What's new

he needs it (Johnny cage!!)

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
LMAO at Cage needing a buff! He has God-tier rush-downs so it should be hard for him to get in because once he gets in that fucker is not going anywhere. Good Cages find ways to get in. He'll chip away half your life before you realize oh shit I better move. Then you try to move away or hit him with a quick attack and get juggled and punched in the crotch. Then he chips away at you some more shoots some green stuff and yells "watch this!" then he either chips away at you some more or if you're stupid enough to move he juggles you again and gives you one more nut/vagina punch for the win. If he gets you in the corner and the player knows what they're doing you might as well put your controller down.

I am finding good Cage players are evolving and really learning how to be effective against zoners. I main Mileena so she can't do much to get him off but it's up to me to figure out away and I have not been successful yet lol. I'm not really big on buffs or nerfs I think the characters are fine. But I never though I'd hear a player who mains someone with frame traps would call for a buff.

I agree. I'm finding Cage to be cheap, but he is so much fun to play as. I have yet to adapt to the spam wall, but I'll get there.

LMAO at Cage needing a buff! He has God-tier rush-downs so it should be hard for him to get in because once he gets in that fucker is not going anywhere. Good Cages find ways to get in. He'll chip away half your life before you realize oh shit I better move. Then you try to move away or hit him with a quick attack and get juggled and punched in the crotch. Then he chips away at you some more shoots some green stuff and yells "watch this!" then he either chips away at you some more or if you're stupid enough to move he juggles you again and gives you one more nut/vagina punch for the win. If he gets you in the corner and the player knows what they're doing you might as well put your controller down.

I am finding good Cage players are evolving and really learning how to be effective against zoners. I main Mileena so she can't do much to get him off but it's up to me to figure out away and I have not been successful yet lol. I'm not really big on buffs or nerfs I think the characters are fine. But I never though I'd hear a player who mains someone with frame traps would call for a buff.
Cage is the ultimate troll character, once you get your life bar chipped away, he just smiles and puts on his sparkling sunglasses. :cool:

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.

have you played with cage offline or are you basing all your exp online? because anyone can get out of cages pressure thats good offline, his pressure isn't what it used to be, its still the best in the game, but he doesn't have a real frama trap any more, you can jump away or armor his ex forcetraps, he is only plus on block on 11f1 sweep and ex forceballs and has top 5 footsies and no safe specials. will all that said he still struggles against GOOD and smart zoners, not to mention half the cast has armor now, look at all his bad matches. imo he is 15th because all he has is rushdown, and its not like he's leagues ahead of sonya's rush down imo. if he were to get a buff my ? is what would you give him? that is the purpose of the thread, if you read my post i clearly stated i wasn't asking for one, i was just making a thread for thought on what the cage forums would like to make cage top 5 or something. i like the nutpunch hitting low, it makes sense to but sadly it doesn't.

one more thing, if anyone heard the latest brady cast were he has saying that with the inclusion of armor to half the cast that it down graded sub zero, do you guy think it also effected cage? i mean if you have armor its a get out of jail card against cage so theoretically it would also effect his rushdown imo. if you agree or disagree post away!!!!

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
have you played with cage offline or are you basing all your exp online? because anyone can get out of cages pressure thats good offline, his pressure isn't what it used to be, its still the best in the game, but he doesn't have a real frama trap any more, you can jump away or armor his ex forcetraps, he is only plus on block on 11f1 sweep and ex forceballs and has top 5 footsies and no safe specials. will all that said he still struggles against GOOD and smart zoners, not to mention half the cast has armor now, look at all his bad matches. imo he is 15th because all he has is rushdown, and its not like he's leagues ahead of sonya's rush down imo. if he were to get a buff my ? is what would you give him? that is the purpose of the thread, if you read my post i clearly stated i wasn't asking for one, i was just making a thread for thought on what the cage forums would like to make cage top 5 or something. i like the nutpunch hitting low, it makes sense to but sadly it doesn't.

one more thing, if anyone heard the latest brady cast were he has saying that with the inclusion of armor to half the cast that it down graded sub zero, do you guy think it also effected cage? i mean if you have armor its a get out of jail card against cage so theoretically it would also effect his rushdown imo. if you agree or disagree post away!!!!
You have to look at the whole package. Cage has incredible footsies, b3 and f3 are ridiculous, so one false step and you're getting blown up by cage. His rushdown is the best in the game. Surely if you jip 11f1 after a nut punch you're always guarenteed a f3 follow up unless your opponent has armour, and even then, a lot of armoured moves can be baited and punished because you should know the holes in your own offensive plan better than your opponent, so if he's looking for windows to fit an armoured move in, the cage player should know what those are. He's not going to armour out if you're doing, f3, d3, f32, 11, f3 etc, etc, is he? He's going toarmour when you're getting ready to go for f3 after a 11f1 or an ex forceballtrap after f33.

Cage is also very fast and canclose distance with jump in kicks into f3, nutpunch on hit.

I don't know, I am learning the character and he's pretty stupid, imo. Doesn't need a buff.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Armour isn't a problem for JC imo. I've come to learn he can d1 most armour moves excepts overheads. He's cheap, but not to the point of needing nerfs. Any good zoner can win a match against Cage, ex shadow kick isn't the answer I'm learning. It can be ducked and punished smh.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Armour isn't a problem for JC imo. I've come to learn he can d1 most armour moves excepts overheads. He's cheap, but not to the point of needing nerfs. Any good zoner can win a match against Cage, ex shadow kick isn't the answer I'm learning. It can be ducked and punished smh.
Just do it to get a lifelead against anybody who tries tozone out of the traps and then do one to the other side of the screen.

Zyphox

You have to look at the whole package. Cage has incredible footsies, b3 and f3 are ridiculous, so one false step and you're getting blown up by cage. His rushdown is the best in the game. Surely if you jip 11f1 after a nut punch you're always guarenteed a f3 follow up unless your opponent has armour, and even then, a lot of armoured moves can be baited and punished because you should know the holes in your own offensive plan better than your opponent, so if he's looking for windows to fit an armoured move in, the cage player should know what those are. He's not going to armour out if you're doing, f3, d3, f32, 11, f3 etc, etc, is he? He's going toarmour when you're getting ready to go for f3 after a 11f1 or an ex forceballtrap after f33.

Cage is also very fast and canclose distance with jump in kicks into f3, nutpunch on hit.

I don't know, I am learning the character and he's pretty stupid, imo. Doesn't need a buff.
11f1 after jumpin punch only works if they attack or block, they can jump away easily from the push back unless in the corner, 11f1 is +3 on block and f3 is a 9 frama move, it only takes 4 frames to jump back. hell i bet u can dash back and wiff punish a f3 after 11f1 i will try it tonight. i agree that he has the best rushdown and i know how to cover holes, if you read my post i stated that am not asking for a buff, this is just fun speculation to find out wanted buffs from the community if you dont think at top 15 character needs a buff thats you. cage is my main and always have been always will be, just all the bad match-ups that cage has, problems against zoners, marvaz is right, cage pre patch was good, such dominate rushdown where it truely was once i get in your dead, current cage is your in against a good player and hes out with either armor or or a good guess and then you have to work in again. maybe if he had a sonya like recovery to his fireball would help him out, idk thats what the thread is for and if u dont think he needs a buff than thats you, no problem with that. :cool:

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
But surely if the cage player reads a jump out after 11f1 they just dash 1 AA you and you're back to where you started?

Zyphox

You cant jump out 11f1. F3 will catch you jumping.
you can jump after 11f1 you just have to jump backwards go ahead and try if you have two controllers or a friend, if you try to cross over or njp then you will get caught. jumping back is 4-5 frames there is a 6-7 frame window for you to get out a move, armor and spin can catch if your one frame off and it will randomly trade with spin and sektors jab.

guys ... ah god ... look even if u don't wanna agree .. it just works like that : the only thing that need buffs is we "players" and the only thing that needs nerfs is "our laziness" !!! cage is not top 15 ??? who is in top 15 then ? sheeva ? subzero ? nightwolf ? ? jade ? baraka ? omg ... you guys really have to stop it .. every one thinks his main is the weakest char in the game, which makes the whole roster " the weakest char in the game". I say one thing .. learn to learn and learn how to stop complaining and learn how to make every lose a future win

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
This thread is ridiculous.

Also, you cannot jump out after 11f1 if its a well-timed F3, as others have said. If people are successfully jumping out on you after 11f1 you are pressing F3 too late.

This thread is ridiculous.

Also, you cannot jump out after 11f1 if its a well-timed F3, as others have said. If people are successfully jumping out on you after 11f1 you are pressing F3 too late.
u could also be improperly spaced going into 11f1

Zyphox

its seems everyone here is thinking that cage needs a buff or that am asking for it. smh i clearly stated this is pure discussion among cage players on things you would LIKE to see cage have to be pushed top tier. if you think he already is top tier thats fine, if you think he's OP fine. i feel like so many cage haters find it rediculous that he even needs buffs because they get there asses handed to them by cage or they dont wear sunglasses as efficiently as cage does :) I personally think cage is 15th and at this point it doesn't matter if he gets a buff or not i just wanted to know what the cage forum might have thought was a good idea to add to cage to make him top 5......:cool:

the red kick should be full armor, i dont know why they changed that. thats all they should change back.

edit: hedoesnt need anything else. hes the ultimate counterpick against characters that have good rushdown and those that cannot zone him properly

Zyphox

all right i have an idea how about a faster recovery to 132? and have it the 2 hit mid :) so you can do 132 d1 1 2 44 nutpunch trololol orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr f2 hits mid so you can f2 ex forceball into pressure.......I DEMAND MORE MIDS HAAHAHAHAHHA!!

so you can hit d1 after 132 but the timing is really strict (corner)

Death

Noob
I can see cage/sonya strugging against high level kenshis. Kenshis safe armor really hurts this MU. One shoulder charge and you gotta go through the gauntlet all over again. Fighting a kenshi who knows what they are doing is a nightmare.

Yeah, Kenshi, Kabal, Reptile, and Sub are the only matches are struggle with. I don't mind the Kitana or Noob matchup now.