What's new

General/Other - Hat Trick Hatarang Randomly no longer guarantees followups ON HIT

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I'm certain this was a problem pre-patch too. It's happened to me more times than I care to remember.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
If i use a bar to get a combo on ppl running at me, i should be able to get a combo on ppl running at me, if the NRS excuse is this being a universal nerf, then this change is pretty bad.

One more thing that works in favor of fullscreen advancing strings, i mean, we can't even scare them anymore, chances are i might not get a combo i should get in first place, the whole tool lost part of its usability.
If it is indeed a universal thing, it was a lot less about Hat Trick than it was Kobu's BS with it.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
If it is indeed a universal thing, it was a lot less about Hat Trick than it was Kobu's BS with it.
Its never about Hat Trick, he just keeps getting caught in the cross fire between variations that do his work better than he does.

Still, i don't think this is fair, specially because it costs one bar, the reward now is random instead of consistent, so there is no telling that you can win even if you use the bar on this particular read, the game flips a coin for you and tells himself "This time, the hitstun of Hatarang is way less, so the person punished shall be able to trigger autoblock" making the returning hat completely useless.

I know a lot of people might not even care, but are the little things that matter, those are the things that makes this character IMO, if all those little things are taken bits by bits, he shatters.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
If i use a bar to get a combo on ppl running at me, i should be able to get a combo on ppl running at me, if the NRS excuse is this being a universal nerf, then this change is pretty bad.

One more thing that works in favor of fullscreen advancing strings, i mean, we can't even scare them anymore, chances are i might not get a combo i should get in first place, the whole tool lost part of its usability.
im not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying that i think that's what happened. i agree with you that is stupid. i don't see why this is a thing for anyone

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
As Eddy said the problem is this isn't just the one thing wrong with Hat Trick. He's got more shit like this than any character I know of and his design makes it even more punishing, so much inconsistency and you only need one thing to go wrong, and all that work you put towards the set-ups and conditioning and one finally pays off - except it doesnt...

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
one finally pays off - except it doesnt...
Me: Shit, got a low HCB to connect
me: Fuck he woke up crouching! Conversion is risky or useless, either way its ran... bah, he already hit the ground.

Me: Managed to put the hat behind them
me: Fuck it whiffs when they're neutral crouching or crouch blocking

Me: Got a Hatarang hit, Hurry, run in for a combo conversion
Me: Why the fuck the second hit got blocked?

It gets worse, basically is a hit or miss.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I am still on the Hat-trick boat. I have literally no fun playing other variations. I've looked at the roster several times past week and there is nothing I really want to do with it. I came to a point where I'd rather loose then switch character :/.
I even started to look for other mixups options. Looking closer at my bnds, checking the forums again, anything to lift him up somehow, fill the holes with something else!

I really refuse to switch. NRS, please just fix him - we don't want buffs. We will commit, dedicate our time. How can You be devoted to the game, support the scene and ignore such level of errors in such beautiful variation You have given us. . . ?