What's new

Hearthstone Discussion

Anbu

AnbuSasukePro/KHAOTIC_ANBUx
Looking for some games I'm trying to improve.

Decks: Rogue and Hunter
Deathstroke#1542

So disappointed in the shaman legendary (i only play shaman) and not because i think hes weak, in fact he could be one of the strongest cards shown. Its the fact that he's a nobody, just some dude you have to kill for a quest. Ask anyone if they know his name (which is yngvar) and id be shocked if someone got it. Hes not even the racial leader for his race according to the wiki. Hes got nothing to do with shamans other than the fact he has some lightning magic. Hell the word shaman isnt even on their race wiki. His art is ugly and doesnt even have mist. His ability is uninspired and doesnt have anything to do with mists (like hmm idk, stealth??) nor has anything to do with shamans. /rant

Ok as for the set overall i feel about the same way as above, where a lot of the cards aesthetics dont match the abilities, which is really important to me. Im not excited but im still curious to see how things play out.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
So disappointed in the shaman legendary (i only play shaman) and not because i think hes weak, in fact he could be one of the strongest cards shown. Its the fact that he's a nobody, just some dude you have to kill for a quest. Ask anyone if they know his name (which is yngvar) and id be shocked if someone got it. Hes not even the racial leader for his race according to the wiki. Hes got nothing to do with shamans other than the fact he has some lightning magic. Hell the word shaman isnt even on their race wiki. His art is ugly and doesnt even have mist. His ability is uninspired and doesnt have anything to do with mists (like hmm idk, stealth??) nor has anything to do with shamans. /rant

Ok as for the set overall i feel about the same way as above, where a lot of the cards aesthetics dont match the abilities, which is really important to me. Im not excited but im still curious to see how things play out.
Lore geek :DOGE

I don't play any of the other Blizzard games so I'm no lore buff, I'll only be able to discuss the card in reference to Hearthstone lol. I think the Shaman Legendary is interesting in that it gives every other minion in your deck and hand +1/+1, and I think someone might decide to go construct a Brewmaster Mistcaller deck and buff the hell out of their deck lol. His intro animation sounds cool too, shame we never got to see it though.

Youphemism

I love everything about Polymorph: Boar.
Ugh I hate that card actually, why does Mage need more spells like that? It's already annoying as fuck dealing with Polymorph now they have more of them?! *sigh*

I can't wait to try out Lock and Load actually, Locked On Hunter (get it? Lock and Load, Hunter's Mark, etc huehuehue) is going to be a deck I mess around with. Totem Golem is probably my favourite if not one of my favourites out of the expansion as well as Confessor Paletress (holy fuck 2 mana legendaries), Cutpurse, Tournament Medic and Nexus-Champion Saraad. I can also already see the shenanigans that'll come with Aviana on turn 9 or 10 and Wilfred Fizzlebang synergy with something like Garrison Commander for example lol. I also like Shado-Pan Cavalry, could be interesting with Cutpurse. Oh and Brave Archer is the biggest fucking Disney ripoff I've ever seen, I mean a ginger haired archer and the minion also has the word Brave in the fucking NAME? Blizzard are BALLSY lmao.

I think I might find myself playing Paladin a bit more, Murloc Knight is AWESOME. Eadric the Pure + Grim Patron synergy might become a thing too and I already play a basic Patron Warrior deck (basic since I'm playing it with the cards I have, some of which aren't from Naxx or Blackrock) so dipping into Paladin could be interesting. Although Chillmaw is making me sad for my Patron Warrior :(

Anbu

Not impressed with most of the rogue cards which is my favorite class. Hopefully control Hunter becomes a thing because some of those Hunter cards are awesome if you can play them in a slow deck plus I'm sick of face huntards.

Youphemism

Not impressed with most of the rogue cards which is my favorite class. Hopefully control Hunter becomes a thing because some of those Hunter cards are awesome if you can play them in a slow deck plus I'm sick of face huntards.
I really like Cutpurse, I feel it'll open up a lot more combo opportunities for less effort. What about Shado-Pan? 5 for 6/7 is great, especially when Rogue now has at least two 0 mana spells to combo into it :D I can see how Shady Dealer and Buccaneer might not appeal to you since they're more pirate-centric and Poisoned Blade since it's pure ass but what about Anub'arak and Beneath The Grounds? Maybe throw in some Nerubian Eggs to that deck? Build a Nerubian synergy deck? Undercity Valiant is at least better than Ironforge Rifleman and with turn 2 Cutpurse you could put out Valiant and another 2 drop or something turn 3. What's your opinion on Burgle?

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Wait, there's more Polymorph spells for Mage!? Yeah I need to buy this. I love me some polymorph.

Wow, I think you can attack with a minion then turn it into a 4/2 boar then attack again

Last edited:

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Ugh I hate that card actually, why does Mage need more spells like that? It's already annoying as fuck dealing with Polymorph now they have more of them?! *sigh*

I can't wait to try out Lock and Load actually, Locked On Hunter (get it? Lock and Load, Hunter's Mark, etc huehuehue) is going to be a deck I mess around with. Totem Golem is probably my favourite if not one of my favourites out of the expansion as well as Confessor Paletress (holy fuck 2 mana legendaries), Cutpurse, Tournament Medic and Nexus-Champion Saraad. I can also already see the shenanigans that'll come with Aviana on turn 9 or 10 and Wilfred Fizzlebang synergy with something like Garrison Commander for example lol. I also like Shado-Pan Cavalry, could be interesting with Cutpurse. Oh and Brave Archer is the biggest fucking Disney ripoff I've ever seen, I mean a ginger haired archer and the minion also has the word Brave in the fucking NAME? Blizzard are BALLSY lmao.

I think I might find myself playing Paladin a bit more, Murloc Knight is AWESOME. Eadric the Pure + Grim Patron synergy might become a thing too and I already play a basic Patron Warrior deck (basic since I'm playing it with the cards I have, some of which aren't from Naxx or Blackrock) so dipping into Paladin could be interesting. Although Chillmaw is making me sad for my Patron Warrior :(
Complaining about Polymorph being annoying when you play Patron Warrior? looool, anyway, I love Polymorph: Boar because it's an extremely cool and fun card, and t's so versatile. You can use it to simply buff a minion, like turn a 0/2 taunt Mirror Image into a 4/2 charge boar, or you can use it as burst or a finisher by basically giving a minion +4 attack/whirlwind, or you can use it to get more trade value from a minion, say your minion is on 1hp, just traded into something, about to get pinged off for free next turn, you can get more trades with Polymorph: Boar. Or, of course, you can use it as removal, in the same way Vol'jin is used. Just need basically any minion on the board, and then you can kill off any minion. You can also use it as a silence. So yeah, it's very versatile, without being OP. It'll also go great with Arcane Blast.

Yep, I'm looking forward to most of those ones you mentioned too. Interested to see if Beast hunter can be a thing now, and control-ish Rogue with Cutpurse and Shado-Pan.

Brave Archer is purposefully like the Brave character, just a reference from blizz.

Youphemism

Complaining about Polymorph being annoying when you play Patron Warrior? looool, anyway, I love Polymorph: Boar because it's an extremely cool and fun card, and t's so versatile. You can use it to simply buff a minion, like turn a 0/2 taunt Mirror Image into a 4/2 charge boar, or you can use it as burst or a finisher by basically giving a minion +4 attack/whirlwind, or you can use it to get more trade value from a minion, say your minion is on 1hp, just traded into something, about to get pinged off for free next turn, you can get more trades with Polymorph: Boar. Or, of course, you can use it as removal, in the same way Vol'jin is used. Just need basically any minion on the board, and then you can kill off any minion. You can also use it as a silence. So yeah, it's very versatile, without being OP. It'll also go great with Arcane Blast.

Yep, I'm looking forward to most of those ones you mentioned too. Interested to see if Beast hunter can be a thing now, and control-ish Rogue with Cutpurse and Shado-Pan.

Brave Archer is purposefully like the Brave character, just a reference from blizz.
Yeah I hadn't thought about using it on your own minions at first to buff them, good point.

Beast Hunter might become more prominent, who knows? Even Bear Trap adds to that. I think Beast Druid might come to fruition moreso to be honest, maybe people will be too busy changing it up with Lock and Load lol. I'll be seeing what I can do with Cutpurse myself, combos will be easier to pull off :p I'm currently messing about with a very basic Ships Cannon Rogue but it's so frustrating only having one Ship's Cannon and it always being in the last 11 bloody cards of my deck :mad:

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Yeah I hadn't thought about using it on your own minions at first to buff them, good point.

Beast Hunter might become more prominent, who knows? Even Bear Trap adds to that. I think Beast Druid might come to fruition moreso to be honest, maybe people will be too busy changing it up with Lock and Load lol. I'll be seeing what I can do with Cutpurse myself, combos will be easier to pull off :p I'm currently messing about with a very basic Ships Cannon Rogue but it's so frustrating only having one Ship's Cannon and it always being in the last 11 bloody cards of my deck :mad:
I'm just excited that different stuff will be played. They've really added to the amount of different sort of decks we might see (like you said, Beast Druid, Lock and Load Hunter, Cutpurse Rogue, that sort of stuff), so instead of face hunter and these boring, typical decks we've got in the meta right now we'll see new stuff.

A lot of fun stuff too, like Murloc Knight, Spellslinger. I'm looking forward to different decks being played.

Well don't worry, looks like they're really pushing Pirate Rogue this expansion.

Youphemism

I'm just excited that different stuff will be played. They've really added to the amount of different sort of decks we might see (like you said, Beast Druid, Lock and Load Hunter, Cutpurse Rogue, that sort of stuff), so instead of face hunter and these boring, typical decks we've got in the meta right now we'll see new stuff.

A lot of fun stuff too, like Murloc Knight, Spellslinger. I'm looking forward to different decks being played.

Well don't worry, looks like they're really pushing Pirate Rogue this expansion.
Yeah hopefully this pushes more constructed decks instead of meta-overpowering decks. I'd like to see it but just like in this community people just seem to pick the best in competition instead of what they like :oops:

Murloc Knight #Kreygasm

Yeah I guess more Pirates helps but it's the fact I only have one Ship's Cannon and the fcat I always seem to draw it at the very end that's not helping lol. Damn RNGsus at it again...

What's your favourite cards from the expansion so far?

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Yeah hopefully this pushes more constructed decks instead of meta-overpowering decks. I'd like to see it but just like in this community people just seem to pick the best in competition instead of what they like :oops:

Murloc Knight #Kreygasm

Yeah I guess more Pirates helps but it's the fact I only have one Ship's Cannon and the fcat I always seem to draw it at the very end that's not helping lol. Damn RNGsus at it again...

What's your favourite cards from the expansion so far?
Even if that's the case, it looks like it will be more skill-oriented because aggro/face decks (probably) won't be in the meta anymore, so not just any noob can do good.

Heh, so cool.

Why not put in a second one?

Weeeell, Polymorph: Boar is probably my favourite Hearthstone card out of all sets at the moment, there's some that are amazing but I won't use because I simply don't play their class (like Aviana and Varian Wrynn), so I won't include them, even though I like them and they're amazing. I don't know really.

I love Polymorph: Boar, Rhonin, Arcane Blast, Spellslinger. I also like the new hunter Beast cards like King's Elekk, Stablemaster, Ram Wrangler, as well as Lock and Load. Cutpurse and Burgle are pretty cool. Some of the sham cards too, like the Mistcaller and Healing Wave.
Although I don't think they're particularly cool, the Priest legendary and Flash Heal are great, and I do enjoy playing Priest. There's some cool random cards, like Justicar Trueheart, Nexus-Champion Saraad, Astral Communion.

There's some I love the art for but will probably never use, like Ball of Spiders, Grand Crusader, Chillmaw, Murloc Knight and Dreadsteed.

Youphemism

Even if that's the case, it looks like it will be more skill-oriented because aggro/face decks (probably) won't be in the meta anymore, so not just any noob can do good.

Heh, so cool.

Why not put in a second one?

Weeeell, Polymorph: Boar is probably my favourite Hearthstone card out of all sets at the moment, there's some that are amazing but I won't use because I simply don't play their class (like Aviana and Varian Wrynn), so I won't include them, even though I like them and they're amazing. I don't know really.

I love Polymorph: Boar, Rhonin, Arcane Blast, Spellslinger. I also like the new hunter Beast cards like King's Elekk, Stablemaster, Ram Wrangler, as well as Lock and Load. Cutpurse and Burgle are pretty cool. Some of the sham cards too, like the Mistcaller and Healing Wave.
Although I don't think they're particularly cool, the Priest legendary and Flash Heal are great, and I do enjoy playing Priest. There's some cool random cards, like Justicar Trueheart, Nexus-Champion Saraad, Astral Communion.

There's some I love the art for but will probably never use, like Ball of Spiders, Grand Crusader, Chillmaw, Murloc Knight and Dreadsteed.
I would put in a second one but I don't have one and not enough dust to enchant one lol.

So a Mage fan eh? Healing Wave looks mental actually, could be suuuuuuuuuuper clutch.

Ah that's cool :) Dreadsteed is interesting too, might make people think about silencing it or not.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
I would put in a second one but I don't have one and not enough dust to enchant one lol.

So a Mage fan eh? Healing Wave looks mental actually, could be suuuuuuuuuuper clutch.

Ah that's cool :) Dreadsteed is interesting too, might make people think about silencing it or not.
You can't get 40 dust? :/

Yep, Mage is my most played class, although I got a bit bored of them lately, so I've been playing Priest more than Mage. I play Mage, Priest, Shaman, Rogue and Hunter. I find Mage has a lot of cool and fun cards, compared to something like Priest. I have a lot of fun with Priest lately but it doesn't have many cool cards.

Yeah nice to see some good sham stuff, with Healing Wave and the Mistcaller.

I think a 1/1 is too little of a threat for Dreadsteed to be any good.

Youphemism

You can't get 40 dust? :/

Yep, Mage is my most played class, although I got a bit bored of them lately, so I've been playing Priest more than Mage. I play Mage, Priest, Shaman, Rogue and Hunter. I find Mage has a lot of cool and fun cards, compared to something like Priest. I have a lot of fun with Priest lately but it doesn't have many cool cards.

Yeah nice to see some good sham stuff, with Healing Wave and the Mistcaller.

I think a 1/1 is too little of a threat for Dreadsteed to be any good.
Well I could disenchant something but I don't know what to disenchant, I'd like to collect as much as possible lol.

I think Mage might be my most played too but I guess that just comes with having it forced on you from minute 1. I play Mage, Hunter, Warrior and a little Rogue. I want to get into Shaman but there's so much overload which sucks, though I'll get into it more after TGT is released #TotemGolemBoyz

Yeah we'll see how Dreadsteed turns out, probably too underwhelming to be that much of a threat.

Anbu

I really like Cutpurse, I feel it'll open up a lot more combo opportunities for less effort. What about Shado-Pan? 5 for 6/7 is great, especially when Rogue now has at least two 0 mana spells to combo into it :D I can see how Shady Dealer and Buccaneer might not appeal to you since they're more pirate-centric and Poisoned Blade since it's pure ass but what about Anub'arak and Beneath The Grounds? Maybe throw in some Nerubian Eggs to that deck? Build a Nerubian synergy deck? Undercity Valiant is at least better than Ironforge Rifleman and with turn 2 Cutpurse you could put out Valiant and another 2 drop or something turn 3. What's your opinion on Burgle?
Burgle is okay I guess but is to RNG based to be relied on every time so I don't know if it will see play. Cutpurse would be SOOOO much better if it gave you a coin with battlecry or on death rattle because it's pretty hard to keep a 2 health minion alive even on turn 2. I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope pirate rogue becomes a thing that would be my main deck for sure. As of right now Hunter is what I'm looking forward to the most it has so many cool and amazingly good cards that I'm looking forward to playing with.

Youphemism

Burgle is okay I guess but is to RNG based to be relied on every time so I don't know if it will see play. Cutpurse would be SOOOO much better if it gave you a coin with battlecry or on death rattle because it's pretty hard to keep a 2 health minion alive even on turn 2. I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope pirate rogue becomes a thing that would be my main deck for sure. As of right now Hunter is what I'm looking forward to the most it has so many cool and amazingly good cards that I'm looking forward to playing with.
Yeah probably too RNG based, but what you get might be fun. With Rogue I guess it could be a little easier, say turn two weapon clear board/minion then turn three deadly poison clear board cutpurse or something. Maybe something will come of it I dunno, give it charge somehow? Right now I've constructed an extremely mediocre Ship's Cannon Rogue so the more pirates I can get the better lmao. I think Hunter will become more interesting, Lock and Load is definitely a great card.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Well I could disenchant something but I don't know what to disenchant, I'd like to collect as much as possible lol.

I think Mage might be my most played too but I guess that just comes with having it forced on you from minute 1. I play Mage, Hunter, Warrior and a little Rogue. I want to get into Shaman but there's so much overload which sucks, though I'll get into it more after TGT is released #TotemGolemBoyz

Yeah we'll see how Dreadsteed turns out, probably too underwhelming to be that much of a threat.
Oh, fair enough.

Nice, nice.

Pretty bad imo.
Thoughtsteal is pretty good, Burgle might be too.

Agreed about Cutpurse.