What's new

Halo 4 or Black Ops 2?

Halo 4 or Black Ops 2?

• Total voters

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
LETHAL speaks the truth about Blops though. It is the more balanced cod game compared to the random MW series.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
pretty sure Black ops 2 doesn't have Death streaks. Blops 1 didn't have them and it came out after MW2 which did. Treyarch makes more balanced CoD games that are geared more to the hardcore players so i wouldn't count the game out entirely
Fair enough, but that isn't the only reason I hate CoD. I'll spare everyone my sperg rage, but yeah, I still hate CoD even if it is kind of balanced now.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
How about...Far Cry 3 (pc) release date December 4th. It'll be for consoles too.
The Far Cry series is my favourite FPS-game series. The single player campaigns of 1 and 2 were awesome. I have played Crysis 1 a bit and that game was great too.

Reactions: nwo

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Halo 4. I didn't like Halo much after Halo 2 either..I still preferred 3 to 2 actually...Something as iconic as the master chief, you don't give up. Go with it first

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
If you are going to get an FPS-game for the multiplayer experience it doesn't really matter what game you are gonna play cuz they are all pretty much the same braindead casual entertainment.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I've always found CoD more fun than halo, and halo has been on a slippery slope ever since 3. So Blops 2 for me, I'll be purchasing both though.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Halo 4.

Halo's story, lore, universe, environments, music, pacing, weapons, interconnectedness, characters themselves, and so on completely shit on whatever CoD puts out. CoD's story had one moment that got any reaction from me... Back in CoD4 when the nuke went off. Every Halo game had several moments that got me, even Reach. From stepping onto Halo for the first time, for the Aliens-esque reveal of the Flood, punching Keyes in his infected face, to escaping the PoA. Then we played as the Arbiter, killed a prophet, met gravemind, and the covenant upheaval. Then in Halo 3 when we finally stopped what Covenant we knew of, killed the final prophet, and watched Chief get lost to space. Even Reach had the moment where you were left behind, alone, on a dying planet. And then you died.

Multiplayer wise, there is an actual skill gap where the better player comes out with the win. Better maps, vehicles, weapon balance... I think you get the idea.

CoD went stale after its fourth iteration. Halo hit a rough patch with Reach, but Halo 4 has relieved all skepticism I had when Bungie left the franchise.

McNasty

Moist.
Good topic juggs im in the same boat.

Will halo4 be anything like the original? Basically unless H4 is what CSGO is to 1.6 im not interested.

I actaully enjoyed blops but have only recently opened up to console shooters.

Im worried about dlc on blops2 will this be another 120$ game because if its even remotely good ill be picking up a xim edge for keyboard+mouse and thats also a good $150.

Raidern8

Sub Zero!
Nostalgia makes things you remember things different. Cod4 was great it was my favorite Cod but remember the juggernoob/ last stand bs? How about all the glitches in Halo 2? All these oh games from the past were sooooo much better I take with a grain of salt.
BO was actually more balanced then MW3 but it had it faults.
Reach was pretty good just too different for most people.

Cod seems for the casual gamer.
I'm actually tired of the similar cut scenes such as the boat/car/jeep chases. Explosions every 3 seconds. Its only cool when used occasionally.

Halo 4 is the choice for me. It's a mix of reach and h3. Competitiveness will come back because everyone's beloved BR is back, and 1-50 system. Campaign has a new twist, and Spartan Ops? FREE web episodes with missions for a few months!
http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/10/30/halo-4-spartan-ops-exclusive-trailer/

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nostalgia makes things you remember things different. Cod4 was great it was my favorite Cod but remember the juggernoob/ last stand bs? How about all the glitches in Halo 2? All these oh games from the past were sooooo much better I take with a grain of salt.
Juggernaut was the best perk and the glitches in Halo 2 made the game more fun and entertaining. Halo 2 and CoD4 are miles better than the games that followed them. It's not even close.

Anyway, still undecided but leaning more towards Halo 4.

Death

Noob
H4 no doubt. Halo was the only competitive series I played until MK9. I still miss the CE days :(. H2 and H3 were pretty scrubby.

*hopes and prays H4 is more like CE*

I do hope the H4 ranking system is more like H2s rather than H3 were anyone with a brain can get level 50. The reach ranking system was terrible imo.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
This thread makes me mad, I can't even believe you're asking this question.
Not my fault Halo has gone to shit since Halo 2. H4 has been the only Halo game to interest me since H3. I'm hoping just like Death that the gameplay is more competitive and not reliant on gimmicks. At least with CoD the games are fun, most of my friends play them, and the features make the worthwhile.

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
I have a flashed xbox so deciding which one I should get isn't a problem. I do however think that both games look very solid, Black Ops 1 had very solid multiplayer and zombies was fun. The new zombie modes look awesome and they seem like they'll be a great time with friends. I've been playing the leaked Halo 4 for about a week now and what I can say is that it plays a lot like halo 3! There's definitely more strategy that goes into it with all the new gun loadouts and abilities and the weekly story that they are doing with the game sounds awesome.

If I had to choose one (biased lol) it would be Halo 4 just because it reminds me of the early Halo 3 days and it plays fantastically. It will suit your competitive needs for sure.
Black Ops 2 on the other hand will be loads of fun and from what I've heard, the multiplayer is a mixure of MW3 and BO1. Zombies as always will be great but much more diverse and unique in this game.

EDIT: 343 will be catering to the ESPORTS crowd in Halo 4 so if you're really into competitive gaming then Halo 4 is a no brainer.

343 has been making the game competitive as possible. The weapon swaps are different each round, each map is designed with competitive play in mind first. They've brought in MLG players to give feedback and work on the game. People say it feels like Halo 2. The modes have been tweaked, so it's more in depth. Oddball, for example.

There's also I believe Infinity, which is a pure competitive playlist IIRC.

Hopefully it's good, looks good.

Reedoms

Noob
How about all the glitches in Halo 2?
The "glitches" in Halo 2 weren't even that bad. In fact, I loved them. They let you explore all over the map that normally you wouldn't be able to or set up some fun games for custom use.

Now all the modders on the other hand, were annoying as shit when trying to played ranked games.