What's new

Question Having problems doing the reset.

Durango

Enhancer
212 freeze, Ground Freeze, B2.

Two problems keep hitting me in the face.

1) Timing on the B2. Sometimes I hit right when they pull their leg out of the ice and they just flop back. Am I too early or is there a way they're breaking it somehow?
2) After the B2, I can't always link B12. Sometimes the ice pick just misses and they fall right to the ground, leaving me completely open.

rdw

Be cool...
the reset will be removed, anyway to time it just double dash release everything and then do the b2... in order to not miss the part after b2 instead of b12 just do dash dash 214 or 1xx214

The ice puddle animation makes it so the B2 just barely hits the opponent. You won't be able to do B1 2. You're better off doing 1, B1 2 or 214.

You're also too early on the B2. Try dashing twice, then do the B2.

I've never done 212 freeze, ex puddle, B2 reset but I have done a b2 off a puddle before.

Durango

Enhancer
The reset is being removed? That's going to suck a big one.

That's where Sub gets most of his damage. Otherwise, he's doing only 20-33% midscreen combos at best.

JP,B12,Freeze,NJP,Dash,1,Dash,B12,212,slide --> 38% midscreen
JP,22,freeze,B+2,Dash,1,B12,212,slide --> xx% ( maybe 12? not sure ) + 37% from reset if u guess correctly
JP,224,exfreeze,Jump forward,dash,212,slide --> 38% with 1 bar

So he can do more then 33% midscreen ;]

Durango

Enhancer
I never want to do B12 because turtles are going to hit between the frame and it doesn't quite feel safe.
The second one is a reset because of the B2. If it gets removed, it no longer becomes an option.
This third one sounds good. I try to preserve my meter and prefer 212 to 224 since it gives me more time to think and not run into the enemy's counterattack. May try, though.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Wait is it the B2 reset that's going to be removed or is it the Enhanced ice puddle after 212 freeze????

If they remove B2 I'm dropping Sub Zero right away. I really don't see the point in nerfing him.

They're removing the the ability for B2 to be a guaranteed reset after ice puddle. Hopefully they'll also remove the ex ice puddle after freeze, but for sure they're removing the guaranteed reset the ice puddle provides.

Essentially, you can still do the B2 reset on an opponent.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
They're removing the the ability for B2 to be a guaranteed reset after ice puddle. Hopefully they'll also remove the ex ice puddle after freeze, but for sure they're removing the guaranteed reset the ice puddle provides.

Essentially, you can still do the B2 reset on an opponent.
Does that mean Enhanced ice puddle won't catch the opponent after getting defrozen in mid-air or we won't be able to B2 when he's stuck in the ice puddle?
'Cause I'm going to need a replacement for that reset man I want that big damage.

You won't be able to do the the B2 reset on a person stuck on ice puddle. Technically you can, but it won't be GUARANTEED. It'll be just like doing the B2 reset on a person who's frozen. As for enhanced ice puddle on an frozen opponent that's airborne, no one knows yet.

You don't need the guaranteed reset anyways. I've never touched it outside of training mode.

DanX4

Noob
You don't need the guaranteed reset anyways. I've never touched it outside of training mode.
I've touched it plenty of times outside of training mode, especially in the corner where it can lead to major damage + it's fun to perform lol. But I will agree that it is not really needed as Sub can already do decent damage without it.

Ravox

Winter is Coming...
I will never drop Sub, but I use it quite often, as you can see in the gameplay I posted in the other topic.