What's new

Hearthstone Discussion

What's the most important pick in arena when it comes to the first 5 picks?

Removal spells, creatures which can trade 1-2 or even 1-3, lifegain cards, cards that buff your own minions, card draw stuff or are you trying to pick synergy cards which combo well?

On the first 5 picks I usually always go for removal first especially since all these expansions I rarely see any removals. When I see AOE damage I always pick it over anything except MK when I am Paladin of course. After that I am usually looking for card draw stuff. I do value those very high in arena since card advantage + a well drafted deck has won me so many games in arena. On the third place I do go for strong creatures which can trade well / good buff spells. While lifegain cards are pretty good in constructed I rarely go for them in arena, same goes for combo cards on the first 5 picks. After the first 5 or maybe let me better say 12+ picks I usually look for some of the other stuff which I didn't pick so often so yet.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
For the first 5 picks, pick the highest valued cards. This means stuff like Piloted Shredder, Truesilver, Consecration, Dire Wolf Alpha, Blessing of Kings, Murloc Knight, so on.
After that, for the next 10 picks begin constructing as close to a core as you can manage. This means rounding out your curve and ensuring you still have tons of value to go off of.
For the final 15, pick for cohesion. This means picking up more mechs if you have mech synergy cards, or more murlocs, or whatever else.

At least thats what I've seen.

What's your opinion on Nzoth, do you think this card is way too strong? It seems like decks build around this card can beat anything if Nzoth hits the board and there are not many cards which can actually give you the tempo / board control back. Having Sylvana, tirion or any other strong
deathrattle card back like this is pretty strong. It is currently one of the main cards I lose too in case the match comes to late game and most of the time I am ending up into late game because control decks are the main decks Im playing.

Hey guys. A couple year back I posted an imgur album of Mortal Kombat themed Hearthstone cards in this thread under a different account. Today for the first time, I decided to revisit them by changing some of the cards to feel more epic to today's standards and re-balance stats among others, as well as add Bo'Rai Cho as a new card.

http://imgur.com/a/Je5tJ

Enjoy, and if you have suggestions like an effect you think would suit a character better or balance changes, please let me know.

Hey guys. A couple year back I posted an imgur album of Mortal Kombat themed Hearthstone cards in this thread under a different account. Today for the first time, I decided to revisit them by changing some of the cards to feel more epic to today's standards and re-balance stats among others, as well as add Bo'Rai Cho as a new card.

http://imgur.com/a/Je5tJ

Enjoy, and if you have suggestions like an effect you think would suit a character better or balance changes, please let me know.
They're pretty damn cool. Balance could probably use a bit of work though. Pirate warriors killing you on turn 6 is already an issue. Imagine they go 4 drop goro into arcanite reaper. GG.

Also Liu kang freeze mage would give people the bizness. It's just an objectively better alexstraza. Also eliminates the need for antonidas/emperor so you can cycle more.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Ranked right now is just unplayable, typical pay to win crap. Why does noone experiment any more? What enjoyment do you get from netdecking?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
People like to win :p I've been playing N'Zoth warrior and it's really fun.
I mean that's fine and all but noone even bothers experimenting so it's just Quest deck after Quest deck into ridiculous shit that's insanely hard to deal with. I seriously can't seem to think of counters for Quest Rogue and Shaman at the very least.

What's the max of legendaries you have ever had in an arena draft?

I just drafted a deck 2 mins ago with Nzoth, the Shaman hero card ( couldve picked cairne here though ), Elise Trailblazer and Aya blackpaw. I also got 2 doppelgangsters lol. Hilarious, never had so many legendaries in one deck.

Billy Dha Kid

Day 1 phenomenal grab immune
What's the max of legendaries you have ever had in an arena draft?

I just drafted a deck 2 mins ago with Nzoth, the Shaman hero card ( couldve picked cairne here though ), Elise Trailblazer and Aya blackpaw. I also got 2 doppelgangsters lol. Hilarious, never had so many legendaries in one deck.
I think I had 3 at most but 2 of them sucked