What's new

Question - Hellfire Hardest MU

For me, no one in particular. I mean, I just feel like hellfire always has options. Of course there are characters I have trouble with in general but not because of Scorpion.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Cassie, Jax, D'Vorah, Johnny Cage would be my picks. They take advantage of his biggest weakness the most.

Other than the range, what advantages does he have?

I remember Bojutsu gave HF fits in vanilla. That was mainly because of his range & OP damage output.
I'd be interested to hear the reasoning on this too. Even in vanilla I never found Bojustu a problem with HF, partly due to HF being stronger back then as well but I don't see that being a bad matchup for HF at all.

JORGIE

Noob
I think Swarm Queen D'vorah bodies him because she makes you feel like you have to use ex takedown to get out of pressure through her negative strings, but then she cancels into into low block and bodies you

Matix218

Get over here!
Any cassie is even against hellfire.
I struggle to find a good range to start any offense against good cassies. It may not be a bad matchup, maybe it is just me as a player having trouble dealing with her b12 but I generally have an easier time in the neutral going with ninjutsu rather than hellfire against any cassie variation. I mean if you have any hellfire tips against cassie I am certainly willing to listen to them

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
If you see B1, flame up. You will have to punish any gunshot she attempts with teleport.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
In my opinion D'Vorah, Johnny Cage, Alien, and Mileena have the tools to give Scorpion a hard time. The opponent just needs to utilize those tools properly.
switching to ninjutsu gives Scorps a much easier time against those characters as he can go against them in the neutral much better, especially against mileena

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Maybe now. I'm not familiar with her changes but she wrecked him before.
She still does, but only when she is fighting against ninjutsu or inferno, because those variations are out ranged much easier and can't properly stuff her strings in between when whiffing. Hellfire has flame aura so one cannot just put limbs out from every possible range when it whiffs.

Where ninjutsu struggles Hellfire shines due the flame aura and its active frames, its not something to mess up with it since it conditions people to not just relentlessly put limbs out , where hellfire struggles in range, Ninjutsus covers it up, MU like WG Kotal, SQ D'vorah etc most of the time o prefer using ninjutsu mostly. On Cage you definitely want to use hellfire, at least against A-list, rc vs rc, and s3~rc~21 is a blockstring.