What's new

General/Other HAWKGIRL V1.04 Patch Notes

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
This game is very matchup based so far, a good amount of characters have bad matchups which sucks but that doesnt seem like something that theyll fix.
Having a secondary doesnt hurt, but so far I havent really felt like there's an unwinnable matchup (sinestro with trait up is the only scenario where I feel helpless as Hawkgirl, everything else i can work around.)

Wont say no to some buffs though thats for sure lol.

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
This game is very matchup based so far, a good amount of characters have bad matchups which sucks but that doesnt seem like something that theyll fix.
Having a secondary doesnt hurt, but so far I havent really felt like there's an unwinnable matchup (sinestro with trait up is the only scenario where I feel helpless as Hawkgirl, everything else i can work around.)

Wont say no to some buffs though thats for sure lol.
Ikr same about Sinestro...I only worry about Supes and GL when i get impatient but Sinestro is bad all around for me

How is being punishable by 2 moves in the game a real nerf? cmon now lol. The MB MC buff is HUGE, now we have a semi-legit way in against alot of characters.

I cant play right now but can someone try this combo after MB'd MC in the corner

MC (MB) f13 b1 WE3 f13 f13 WE3

Add some BS before the MC if you want like 22 or w/e.
I totally agree. We now have a near full screen legit way of getting in off of MC MB advantage on block being at +7. I thought blocked We2 was fun? This is gonna be real fun.

Sadly eternal, MC MB F13 B1 will not work. Off a WE2 corner hit confirm, you can do MC MB F13x3 for 40% but thats it. Better off doing B1>WE3 loops straight up. MC MB grounds the opponent so hard and is only really practical in a combo if done early. The most utility I can see in it for corner combos is off a naked MC close to corner that connects or off a F11 punish in the corner because it is now very easy to get 51%.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Hmmm...I will say I'm not pleased with MC being -4 on block, I mean it's not salt worthy but it's certainly not desirable. I am pleased with the MC~MB...however I rarely use it (I'm a meter hoarder). I can't seem to land this alleged MC~MB, 4,2~D3...

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Also...IMO, she goes even with DS and WW...I've mostly struggled against Sinestro and 1 REALLY good Lex I played.

regulas

Your Emporer
DS is the only Match-up I actually dislike. Also with flight we have some match-ups that other people must hate.

Sinestro is hard but he is much more punishable/baitable. Fear Blast (non-mB at least) is punishable by MC (except at absolute max range) for example, and if you air MC you can potentially avoid asteroids and close the gap, so on and so fourth.

Lex, you just have to play very aggressive, he's only hard if you let him build momentum.

GL I find obnoxious no matter who I'm playing. So I counterpick Sinestro and then I just cheese him out because that's what you deserve for playing GL.

I havn't played WW in awhile.

But ya this is a buff that is well worth it. I see no reason to complain.

Reactions: Tan

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
Can we get a confirm here on this? So some stages have higher roofs?
Yea thats what im getting at, short Stages like Themscyria are short so he can get her, but Strykers Block is very tall...thats the one I tested it on..my bad I should have been more specific..I was just excited to get out of that tele bs and report it :p

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
GL is annoying but beatable, and against HG he has to be smart with b1 since she can punish the string followups. The only matchups I feel are really fucked are DS and Batgirl. Fair enough since she bodies Grundy and KF pretty well.

I can't seem to land this alleged MC~MB, 4,2~D3...
Well, it's not easy as before because the timing is different than before.

Before, I would press 4 immediately after MB and I would see HG flying and then I'd tack on the 2,D3. Now, you're basically guessing the flying part happened and then you're doing 2,D3.

Best way I would describe doing it, is press trait after the MB portion of the MC MB begins it's animation. Then press 2,D3 right after that as her mace comes down for the MB. If you do MC MB then trait by itself, you'll know she was flying because she'll land with her wings fluttering like she came from unflying a flight. That tiny little section where you were in the air before you fluttered to the ground is where the 2,D3 has to fit. It's probably easier to just practice doing the trait after MC MB and then mashing D3 to see it connect and then the light in your head will go off like "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! That's where it is!".

At least that's how it was for me.

EDIT* You know what? Fuck that shit from the 3rd paragraph. After you MC MB and press trait, hold up and you'll fly a bit. Then do 2,D3. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY easier.

Sinestro isn't actually too bad IMO. Granted, it requires adopting a play style very dissimilar to what one would generally use, but it's manageable - only slightly in his favour overall.

I'm really excited about the Mace Charge MB business tbh, especially given that Hawkgirl builds up meter really quickly. :)

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Sinestro is the only match up that I think is truly problematic for her.

I must be missing something on Lex because I think that's even and my matches with Revolver and other Lex players have never seemed to be anywhere near bad at all, I feel like when I lost I actually got outplayed and it was not the match up.

Green Lantern and DS are losing, but not that bad in my opinion more 4-6 than anything same goes for Wonder Woman.

Batgirl is a problem although she'll probably evolve to be more like Wonder Woman in terms of how bad the match up is, we just need some time to figure her out I think.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Batgirl is stupid coz of her teleport. a tracking move that comes from above and you cant beat it if you know its coming like say WW's air charging move or DD's supernova. You just get snatched.

Not only does it negate flight but you cant even jump as she can teleport punish you on reaction coz Hawky's jump is that slow/floaty.

So now you're like "ok so the air is a no-no, guess I'll stay on the ground and throw maces". NOPE, teleport punishes that on reaction too. And even without that she can duck it and then bolo punish into whatever.

Dont forget that she can teleport from the ground, air and even off of one of her specials..

Fuck batgirl, her teleport is one of the stupidest moves in the whole game. That shit is too fast and shouldnt track. If it was like Raven's Pillars or Cyborg's missiles I'd understand. 3/4 set ranges and you have to make a read and aim accordingly, with spots that you cant catch so you have to take risks to get the right spacing. This tracking garbage is fraudulent as fuck and unbalanced.. but I dont see NRS fixing her anytime soon coz they dont know shit about balancing =__=

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
It's a shitty matchup, so deal with it because Hawkgirl gives certain characters absolute hell herself. Should they nerf fly because Grundy, KF and ignorant players have a lot of trouble with it?

I agree with you guys that this MB MC "buff" dies not change anything. I still disagree with match ups and tier, but that's another thread. The MB MC is not necessary and does not make her better.

The angle change is the problem. She should still float as high as she used to, just speed it up a few frames if they wanted to guarantee the connection for combos (her MB scales hard in combos anyways) and increase the hit box if they wanted it to hit overhead on all crouching hurt boxes. NRS needs help balancing games. Her flight cancel for MB MC confused people in it's original state due to it's height. Now that's gone. If they wanted to make it more safe, make it less negative. the frame data on it is wrong anyways bc it's positive.

Also aesthetically speaking, it just looks bad.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Because she should have gotten buffs. This doesn't help the GL, Sinestro, or Deadpool match-up. And as long as those match-ups are as bad as they are now, she can never be MY main if I want to do well at a tournament. I absolutely hate switching characters from my main because of match-ups that are absolutely ridiculous. I want to know I have a chance to at least win 1 round, and switch after round 2. I'm not winning round 1 against those 3 characters if the players behind them are remotely decent.

Note: Unless they have a hidden buff, Mace toss is still garbage, unfly recovery still sucks, and her dash/walk/fly still is too slow. She has no advancing move to deal with projectiles.
Hawkgirls actually been in some of the top winners and finals matches in the recent tourneys. Its how you use the character broski

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Link to said tourneys? o_o i wanna see some high level hawky play.
its not a stream. its the notes i see from the main page forum. ill have to find it for you tomorrow.
i think one of the more recent tourneys, maybe last week, a Hawkgirl was used in was used by someone in the top 5 if not 3.
ill have to find it if i can though. there wasnt video unfortunately

regulas

Your Emporer
She is used but often as a secondary pick rather then a main.

The thing to remember: what makes top tier characters right now top tier is there Safety not Power. The safer you are the less overall knowledge you need.

I agree with you guys that this MB MC "buff" dies not change anything. I still disagree with match ups and tier, but that's another thread. The MB MC is not necessary and does not make her better.

The angle change is the problem. She should still float as high as she used to, just speed it up a few frames if they wanted to guarantee the connection for combos (her MB scales hard in combos anyways) and increase the hit box if they wanted it to hit overhead on all crouching hurt boxes. NRS needs help balancing games. Her flight cancel for MB MC confused people in it's original state due to it's height. Now that's gone. If they wanted to make it more safe, make it less negative. the frame data on it is wrong anyways bc it's positive.
I will admit she has a lot of awkwardly tight timings like her 50% mid combo's.

But I just had to point out your argument against the change is that the timings are now different, which doesn't mean anything in terms of it's power, just that you have to learn how to do something again.

MB MC is now a method for engaging that is more reliable then almost any other method.