What's new

Guide - Hat Trick Hat Jus' Drippin in Swag - A guide to everything Hat Trick

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Its indeed swaggy, but more than one HCB in the combos scales his damage pretty hard, the move has damage protection, you should avoid to use it more than once in the same combos.

There is one thing i've learned watching Fluffy and ETC combos, if you extend your juggle damage beyond where connecting Jk~dk 21 becomes very hard to connect, switch to iadk, 21, it deals less damage, but you get the Hard Knockdown.

For example

(Away Trap) ex tele~grab~MB, B321~HCB, 4~spin, iadk 21 does 43%, my regular combo out of this used to do 42% without the standing 4, if i add the standing 4, i can't do Jk~dk, 21 unless the opponent is cornered, so the replacement does 1% more damage.
I see. But I'm just a sucker for swag lol I love it. But I will take what you said and build upon it.

just_2swift

Its indeed swaggy, but more than one HCB in the combos scales his damage pretty hard, the move has damage protection, you should avoid to use it more than once in the same combos.

There is one thing i've learned watching Fluffy and ETC combos, if you extend your juggle damage beyond where connecting Jk~dk 21 becomes very hard to connect, switch to iadk, 21, it deals less damage, but you get the Hard Knockdown.

For example

(Away Trap) ex tele~grab~MB, B321~HCB, 4~spin, iadk 21 does 43%, my regular combo out of this used to do 42% without the standing 4, if i add the standing 4, i can't do Jk~dk, 21 unless the opponent is cornered, so the replacement does 1% more damage.
Hat call links with a quick call similar to ronin takeda quick blade call instead of calling the hat all the way back?

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
@just_2swift

Perhaps after the patch there will be more reword for double HTCB but at this moment as Eddy said the damage scaling is just to good. I will steal that combo though as it looks really dope! Good shit man!

Saltea Moonspell

The option with njp seems legit, frame window doesn't seem to be very tight as well. I really like it. I think we must condition our selfs to situation where opponent may jump and the njp links at different hight level, then the fallow up may need adjustment - just a thought.
(You should have no more problems with tagging me anymore) Other then that I think this could be easily implemented into real Gameplay, though it's not allocated inbetween the BnB range.

just_2swift

The option with njp seems legit, frame window doesn't seem to be very tight as well. I really like it. I think we must condition our selfs to situation where opponent may jump and the njp links at different hight level, then the fallow up may need adjustment - just a thought.
(You should have no more problems with tagging me anymore) Other then that I think this could be easily implemented into real Gameplay, though it's not allocated inbetween the BnB range.
It's quite easy actually ten minutes in the lab you will get it every time.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hey guys, just taking just_2swifts armor break setup a bit further with more pratical combos as well.

So unless the character has a 7f wakeup or a low profile move, or a flying move, any other attack that doesn't met this conditions can be stuffed by hatarang which then can be beat by standing 1 at 8 frames, slower wakeups allows the use of better stuff such as 44, like war god's wakeup attack.
The example below is showcasing the tech

Be warned that doesn't work against tech roll, which is why you should bluff with regular hat trap to bait a wakeup against tech roll

And finaly set the opponent tech roll to random and tried to work around it

Still nothing game changing, but can be at handy against players that love to wakeup, they can choose to delay the wakeup of course, but that gives you time to place a trap and apply pressure on wakeup and regain that bar back.

@Big Pampering
@The PantyChrist
@just_2swift
@ROG Monspell
@God Confirm

Last edited:

Saltea Moonspell

All I can say: Good work. I am slowly accepting the nerffs but the idea that NRS may not fix him got me thinking for a while. I came to an conclusion that in order for the magic the operator has to keep in mind heavy mix-up and utilize those little teaches/set ups. There is really a lot that can be done with those tolls. I realize that in this variation in order to be successful is to feel the flow and quickly switch setups sa sa sacrificing sometimes damage in order to play with the opponent and keep his mind busy. I am sorry if that's off the topic but am really high now and wanted to share my thoughts. Peace

Hey guys, just taking just_2swifts armor break setup a bit further with more pratical combos as well.

So unless the character has a 7f wakeup or a low profile move, or a flying move, any other attack that doesn't met this conditions can be stuffed by hatarang which then can be beat by standing 1 at 8 frames, slower wakeups allows the use of better stuff such as 44, like war god's wakeup attack.
The example below is showcasing the tech

Be warned that doesn't work against tech roll, which is why you should bluff with regular hat trap to bait a wakeup against tech roll

And finaly set the opponent tech roll to random and tried to work around it

Still nothing game changing, but can be at handy against players that love to wakeup, they can choose to delay the wakeup of course, but that gives you time to place a trap and apply pressure on wakeup and regain that bar back.

@Big Pampering
@The PantyChrist
@just_2swift
@ROG Monspell
@God Confirm

Nice Job guys! I liked this a lot!

So apparently in the beta, if you throw a hat-a-rang out and get hit one time, as the hat comes back, it passes straight through the opponent instead of hitting.
For example, I was playing a Johnny cage. Did hat-a-rang, was hit by EX Shadow kick. The Johnny moved towards me. I predicted the hat hitting him on the way back so I press up with standing 1s and the hat goes straight through. Not sure what's up with this.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
So apparently in the beta, if you throw a hat-a-rang out and get hit one time, as the hat comes back, it passes straight through the opponent instead of hitting.
For example, I was playing a Johnny cage. Did hat-a-rang, was hit by EX Shadow kick. The Johnny moved towards me. I predicted the hat hitting him on the way back so I press up with standing 1s and the hat goes straight through. Not sure what's up with this.
Pretty sure it already does that anyway. To be honest I think the gap in it is just flat out unnecessary and should be removed.