What's new

Healing Wind (b1f1)

Well I can hitconfirm the b1f1 after JIP, but I'm to slow when just starting with b1f1. I mean I do get it sometimes, but the risk of getting full combo punished when wiffing the spin is to high for me compared to 3% more damage in case it works.
Regarding whiff punish, I only recommend DK when the opponent whiffs a string and the hit is guaranteed, not for making a read on d3/d4/... While DK works well on intermediate player, the top player at the WGC12 completely blew me up for using it.
yes thats how dive kick should be used as a wfiff punish, I still can't believe people dont use ex dive kick for a full combo punish.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
The string is not (completely) safe on block; it's punishable with fast specials, and, according to Tom Brady (which i feel is reliable), by dashing in and using fast startup strings. See UFG KL guide 2.0. Though noone punished me for using it so far.
Probably punishable by the gap between the last two hits.

Altaire

Noob
The string is not (completely) safe on block; it's punishable with fast specials, and, according to Tom Brady (which i feel is reliable), by dashing in and using fast startup strings. See UFG KL guide 2.0. Though noone punished me for using it so far.
Uh, that was also true of the old low hat. It was -8 on block. I don't think anyone realized that Sektor and Sonya could technically blow him up for full combos after a blocked low hat, even before the patch. The only difference then is that you didn't have to dash to connect with them.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yes and no. It wasn't really a buff OR a nerf, per se. Before the patch, you could just do 2 1 2 1 2 and cancel it into low hat for the same amount of chip/meter, and that also made it almost completely safe on block. When the low hat was nerfed, they buffed 2 1 2 1 2 itself to compensate. Using 2 1 2 1 2 now is more or less the same as using 2 1 2 1 2 low hat before the patch, albeit with more pushback on block.
No, it was 100% a buff, because 21212 xx low hat could be jumped out of for a full combo. 21212 couldn't be jumped, but was unsafe. Now it is a great deal safer to use vs certain characters.

Altaire

Noob
No, it was 100% a buff, because 21212 xx low hat could be jumped out of for a full combo. 21212 couldn't be jumped, but was unsafe. Now it is a great deal safer to use vs certain characters.
I actually had no idea you could jump out of it, that's interesting.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
If low hat recovery stayed the same as it was pre-patch, it wouldn't have saved 21212 xx low hat. People would be jumping out of it all the time anyway by now.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
safe pressure option

i think a lot people are frustrated that low hat was nerfed and now when KL ends a pressure string with it he gets blown up. its annoying getting in and landing a blockstring only to be put at 0 advantage and pitting yourself at the risk of a counter combo taking your life. we already know healing wind grants max damage if only by 1 or 2%, we also know it builds as much meter as a full blocked windy palm. healing wind is also hit confirmable so its no gamble when you convert it to a spind combo. therefore i propose that one should make much more effort to use this after every successful JIP or tele3. if they dont block youve added more damage to your combo. if they block, youve built meter and healing wind has pushed you back to a safe distance where any normal attack cant punish you. youre at 0 but further away which is exactly where KL thrives in my experience and playstyle. being just outside sweep and dancing between just inside and just outside jump distance playing a tight footsie game is what i like best these days. of course with the healthy mix up JIP/tele3 > 24, this strategy will be very effective imo. some of you might be doing this already, but im still not seeing happen online or on streams (my only mk interaction here in australia).

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
You know its funny, B1F1 is deceptively slow. But apparently its only 8 frames of execution....so its faster than standing 1 jab. I agree with x5iVE_STAR, we should be using it more often that 212121.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
You know its funny, B1F1 is deceptively slow. But apparently its only 8 frames of execution....so its faster than standing 1 jab. I agree with x5iVE_STAR, we should be using it more often that 212121.
bro you misread the frame data. it has 20+ (24?) frames start up which is why it should be set up and not just thrown out willy nilly