What's new

General/Other - Hat Trick Hatarang Randomly no longer guarantees followups ON HIT

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
This variation has gone beyond terrible...

I dunno to what point i have to keep holding all in, some people keep saying "hat trick is fine and balanced" others says "hat trick has stayed the same in this patch" the stealth nerfs he got made him far more worse than he already was, this is some new next level bullshit.

I've noticed this bug since the patch came out, but though maybe i was just salty and i'm was seeing things, it has happened more than 5 times already and didn't want to post it out without a proof, and this time i was ready to record it, one more bullshit to add in the list of bugs and problems this character suffers from.

Be aware that neither of these problems were present in the past patch, something happened when they nerfed the Hat Trap placement during active Hatarang without hat respawn, now all these are happening, and is terrible.

::: Other potential bugs that may be related to this bug :::
Hatarang on the way back hitbox is disabled, the hat no longer protects Kung lao
Hatarang sometimes prevents Kung Lao to run or move at all after the second hit connects fullscreen

On the top of that the low gravity launch is another problem that blocks the viability of the character itself, this is disappointing, I really HOPE NRS is watching as they promised they would, this character cannot stay this way.

So i will tag @colt to this thread, just in case he has been missing our cry for help.

@ETC Mcfly
@Youphemism
@I GOT HANDS
@SaltShaker
@The Big Pampering
@just_2swift

Not even sure who plays hat trick anymore i feel like i'm the only survivor.

FROST_

KH | DsV BLOODxGOD
@Eddy Wang i appreciate what your doing for hat trick as I couldn't last as long as you have. But I gave up the hope because as long as we have tempest and Buzzsaw as counterparts we'll always receive nerfs and that's the reason why these things happened.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Eddy Wang i appreciate what your doing for hat trick as I couldn't last as long as you have. But I gave up the hope because as long as we have tempest and Buzzsaw as counterparts we'll always receive nerfs and that's the reason why these things happened.
TYM has yet to understand that some variations are incompatible to some players, i can't play Buzzsaw or Tempest, i don't have fun using either of them, and the playstyle and pressure game is way different to the one i like to apply.

So these lame excuses such as "play tempest" are sad though, but you're right, there is really no point in playing Hat Trick anymore, the variation is dead. At this point i will just stick to Scorpion, he only lacks real armored launcher, but at least 90% of things i do with the character works.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Hat trick is the new bottom boyz bad enough that he didn't even get looked at to get help and after the dust settled he comes out worse than before which makes it look embarrassing especially if there's no response for one and two no effort to make things right till then I'll hold my judgement on my faith in NRS because this is very disgusting shit man I love the character regardless though.

Also, I don't think it's stealth nerfs but more of messing with the formula. Once you mix something in, it changes how things react. Not defending nrs though.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Also, I don't think it's stealth nerfs but more of messing with the formula. Once you mix something in, it changes how things react. Not defending nrs though.
I don't think that is a stealth nerf either, but among the stealth nerfs he got, one of them probably triggered this bug

FROST_

KH | DsV BLOODxGOD
@Eddy Wang i feel like they don't want to buff the variation because at this point it's about ego and pride and I honestly wish it wasn't. I want to use this variation because I love trap characters but what Lao lacks konjurer has and I smh at the concept.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Eddy Wang i feel like they don't want to buff the variation because at this point it's about ego and pride and I honestly wish it wasn't. I want to use this variation because I love trap characters but what Lao lacks konjurer has and I smh at the concept.
I really don't care about pride and Ego stuff, i don't have anything against NRS and their employees, i just want to have fun playing a variation i actually like.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
i think this is a universal change they made but just didn't say it applied to hat trick. the same thing happened to mournful and tanyas boomerang moves they don't let you combo past like 3/4 the screen on hit

N00B

Noob
Just give him faster standing normals and all his variations would be very strong, faster standing normals its very important for character withought mix ups and good zoning.
Come on man, Lao punches enemy insanely fast in the face(throw animation) but his s1 is 8fr and b1 is 12 lol? PLS
Kung Fu Master Kung Lao and Immortal Thunder God Raiden should be very strong like Jax. Thats all.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Just give him faster standing normals and all his variations would be very strong, faster standing normals its very important for character withought mix ups and good zoning. Come on man Lao punches enemy insanely fast to the face but his s1 is 8fr and b1 is 12 lol? PLS
Kung Fu Master Kung Lao and Immortal Thunder God Raiden should be very strong like Jax. Thats all.
I'm not even sure if you know what we're discussing here, your response is way off topic.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
i think this is a universal change they made but just didn't say it applied to hat trick. the same thing happened to mournful and tanyas boomerang moves they don't let you combo past like 3/4 the screen on hit
If i use a bar to get a combo on ppl running at me, i should be able to get a combo on ppl running at me, if the NRS excuse is this being a universal nerf, then this change is pretty bad.

One more thing that works in favor of fullscreen advancing strings, i mean, we can't even scare them anymore, chances are i might not get a combo i should get in first place, the whole tool lost part of its usability.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
The type of player I am I like characters that express my creativity and imagination at the same time difficult to master. IF there is a hot fix I hope that NRS take care of the issues and build upon what I said in the 1st sentence because that's what hat trick Lao is all about.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Hadn't noticed it but really haven't been playing the game much. I'm kind of only mildly interested in cyrax but the game is just not interesting to me anymore really. It's a shame too but I look at this character the way I looked at Joker. Could have been fixed throughout the life of the game... But wasn't

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Wow this is just dumb. I know exactly how you feel, it's annoying when the only character you really enjoy gets a bug/nerf that kills the chracter entirely :(