What's new

Harley Corner 50/50 Reset Loop

CommonNick

Europe, PSN: "CommonNick"
Edit: tested many things today, this setups sucks, the worst part is that if they duck, j2 wiffs...
Edit 2: it works when they crouch only with a deep Ji3 instead of Ji2.

Alright, after some testing, a similar setup can be used mid-screen.
J2,B22xxDF1
Overhead: J3 (into 112, JI.DB1 - 26% or whatever) if it gets blocked, instant overhead with j2 or low with b2.
Cross-up overhead: deep J2 (into 50% bnb obviously or the vortex again)
And obviously low: b22 (into 50% bnb obviously or the vortex again)

Only use the low when you know for sure that they'll block high. (and they'll eventually because:)
It's impossible to distinguish between the cross up over head and over head thus creating a true 50/50.
+++++if J3 is blocked, you enter a new 50/50 situation (not found by me lol) were your opponent has to guess between and over-head and a low.

CommonNick

Ok so I've found another setup, which works everywhere, and it's safer than canceling into line of fire.
whatever xx DB3,F
Overhead: instant J2 (into 11xxts1.... bnb or the vortex again)
Low: B2 (into bnb or vortex again)

it's better than gun shot because it's safer and deals more damage (j2,b22xxDB3-20% while j2,b22xxDF1-19%)

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Ok so I've found another setup, which works everywhere, and it's safer than canceling into line of fire.
whatever xx DB3,F
Overhead: instant J2 (into 11xxts1.... bnb or the vortex again)
Low: B2 (into bnb or vortex again)

it's better than gun shot because it's safer and deals more damage (j2,b22xxDB3-20% while j2,b22xxDF1-19%)
Can you elaborate more. Because im not understanding?

CommonNick

Can you elaborate more. Because im not understanding?
Cancel any starter that doesn't KD your opponent onto TS (or just do a naked TS, doesn't matter) than immediately press forward to cancel the TS into forward roll.
Now your opponent is still stunned from the hit, you can either neutral jump and instantly press 2 for an instant over-head or Press b2 for a low. 50/50 situation similar to yours, works everywhere and safer than missing gunshots.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Cancel any starter that doesn't KD your opponent onto TS (or just do a naked TS, doesn't matter) than immediately press forward to cancel the TS into forward roll.
Now your opponent is still stunned from the hit, you can either neutral jump and instantly press 2 for an instant over-head or Press b2 for a low. 50/50 situation similar to yours, works everywhere and safer than missing gunshots.
oh i see. i know it leaves enough advantage for an instant j2 but im no sure aboout b2.

CommonNick

oh i see. i know it leaves enough advantage for an instant j2 but im no sure aboout b2.
True, managed to poke with 6 frames jab (1) and the opponent can neutral jump-full combo punish, but they can't back dash. (and b2 moves out of some characters' d1)
I guess it's not as good as yours... it's not a vortex but it has its uses.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
True, managed to poke with 6 frames jab (1) and the opponent can neutral jump-full combo punish, but they can't back dash. (and b2 moves out of some characters' d1)
I guess it's not as good as yours... it's not a vortex but it has its uses.
Yeah. I see AK SaltFace do this all the time. Unusually he uses f2 after a roll.
He also end his combo in to 112 dash deep j3 because it sets up for a 50/50 with back 2 and ijf2. It's real good midscreen

CommonNick

Yeah. I see AK SaltFace do this all the time. Unusually he uses f2 after a roll.
He also end his combo in to 112 dash deep j3 because it sets up for a 50/50 with back 2 and ijf2. It's real good midscreen
Maybe I should add it to my game.
I know it's not really the place but still, we're discussing about tech...
J2(blocked),112 (the first 1 is a high but it hits)
Same goes to TS(hits) [forward roll] 112
And same goes for D1 (hits) 112

Because this string is so + it might be useful for setups in the corner or used as a tool to maintain pressure.