What's new

Healing Wind (b1f1)

ZtrideRz

Noob
Kung Lao has been nerfed too much not to mention he has the hardest combos in the game to perform. Killed his damage his spins very unsafe now his dive kick is massively unsafe his teleport is useless easily punished by a simple uppercut.. they destroyed him he is no A class cyrax cyber sub mellina kitanna reptile nifhtwolf smoke are all miles better.

LEGEND

YES!
Kung Lao has been nerfed too much not to mention he has the hardest combos in the game to perform. Killed his damage his spins very unsafe now his dive kick is massively unsafe his teleport is useless easily punished by a simple uppercut.. they destroyed him he is no A class cyrax cyber sub mellina kitanna reptile nifhtwolf smoke are all miles better.
MY. . . . GOD. . . .

i don't. . . i mean shit dude, what planet do you come from?

gdf

Noob
Playing on stream, the distance of healing wind seems to catch opponents off guard.

And then following up with a low hat after that pushback. Because Kung Lao needs to go back to neutral in order to do a special move after the full healing wind. So I guess that pushback is a blessing in disguise.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
Playing on stream, the distance of healing wind seems to catch opponents off guard.

And then following up with a low hat after that pushback. Because Kung Lao needs to go back to neutral in order to do a special move after the full healing wind. So I guess that pushback is a blessing in disguise.
yep the distance is great and healing wind rules

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
Healing wind should be 15-20 frames instead of 29 or whatever it is would kinda help with low hitbox characters. It could be the speed of raidens B3

Is b1f1 hitconfirmable? I tried it and I think I am hitconfirming it but its just a lot harder than the 1121 string. I really like this string on blocked crossover oor jumpinpunches builds meter safely and the range it leaves you at is great for footsies

miloPKL

Is b1f1 hitconfirmable? I tried it and I think I am hitconfirming it but its just a lot harder than the 1121 string. I really like this string on blocked crossover oor jumpinpunches builds meter safely and the range it leaves you at is great for footsies
hit confirmable? what do you mean? if b1f1 connects you can cancel it into low hat or spin from the second and third hits and it will give your combo 1% higher damager than 21>combo and 2% more than 112>combo

MK_Al

Noob
hit confirmable? what do you mean?
Its pretty hard to wait weather the b1 connects and then go for the spin cancle or the block string. I personally have to comit to the spin to get the combo, so it's to risky for me to use.
I use the b1f1 mainly for corner combos:

b1f1, 2 exhat, spin, JK, DK, 1, 1, 24 1+3 2 (46%)... pretty nice for 1 bar
b1f1, b33 exhat, spin, JK, DK, 1, 1, 24 1+3 2 (43%)

I like the idea of using it as a whiff punisher, though it's a pretty slow move.

Also, after a blocked b1f1 standing 4 connects. It's a little bit faster than f2, but can be jumped (and therefore punished).

Its pretty hard to wait weather the b1 connects and then go for the spin cancle or the block string. I personally have to comit to the spin to get the combo, so it's to risky for me to use.
I use the b1f1 mainly for corner combos:

b1f1, 2 exhat, spin, JK, DK, 1, 1, 24 1+3 2 (46%)... pretty nice for 1 bar
b1f1, b33 exhat, spin, JK, DK, 1, 1, 24 1+3 2 (43%)

I like the idea of using it as a whiff punisher, though it's a pretty slow move.

Also, after a blocked b1f1 standing 4 connects. It's a little bit faster than f2, but can be jumped (and therefore punished).
Im pretty sure b1f1 is hitconfirmable just input b1 and f1 and when the b1 hits you can cancel the f1 halfway into spin. And about whif punishing, for whiff punishing you really need something fast with a good range, the whiffe punisher I use are:

- dive kick or ex dive kick if Im sure I can whiff punish it with full combo
- ex spin 9 frames with good range
- f3 the roll
-24 for close whiffs, 24 has great range imo.

Edit: you have to input the spin before the f1 animation starts though, but you can use the whole animation of b1 which is pretty long to see whether it hit or not.

hit confirmable? what do you mean? if b1f1 connects you can cancel it into low hat or spin from the second and third hits and it will give your combo 1% higher damager than 21>combo and 2% more than 112>combo
Hit confirm means that you can wait and see whether the attack hits or not and if it hits you are able to cancel it into an attack of choice. In this case I want to wait and see if the b1f1 hits and chain a spin into it for a full combo. But I am pretty sure I can confirm the b1f1 around the beginning of f1.

miloPKL

Hit confirm means that you can wait and see whether the attack hits or not and if it hits you are able to cancel it into an attack of choice. In this case I want to wait and see if the b1f1 hits and chain a spin into it for a full combo. But I am pretty sure I can confirm the b1f1 around the beginning of f1.
yes i know what it means but i was not sure what you meant because its clearly hit confirmable regardless of what that other dude said, haha.

yes i know what it means but i was not sure what you meant because its clearly hit confirmable regardless of what that other dude said, haha.
Lol, well yeah it was just a random question I had, I was messing with it in training mode, but I am gonna implement it into my gameplay after crossovers.

miloPKL

yes to reach true max damage i suggest you always always go to healing wind after a successful jip

yes to reach true max damage i suggest you always always go to healing wind after a successful jip
Actually I could care less about the extra raw damage off of that combo. the reason I am gonna use it is because I want to do more chip if that string gets blocked and I can get more meter out of it. I also prefer the range it leaves you at, outside of poke range because lao's pokes lose against the majority of the top characters.

MK_Al

Noob
Im pretty sure b1f1 is hitconfirmable just input b1 and f1 and when the b1 hits you can cancel the f1 halfway into spin. And about whif punishing, for whiff punishing you really need something fast with a good range, the whiffe punisher I use are:

- dive kick or ex dive kick if Im sure I can whiff punish it with full combo
- ex spin 9 frames with good range
- f3 the roll
-24 for close whiffs, 24 has great range imo.

Edit: you have to input the spin before the f1 animation starts though, but you can use the whole animation of b1 which is pretty long to see whether it hit or not.
Well I can hitconfirm the b1f1 after JIP, but I'm to slow when just starting with b1f1. I mean I do get it sometimes, but the risk of getting full combo punished when wiffing the spin is to high for me compared to 3% more damage in case it works.
Regarding whiff punish, I only recommend DK when the opponent whiffs a string and the hit is guaranteed, not for making a read on d3/d4/... While DK works well on intermediate player, the top player at the WGC12 completely blew me up for using it.

Altaire

Noob
I thought 2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1........ was safe on block as well? I could swear that was one of his buffs, and arguably a big one at that.
Yes and no. It wasn't really a buff OR a nerf, per se. Before the patch, you could just do 2 1 2 1 2 and cancel it into low hat for the same amount of chip/meter, and that also made it almost completely safe on block. When the low hat was nerfed, they buffed 2 1 2 1 2 itself to compensate. Using 2 1 2 1 2 now is more or less the same as using 2 1 2 1 2 low hat before the patch, albeit with more pushback on block.

MK_Al

Noob
Yes and no. It wasn't really a buff OR a nerf, per se. Before the patch, you could just do 2 1 2 1 2 and cancel it into low hat for the same amount of chip/meter, and that also made it almost completely safe on block. When the low hat was nerfed, they buffed 2 1 2 1 2 itself to compensate. Using 2 1 2 1 2 now is more or less the same as using 2 1 2 1 2 low hat before the patch, albeit with more pushback on block.
The string is not (completely) safe on block; it's punishable with fast specials, and, according to Tom Brady (which i feel is reliable), by dashing in and using fast startup strings. See UFG KL guide 2.0. Though noone punished me for using it so far.

if i recall correctly, you could jump out of the low hat ender, i didnt play lao at the time so i might be wrong.