What's new

he needs it (Johnny cage!!)

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i think it would be an interesting idea to discuss possible buffs/nerfs to a certain character that would put said character up a couple of tiers or down a couple. this is not to rant or complain or ask for said buffs, but just to discuss some ideas that could be possible and make said character higher up. i will start with cage since he is my main and imo not even top 15. i think cages rushdown if the best pure rushdown in the game at the moment, but a lot of the cast can give cage a super hard time, make him work harder because cage doesn't have the tools to get in like a teleport or a decent projectile. not only that, but a lot of characters now have armor and can escape cages pressure even faster, and people have cage exp and know that at some point you can get out of cages pressure and he has to work back into again. my first idea to make cage at least top 10 would be to make his red kick super armor all the way through, but not only that, but it knock him down within sweep distance so that you can actually get pressure on someone. now you can disagree with me that cage doesn't need anything, fine post a reply discussing why he doesn't need it and if you think he's top 15 or top 10 post that too. i made this also because i feel cage forum is a little dead and it would be nice to hear some people's opinion on the subject :)

oh and if anyone of other character forums want to use this idea go right ahead, i would but i have almost no good knowledge on any character outside cage really :'( :cool:

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
He may not be even top 10, but I think he only truly loses to Kabal now.

Once you refine the way you play him he's rediculous.

IF there was any way to give him something extra back, it'd be F32 comboing into nutpunch again, or being able to land F33 on an airbourne opponent and catch them with another F3 nutpunch afterwards to stay on top of them.

As well as properly functioning armour on his shadow kick, that move is too important to have a random factor

Zyphox

IF there was any way to give him something extra back, it'd be F32 comboing into nutpunch again, or being able to land F33 on an airbourne opponent and catch them with another F3 nutpunch afterwards to stay on top of them.
you don't think he loses to kenshi? or kitana? even noob might be 5.5, it just seems cage for me has to work so hard in a match up like those, and kenshi armors through everything i have no answer except get in do one f33exballs try to bait an armor move and repeat. but i would love f32 nutpunch, sometimes i use f3 2 in game and wish i could combo into nutpunch. also what if he kept the sweep into combos? that would be sick and basically force everyone to low block you. :cool:

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Kenshi rapes Cage.
Kenshi will rape a stupid Cage who is overly aggressive or predictable in the footsie game, once Cage gets in its game over.

Kitana isnt anywhere near as hard as you'd think it is.
Noob is probably a 5-5 since Cage can JK nutpunch any clone from a lil further than jump distance, once Cage touches him he's dead.

Maybe making his B2 the same speed as ermacs unblockable would be cool too, or at least (lets say) 9 frames longer than the nutpunch advantage so he can actually use it effectively

Saint

Noob

As well as properly functioning armour on his shadow kick, that move is too important to have a random factor
Could you elaborate on your f33 to f3 nutpunch? You can already f3, f3 nutpunch, what difference would there be except for the damage increase?

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Yeah the only time I had it not work was traveled too far (armor ran out) or the meter drain glitch. And any ex move the meter drain glitch can happen so that's not ex shadow kick specific.

Zyphox

Kenshi will rape a stupid Cage who is overly aggressive or predictable in the footsie game, once Cage gets in its game over.

Noob is probably a 5-5 since Cage can JK nutpunch any clone from a lil further than jump distance, once Cage touches him he's dead.

Maybe making his B2 the same speed as ermacs unblockable would be cool too, or at least (lets say) 9 frames longer than the nutpunch advantage so he can actually use it effectively
the kenshi match up you have to play it like you said, a stupid cage would get destroyed and only a stupid kenshi would let you destroy him upclose, kenshi has armor up his ass so you will definitely need to be getting in a few times against a good kenshi, and thats why i have it at 6-4 kenshi

Saint

Noob

JK, f3 nutpunch, very very dirty :p Can't remember where I learnt it but it's fucking money!

Zyphox

I got your point but how would that help cage is what I'm asking
sometimes when your opponent think youre just going to f3, f3, f3 all day he will try to cross over with get caught by f33 but u cant do anything except watch him fall, unless it had a faster recovery, so that u can d1 or f3 into nutpunch :cool:

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Have you played Pig Of The Hut 's Kenshi?

Getting in will likely net you a win. Problem is, that's probably not going to happen against a good Kenshi.
Kenshi cant just shoulder Cage all day though, since Cage has a shadow kick that he can punish with if Kenshi misses a shoulder, as well as on reaction to mid OH slash. It also has more range than the shoulder. Obviously its not the game plan, but will make them respect it at least, hesitate at the wrong time and Cage is in.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I got your point but how would that help cage is what I'm asking
Its basically just another scenario where you could hit confirm into nutpunch.

It'd be nice to have but not needed, because he has moves you can use if you think the opponent will try to jump out, F33 isnt one of them unless you're in the corner.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
I am surprised more people don't rate Johnny Cage. I think he's disgusting. Best footsies character in all honesty. One spacing error against Cage is all it takes.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
I just picked up Cage and I must say he is definitely really good. Underrated in my opinion. Once your in it's all up to you and your choices and nothing else. I'm also loving b3 as a anti air. It's the most consistent one on most of the characters I think.

LMAO at Cage needing a buff! He has God-tier rush-downs so it should be hard for him to get in because once he gets in that fucker is not going anywhere. Good Cages find ways to get in. He'll chip away half your life before you realize oh shit I better move. Then you try to move away or hit him with a quick attack and get juggled and punched in the crotch. Then he chips away at you some more shoots some green stuff and yells "watch this!" then he either chips away at you some more or if you're stupid enough to move he juggles you again and gives you one more nut/vagina punch for the win. If he gets you in the corner and the player knows what they're doing you might as well put your controller down.

I am finding good Cage players are evolving and really learning how to be effective against zoners. I main Mileena so she can't do much to get him off but it's up to me to figure out away and I have not been successful yet lol. I'm not really big on buffs or nerfs I think the characters are fine. But I never though I'd hear a player who mains someone with frame traps would call for a buff.