What's new

General/Other HAWKGIRL V1.04 Patch Notes

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
Hawkgirl

Hawkgirl’s Mace Charge attack had its block advantage reduced to -4. The Mace Charge Meter Burn is now an overhead attack and hits crouching opponents more consistently.

Please contribute anything about this recent patch you've heard involving our flighty fighter ^_^

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Mace charge is anywhere between -2 to -5 on block. Superman can punish with super. As can Hawkgirl.

The second hit of the MB mace charge has been sped up significantly. Frame data says +7 on block, which I question. You can still do MB mace charge 4 stomp on the corner.

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
I heard she got overhead buff...exactly which one though

Yea I made a thread instead of waiting for notes and of course people are going crazy but it's at least legit concern about the game

Frame data says +7 on block, which I question.
Maybe you should actually test it. Because it's true. I just interrupted Flash's flying uppercut (6 frames) with my own d1. And it was a clean interruption.

You can still do MB mace charge 4 stomp on the corner.
Did you actually test this or did someone tell you that? Because I've been fucking with it all day and you can't fly after MC MB anywhere. The MB drops you like a rock to the ground. It's because of that drop that you can combo after it standing in the corner.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Did you actually test this or did someone tell you that? Because I've been fucking with it all day and you can't fly after MC MB anywhere. The MB drops you like a rock to the ground. It's because of that drop that you can combo after it standing in the corner.
The combo still works, but it does not matter anyway as you can now do MB mace charge f+1,3 in the corner.

Espio

Kokomo
https://www.injustice.com/en/news/injustice-patch-v104-release-notes

So Mace charge is -4 now, which isn't a big deal considering very few things can actually punish it. What I'm interested to play around with is MB mace charge because with it hitting crouching opponents more consistently means it can be used with less fear because it whiffed a lot and you're open to full combo.

That fix means on hit you get 21% and on block that frame advantage is nice :).

I'm sure most know already, but just wanted to chime in on the thread.

You can MC MB F13 32 MC MB for 45%.

There's a couple more in the combo thread I found.

Oh I like this, thanks :).

Reactions: Tan

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Not sure if this is the end for my short HG life. This is disappointing to say the least. Unless there's more information on unknown changes I'm not aware of, this sucks...

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
Ok so after fighting some Scorps I notice he can't do SHIT to her in the air, but she has to be at her highest peak in the air though..this *might* be more winnable than with Batgirl because at least she can shut down all of your air options.

Espio

Kokomo
Not sure if this is the end for my short HG life. This is disappointing to say the least. Unless there's more information on unknown changes I'm not aware of, this sucks...

How does it suck? It's -4, which is safe against 99% of moves in the game and the moves it is not safe against can only be used with all four bars of super meter and you could just MB mace charge if you're scared of getting super comboed since it's plus on block MB'd.

On top of that they made MB mace charge more consistent and it has an overhead, which before you were likely to eat a full combo when it whiffed quite often so I never used it much, but now it's more reliable and plus on block.

That "nerf" isn't even a real nerf it's so light and on top of that she got a buff so really she came out ahead, I'm really not understanding how or why this sucks.

D_Matt_Ma

How does it suck? It's -4, which is safe against 99% of moves in the game and the moves it is not safe against can only be used with all four bars of super meter and on top of that you could just MB mace charge if you're scared of getting super comboed since it's plus on block MB'd.

On top of that they made MB mace charge more consistent and it has an overhead, which before you were likely to eat a full combo when it whiffed quite often so I never used it much, but now it's more reliable and plus on block.

That "nerf" isn't even a real nerf it's so light and on top of that she got a buff so really she came out ahead, I'm really not understanding how or why this sucks.
Because she should have gotten buffs. This doesn't help the GL, Sinestro, or Deadpool match-up. And as long as those match-ups are as bad as they are now, she can never be MY main if I want to do well at a tournament. I absolutely hate switching characters from my main because of match-ups that are absolutely ridiculous. I want to know I have a chance to at least win 1 round, and switch after round 2. I'm not winning round 1 against those 3 characters if the players behind them are remotely decent.

Note: Unless they have a hidden buff, Mace toss is still garbage, unfly recovery still sucks, and her dash/walk/fly still is too slow. She has no advancing move to deal with projectiles.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
How is being punishable by 2 moves in the game a real nerf? cmon now lol. The MB MC buff is HUGE, now we have a semi-legit way in against alot of characters.

I cant play right now but can someone try this combo after MB'd MC in the corner

MC (MB) f13 b1 WE3 f13 f13 WE3

Add some BS before the MC if you want like 22 or w/e.

Edit: Wait, DS is considered a bad MU? IMO her bad MUs are the lanterns, Batgirl, Luthor and maybe WW.

Scorps teleport? It can't reach her..too low, but his fire kick circle (i dont know the name of it) reaches pretty high so that's why I said she has to be at her highest flight peak
So it doesnt track you in the air? Thats good to hear. Was really worried about that.
Fire kick circle? is that the flashkick looking move? does that track too?

Because she should have gotten buffs. This doesn't help the GL, Sinestro, or Deadpool match-up. And as long as those match-ups are as bad as they are now, she can never be MY main if I want to do well at a tournament. I absolutely hate switching characters from my main because of match-ups that are absolutely ridiculous. I want to know I have a chance to at least win 1 round, and switch after round 2. I'm not winning round 1 against those 3 characters if the players behind them are remotely decent.

Note: Unless they have a hidden buff, Mace toss is still garbage, unfly recovery still sucks, and her dash/walk/fly still is too slow. She has no advancing move to deal with projectiles.
She may need some buffs, but on top of that the S tiers needed a little bit of a nerf to make things fair.

But they remain untouched.

Espio

Kokomo
You've already set yourself up for failure by acting like they are impossible to win matches and they're not, are they easy? No they aren't. I can say this because I win them regularly against competent players using those three characters.

I doubt me telling you that or anything is going to change your perception or mindset so not much else I can say on the topic.

Why should we be mad/sad at buffs?

Besides, it's a pretty decent buff. Granted, I'm not sure how this helps her vs Sinestro or Lex, but its a good improvement.

Honestly, the only thing NRS can do to make her have an advantage/even matchup vs the Lanterns and Lex is to give one of her moves armor/armor breaking properties. But that would probably tip the scale to her going from being balanced to broken.

D_Matt_Ma

How is being punishable by 2 moves in the game a real nerf? cmon now lol. The MB MC buff is HUGE, now we have a semi-legit way in against alot of characters.

Edit: Wait, DS is considered a bad MU? IMO her bad MUs are the lanterns, Batgirl, Luthor and maybe WW.
That's a lot of people. And with the exception of WW, those are 7-3 match-ups at best.

Again, let's hope new stuff comes up, because I'm not picking HG only to always switch her out round 2 because of a bad match-up. I feel more confident with Bane than I do with HG on the match-up confidence.

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*

I cant play right now but can someone try this combo after MB'd MC in the corner

MC (MB) f13 b1 WE3 f13 f13 WE3

Add some BS before the MC if you want like 22 or w/e.

So it doesnt track you in the air? Thats good to hear. Was really worried about that.
Fire kick circle? is that the flashkick looking move? does that track too?
No it doesnt track, it's like the mk9 one, very linear left right right left, height stays the same. Yea I was worried too..I can decently block on reaction but now knowing that I can stay in the air as long as I damn well please is a huge relief! Lol