just outside of d1 range and want to attack my opponent? What is the best move to use?

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Ok after playing against humans for the first time today I have new Flash questions.

What should I do when I am just outside of d1 range and want to attack my opponent? What is the best move to use?
B2 brings you into d1 range and leads to a frametrap so ppl hitting buttons DEAD

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord

When you know your opponent is looking for a dash in, walk. You have to play the footsie game (using B2 as your main footsie tool). If your opponent sees that you're using B22 a lot, they will try to whiff punish you with Jump back attacks in which case you'll need to be able to catch them with flying uppercuts into full combos. Another thing is to not use B22 every time, sometimes you need to just use B2 because B2 is much harder to whiff punish than B22.

There's quite a lot of characters in the game that have a move that outranges Flash's B2 and/or have faster startup frames. So then you have to block and wait for your opening to press a button. A struggle of new Flash players is often how to land that crucial hit.