What's new

General/Other Hello fellow Flashies

Hey guys. I have decided to make my last character I learn for Injustice to be Flash. I have thought from long ago that he was best in game, and I want to try to see how much I can learn playing him.

For a new Flash player, besides @Jim taking me into the lab during our weeklies, where is the best place to start?

What should I work on first? What matches should I watch on youtube? Have any good beginner tips? What threads have the most gems of beginner knowledge? I will check them all out but I want to learn the easy stuff first.

I've already said he is the best in game. That should be sufficient I think. So far this is what I have learned in the last 2 hours of perusing.

I saw the Zyphox youtube video of ending combos in 3,2 for good spacing/50/50 shenanigans.

Then I watched the Honeybee vs Biohazard videos. And learned the combo. B,F 2 MB, d2, b3, j3, b22, and I'm assuming f3 into running man cancel? I'm gonna try that in the lab tonight.

That's all I have so far. Oh and the Jim chant.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I've already said he is the best in game. That should be sufficient I think. So far this is what I have learned in the last 2 hours of perusing.

I saw the Zyphox youtube video of ending combos in 3,2 for good spacing/50/50 shenanigans.

Then I watched the Honeybee vs Biohazard videos. And learned the combo. B,F 2 MB, d2, b3, j3, b22, and I'm assuming f3 into running man cancel? I'm gonna try that in the lab tonight.

That's all I have so far. Oh and the Jim chant.
if you want most of the tech you can check out my youtube channel, not sure if honeybee has all the tech in video form. i would start with all his BnB's and then figure out his knockdown game, if you are good enough you don't need all his fancy tech to be good with him. their are a lot of character specific cross ups, and what works and what doesn't probably more than any of character in the game. for example b22f3 on block whiffs on like half the cast when they duck, but on block in the corner gives you a 50/50 with b22f3 MB sonic pound, and b22f3 far MB sonic pound. f2(1) string the 1 whiffs one every character that isn't big like doomie when they crouch. then their are RMS cancels, LK cancels trait shenanigans. flash probably has the most bullshit aside from batgirl in the game and if you learn all of them the better. again shameless self promotion, but a good 70% of all his BS is on my youtube channel. also look at the dates on the video, some are really old like my OTG videos that worked in prior patches that don't work anymore as OTG's. still a good mixup that will probably land you a hit, like ending your combo in 32 then MB sonic pound launcher for full combo. and way glad you decided to join the flash army bro, have fun. if you want games i only have INJ on PC now but i'll be glad to get games in with you if you have it for PC. if not i know honeybee has XBL and he's the best flash player so you will learn hell of a lot from him as well.

I'll check that flash stuff out. Also I'm gonna watch a bunch of Jim GBS's. He plays against all the people I do, so I can see the adjustments he makes to their kind of play.

Lone

KHAOTIC
I suggest watching @The_SNKE as well, he and @HoneyBee have the most readily available videos versus tough competition at the moment. I think establishing a neutral with him is most important, the 50/50s and okizeme setups are great but you have to be able to get close enough to start all that. @Zyphox has a video on that dimension of gameplay.

Something to keep in mind, use the 21 string to punish dash-ins.

Jeremiah, you're trolling right? If so, that makes it twice in the span of seven days and that worries me. Why have you joined the dark side?
No troll. I thought it was 6 frames this whole time. I know its a low... but still. If I am making the audacious claim that Flash is number 1, this is the first blow that hurts my statement.

coolwhip

Noob
No troll. I thought it was 6 frames this whole time. I know its a low... but still. If I am making the audacious claim that Flash is number 1, this is the first blow that hurts my statement.
That statement would be questionable even if his d1 were 6 frames. But his d1 is a low and his d1d2 string is +1 on block so it's still pretty damn good. I think Flash is 5th on the tier list. GGA has been known to downplay Flash so I hope you're not getting blown up too much for your claims.

That statement would be questionable even if his d1 were 6 frames. But his d1 is a low and his d1d2 string is +1 on block so it's still pretty damn good. I think Flash is 5th on the tier list. GGA has been known to downplay Flash so I hope you're not getting blown up too much for your claims.
I am always my own thinker and GGA knows my Flash claims :). However +1 on block makes a follow up d1 trade with a 6frame d1. Flash's d1 on hit is only +5 frames, most 6frame d1's on hit are more than plus 5. Meaning a d1,d2 being +1 on block trading with a d1, puts Flash at disadvantage frames.

Edit. I just checked. Every character with a 6 frame d1 is more than +5 on hit. Therefore if a 6frame d1 opponent reads Flash to d1 after a blocked d1,d2 just needs to d1. They will trade and now the opponent will have frames.

Last edited:

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I am always my own thinker and GGA knows my Flash claims :). However +1 on block makes a follow up d1 trade with a 6frame d1. Flash's d1 on hit is only +5 frames, most 6frame d1's on hit are more than plus 5. Meaning a d1,d2 being +1 on block trading with a d1, puts Flash at disadvantage frames.

Edit. I just checked. Every character with a 6 frame d1 is more than +5 on hit. Therefore if a 6frame d1 opponent reads Flash to d1 after a blocked d1,d2 just needs to d1. They will trade and now the opponent will have frames.
d1d2 on block pushes you back to far for a d1, after d1d2 you can step back and most d1's miss except martians with trait and HG etc there is a window to punish if they try to d1. most of the time though you are looking to confirm d1d2 into LK or SP, since you can't hit confirm it, you have to dial combo it.

coolwhip

Noob

There's pushback after d1d2 on block so you're not guaranteed anything afterwards. As far as d1 on hit, you generally don't want to be doing just d1 and you're going to do d1d2. I'm not sure how hit-confirmable into lightning kick it is though, so a Flash main could clarify. But I'm pretty sure a d1d2 on hit gives you enough frame advantage to continue pressure so you can probably go for the 50/50 afterwards.

Last edited:

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Dont think because youre flash you can do what you want be patient let them hang themselves dont constantly do resets yeah they're good but damage and corner carry is better only reset to kill :)

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Dude. What the? Flash's d1 is 7 frames? Isn't he the Flash? Why is his d1 so slow?
I thought 7 frames was pretty fast lol.
I suggest watching @The_SNKE as well, he and @HoneyBee have the most readily available videos versus tough competition at the moment. I think establishing a neutral with him is most important, the 50/50s and okizeme setups are great but you have to be able to get close enough to start all that. @Zyphox has a video on that dimension of gameplay.

Something to keep in mind, use the 21 string to punish dash-ins.
I been trying to find the best normal for that. Thank you. I also picked up Flash, so if anyone wants to get games or share knowledge on xbl add me. C88 bigmilk

I have been getting up to date with Flash matches. Alot of us Flashers seem to get punished a decent amount from F2,1 on block by some characters. Why don't we just do naked F2 then to protect ourselves?

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
I have been getting up to date with Flash matches. Alot of us Flashers seem to get punished a decent amount from F2,1 on block by some characters. Why don't we just do naked F2 then to protect ourselves?
Using F21 let's you hit confirm into both LK and SP. MB SP trait combos get about 5-6% extra damage and you can get better positioning by choosing to switch sides by using regular MB SP.

I use F21 a lot because of the options it gives me and my opponents aren't always quick to punish me for it. If I realize they are looking out for it and punish it every time, I'll refrain from using F21 as much.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
HoneyBee said:
Using F21 let's you hit confirm into both LK and SP. MB SP trait combos get about 5-6% extra damage and you can get better positioning by choosing to switch sides by using regular MB SP.

I use F21 a lot because of the options it gives me and my opponents aren't always quick to punish me for it. If I realize they are looking out for it and punish it every time, I'll refrain from using F21 as much.
Damn the god lord knows all :p