What's new

Tech Harley Quinn: Art of Dealing with Wake-Ups

booivi

Good Game :)
Well this is one option. Although I'm not sure about them 2 bars, lol. It's something you could throw out every other match though when your opponent least expects it.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Well this is one option. Although I'm not sure about them 2 bars, lol. It's something you could throw out every other match though when your opponent least expects it.
When did I throw out 2 bars?

Edit: I saw the mb play doctor. But you don't have to use it

booivi

Good Game :)
Oh really?
I never knew about this
I feel so Sinn right now
Yeah but it's ok. I felt just like you when I found out it wastes 2 bars, which was not too long ago. And like I said it's something you could throw out every other match when your opponent least expects it. Still a very nice find.

Well I don't think it's totally useless, its just unfortunate that it costs two bars.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like you have to whiff the F2 for the timing of the B3 to absorb the wake-up. If that's the case then you're only countering your opponent hitting buttons since they can block the second gunshot crouching. Also if that's the case you can't really hit confirm into either B3 or SS. Still, if they see the F2 coming they're more likely to do a wake-up attack for you to stuff so I think this could have it's uses as a bait and punish tactic.

Good things about this is that the bounce cancel is the only way to get optimal damage off the F23 outside of the corner, and on block you're completely safe. Since Harley usually has an abundance of meter its something you could do on the first life bar to make the opponent more scared of the F2. If you suspect a single-hit wake-up is coming though I think the better option is to just raw B3 MB. only costs one bar and you're still safe on block.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Well I don't think it's totally useless, its just unfortunate that it costs two bars.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like you have to whiff the F2 for the timing of the B3 to absorb the wake-up. If that's the case then you're only countering your opponent hitting buttons since they can block the second gunshot crouching. Also if that's the case you can't really hit confirm into either B3 or SS. Still, if they see the F2 coming they're more likely to do a wake-up attack for you to stuff so I think this could have it's uses as a bait and punish tactic.

Good things about this is that the bounce cancel is the only way to get optimal damage off the F23 outside of the corner, and on block you're completely safe. Since Harley usually has an abundance of meter its something you could do on the first life bar to make the opponent more scared of the F2. If you suspect a single-hit wake-up is coming though I think the better option is to just raw B3 MB. only costs one bar and you're still safe on block.
Correct. My intention was that it only cost one bar so it's not that bad to do.

Killer frost tech is solid I love that setup. Computers gonna get it right everytime but against a human opponent who doesn't roll they have to reverse their inputs on the slide since the neutral jump is a stealthy crossup. If they dont know they've been crossed up and they try to wakeup slide they'll most likely either do a standing 3 which should get hit by your j2, or they might block correctly, in which case you're right in their face for a low/fuzzy mixup. Real good stuff.
Not really wake-up stuffing related but if you end a combo with TS roll and they do tech roll a forward j2 will crossup depending on the characters hurtbox.

It's at about 2:40 of the video in the original post. Basically if you end any combo with TS > forward roll, you put them in a situation where you can punish the slide regardless of whether they tech roll or not

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
oh i didn't watch the video because of the 2 bars thing.

cool. you can do b22 tantrum cartwheel b3 ji2 ji2 12 tantrum forward roll ji2 tantrum repeat. i don't get the timing on the whiffed ji2 into tantrum though. great now i can feel more confident in the killer bitch matchup instead of having to do PD all the time!

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King

Edit: I did Not Know Canceling into b3 cost two bars of meter... So this is really useless

Thoughts?
I know theres different and better ways to deal with Wake ups. But just add these to the bag of tricks.
xWEBSx
AK SaltFace
@Sonicfox500
KS_Shogun
k1nG_Qu1nN
@Burgersssssss
I didn't notice you tagged me or I would have gotten to this sooner. I REALLY like the KF tech. The 2 bars of meter isn't that bad (For me) because well. I waste so much meter using MB B3 on my opponents wake up constantly haha. All in all I really liked this tech. Where the hell did you come from Laos Boy? Wanna jump on XBL with me?

There's been some tech surfacing on a lot of the other threads regarding wakeup input reversals. It usually involves a hard knockdown in the corner and then dashing into the corner at the proper time, or some kind of airdash or neutral jump shenanigan. I was trying to find something with Harley but I had very little time to test different things. I tried dashing into the corner after 112 and D3 but couldn't get it to work, and I also tried SS off of both these. Anybody want to help me figure this out? I probably won't be able to play again til friday

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
There's been some tech surfacing on a lot of the other threads regarding wakeup input reversals. It usually involves a hard knockdown in the corner and then dashing into the corner at the proper time, or some kind of airdash or neutral jump shenanigan. I was trying to find something with Harley but I had very little time to test different things. I tried dashing into the corner after 112 and D3 but couldn't get it to work, and I also tried SS off of both these. Anybody want to help me figure this out? I probably won't be able to play again til friday
I know 112 ss puts Harley in the corner, I don't know how effective can it be. And 112 TS roll reverse wake ups but you are still in the corner

Can you elaborate on the invincibilty/back dash around 1:50ish? I will admit I am still confused how armor works in this game compared to MK and feel like I am more often getting hit when I think I am protected.

I know 112 ss puts Harley in the corner, I don't know how effective can it be. And 112 TS roll reverse wake ups but you are still in the corner
Right SS is good for crossups and same with the roll but your opponent can still wakeup attack if they correctly read which side you're on. This stuff that I know doomsday and batgirl and even lex can do basically eliminates wakeups altogether because you cross them up immediately before a wakeup would come out. Even if they do manage to input it correctly which doesn't seem humanly possible they'll perform the attack facing the corner meaning you can easily whiff punish without even having to block. I wish I could tag other thread posts into here (I'm using mobile tapatalk) so I could show you guys what I'm talking about but if you browse the batgirl forum you'll quickly come across it I think it was posted 2 or 3 days ago.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Right SS is good for crossups and same with the roll but your opponent can still wakeup attack if they correctly read which side you're on. This stuff that I know doomsday and batgirl and even lex can do basically eliminates wakeups altogether because you cross them up immediately before a wakeup would come out. Even if they do manage to input it correctly which doesn't seem humanly possible they'll perform the attack facing the corner meaning you can easily whiff punish without even having to block. I wish I could tag other thread posts into here (I'm using mobile tapatalk) so I could show you guys what I'm talking about but if you browse the batgirl forum you'll quickly come across it I think it was posted 2 or 3 days ago.
I know what youre talking about. But I haven't found anything yet.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Can you elaborate on the invincibilty/back dash around 1:50ish? I will admit I am still confused how armor works in this game compared to MK and feel like I am more often getting hit when I think I am protected.
Most armored moves in this game only has one hit of armor there for moves such as swordflip with multiple hits will beat it.