What's new

Question HawkGirl Representation at EVO 2013

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I shouldn't be able to take series over known, quality players having played that long. This character allows me to do that though.
Having played you in a good set, I can tell you that it is not the character. Yeah, you made me work to accomodate the match but it wasn't her being "low work" that made it balance out. You've got really good smarts for somebody who's been playing fighters for as long as you have. Don't discredit yourself so readily. The lab time and effort has paid out for you.

Also, good luck to Runway and any other Hawky mains going. I actually find Hawkgirl really fun to fight and highly entertaining to watch, and I tend to agree she's somewhat underrated. Might want to pick up a sub for fighting DS though - he shreds poor Shayera.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I dunno. Against even good players, the downright basics work wonders. Yes every character in this game is pretty easy to play, hawkgirl just takes the cake. I am a convert from competitive dota and hon. This is my first fighting game, and ive been playing for one month. I shouldn't be able to take series over known, quality players having played that long. This character allows me to do that though.

Look at bood or runway. Those are prolly the top two hawkgirls other than ppj, who we havn't seen. Do you see complex combos or any of that? Hell no. She just doesn't have as much depth as other characters. Maybe shes hard to pickup yea, but shes easy once you pass that hurdle.

But that could just be a problem with the game. Just doesnt have the depth of other fighting games.
Have you ever tried one of her godlike corner combos?

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
Alright, at least your playing MK :)
As always :p Was never really into DC stuff, so Injustice doesn't really interest me. MK = <3 so I want to represent it even though I haven't been able to play since December. If I pick up a copy of MK for xbox from Phil, would you be down to train with me??

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
As always :p Was never really into DC stuff, so Injustice doesn't really interest me. MK = <3 so I want to represent it even though I haven't been able to play since December. If I pick up a copy of MK for xbox from Phil, would you be down to train with me??

Yeah for sure dude. My gamertag is C88 ForeverKing, add me whenever you get the chance. Than we can also do those random tag team matches (even though I haven't played MK tag in so long) :D

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
Yeah for sure dude. My gamertag is C88 ForeverKing, add me whenever you get the chance. Than we can also do those random tag team matches (even though I haven't played MK tag in so long) :D
hahah we're gonna have to grind off the rust so we can body everyone is random select like back in the day. and what's with everyone joining c88?! We still have to do random tag team matches at EVO with me and you on a team finally lmfao. Even though we're super rusty, I don't see us losing in that :p

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Ofc. Thats why in one of my posts I specifically said "outside of the corner." But to be fair every character has godlike corner combos.
Ohh lol but personally i can say her corner combos take more practice than other characters
along with Sinestro

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I hope I do better at EVO with hawk girl then I did at ect 3-1-DQ :(

I'm thinking about just staying up all night, playing and practicing on Thursday. Whether by myself or with whoever wants to practice with me.

I will be gambling and drinking a little :p

If I do sleep RunwayMafia must wake me up before 8 am lol pleaseeeeeee

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I hope I do better at EVO with hawk girl then I did at ect 3-1-DQ :(

I'm thinking about just staying up all night, playing and practicing on Thursday. Whether by myself or with whoever wants to practice with me.

I will be gambling and drinking a little :p

If I do sleep RunwayMafia must wake me up before 8 am lol pleaseeeeeee

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
Good Luck! And show them who really Hawkgirl is, you both

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
TODAY'S THE DAY PEEPS i'll be watching you all and will become the worst kind of stream monster on every single mistakes, even the tiniest one you'll make :joker:.

Runway made it out of pools in losers, I was 1 match away but i lost Reno racks' batgirl =\ (lost to KDZ 2nd round)

Royalflush was in my pool and he apparently plays hawkgirl too, we played a gross mirror match in losers lol.
Good showing, dude. :)

Edit: Yup, good job guys. Dan, EB, and Runway. Pimpin dat Hawky :)

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Great job guys, mad props for repping Hawkgirl at EVO :).

I caught Dan and Runway on stream, not sure if I missed anyone else on stream cause I left from time to time.