What's new

Harley Quinn General Discussion Thread

The characters I'm having most trouble with are (fittingly enough) Batman and Robin.
Keeping Batman out is a pain, due mainly to his MB grapple, and once he's in, it seems like he can just push buttons for days and stuff everything Harley's got.
Robin just seems to be able to swing like a loon without much risk of punishment due to his reach, and he pretty much always has a birdarang covering his approach.
Push block gets them off you, but only temporarily, and at a cost. It would be worth the meter if I had a good way to start offence against these two, but Harley's range and priority just seems inadequate.
Anyone got any tips against these two?

Last edited:

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Any tips for the fate mu? I hear it quite often that harley does well against Him but I Have a hard time beating Him. I don't know much about him though so any tip would be appreciated
From my experience its just mostly the fact that a) once you steal "your turn" from him, its really hard for him to get it back and b) once you are in max air gunshot range his whole gameplan goes out the window and he has to start going in on you and once that happens it all falls apart from him. I save all the bar for air gunshots for pressure and to stay in the air longer to avoid the magic ball thing.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
The characters I'm having most trouble with are (fittingly enough) Batman and Robin.
Keeping Batman out is a pain, due mainly to his MB grapple, and once he's in, it seems like he can just push buttons for days and stuff everything Harley's got.
Robin just seems to be able to swing like a loon without much risk of punishment due to his reach, and he pretty much always has a birdarang covering his approach.
Push block gets them off you, but only temporarily, and at a cost. It would be worth the meter if I had a good way to start offence against these two, but Harley's range and priority just seems inadequate.
Need to zone them out. Literally walk back and shoot, especially against Robin

I can't find the post but I read here about a Harley os? Something about if you hit the opponent with certain starter you can combo into ts but if they block the starter the ts doesn't come out? Anyone know?

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Yea it's that one thanks. So I'm guessing this is her best string to use in neutral?
Its good but slow, and also has half its effective range against characters who float so watch out for that.

You should also give me superman tips.
Best superman tip I can give is you should play superman instead of Harley, he is way better at everything she does.

Failing that, don't stay at full screen because you won't be able to punish air lasers due to her slower projectile. Once you are about 3/4ths screen you can also threaten with cupcakes against jumpy supermans. If you gotta get in then get all the way in, touching distance. Anything less and f23 will make you its bitch.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I've found that you actually can whiff punish Robin with raw tantrum. It's got the reach to hit even at his sword strings max distance. Just be sure you hit it.

Batman...thought I knew the matchup until Shazzy taught me otherwise. Watch out for his trait, duck and shoot is all I can say.

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
I've found that you actually can whiff punish Robin with raw tantrum. It's got the reach to hit even at his sword strings max distance. Just be sure you hit it.

Batman...thought I knew the matchup until Shazzy taught me otherwise. Watch out for his trait, duck and shoot is all I can say.
Shazzy's Batman is rough to fight, I could occasionally get a win against it here or there in IGAU but in Injustice 2? Nope.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
He's very good, I normally play the Harley vs Supergirl MU with him, it's always interesting.
Got any notes on that matchup? I have a very hard time with it, mostly because I've spent the majority of my lab time dealing with Deadshot, fate, and Atrocitus.

Btw, Deadshot's b12u3 string can be blown up by neutral jump guns, and if he assassin knees, that can be blown up by nj2. Haven't tested it out in game, but it might end up as a guessing game where DS tries to blow up the jump. Better than just holding that shit though, that's for sure.

Eldagrin

Got any notes on that matchup? I have a very hard time with it, mostly because I've spent the majority of my lab time dealing with Deadshot, fate, and Atrocitus.

Btw, Deadshot's b12u3 string can be blown up by neutral jump guns, and if he assassin knees, that can be blown up by nj2. Haven't tested it out in game, but it might end up as a guessing game where DS tries to blow up the jump. Better than just holding that shit though, that's for sure.
Don't have many notes, Supergirl has answers for pretty much everything, she can sit up in the corner float cancelling to build meter for free and b22 has no range on her. You can 12 in between b12 freeze though. If you predict a MB laser coming your gunshot will knock her out of it before it reaches you unlike her regular lasers.

Eldagrin

Overhead Hyena is really good for baiting teleports if Supergirl is just sitting up there too. You should recover in time to punish and even if you don't it will catch her coming up behind you. I don't think I've ever beaten his SG out of I'd say well over 50 games but I've forced clash a few times and lost one because of input error after blocking a teleport. You just have to play the neutral really well, punish gaps and make a lot of good reads.

Noob
Yea it's that one thanks. So I'm guessing this is her best string to use in neutral?
Her B22 is insane for block punishing. I use it all the time. If I see somebody aggressively walking in I use it to catch them. And if somebody forward dashes or MB rolls from a distance that wont get them in I use it. And then of course it comes out randomly to keep people respecting the space.

Her 112 starter I use as 11, or now I use 12 sometimes. That I use on people who are right in my face that I know I can reach, just for the faster start up.

And her B1 I use a lot on people like Aquaman who push me out to far. Or people that float where the B22 might not hit 100% of the time.

I don't think I currently use any other starter for the Tantrum combos.

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
I've been experimenting with some negative edge tech. I can't get it consistent but it seems B12[1]DBF[1] where you hold 1 and let go after a quick DBF can net you a tick throw on block and b121 combo on hit which can be cancelled into gunshot in the corner for full combo. I might be wrong here, but it was working for me in practice with Block -> Random Combo a decent amount of the time. I'm pretty bad at negative edge combos though and dont trust my execution on it.

As discussed with the B22 OS into TS, this also works with B121xxDF1 in the corner which gives you a full combo (B121xxDF1, B121xxDF1, D1, 12xxDBF1 ~ 507.99). This works quite nice since you get crazy meterless damage off this opener and B1 is useful as a whiff punisher against floaty characters. Not to mention at worse if they block you're -3.

Last edited:

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
hey u guise heads up true talent is streaming his day of harley maybe you guys could learn a thing or too check it out lul
After watching his stream I went to the future and found out that I won EVO...but after watching his stream it made me so violently ill that I ended up going back in time and un-doing things.