What's new

Guide HA! HA! The Ultimate Joker Thread!

Welcome to the Joker's Ultimate Thread
Filled with Combos, Laughing Gas, and Videos
:joker:
Key: (Assuming Default Controls)
B = Back
F = Forward
D = Down
J = Jump
JI = Jump Into
NJ = Neutral Jump
AA = Anti-Air

1 = X/Square (Light)
2 = Y/Triangle (Medium)
3 = A/X (Hard)
4 = B/O (Trait)
MB = Meter Burn
xx = Cancel Into
> = Dash
Specials:
Crowbar: BF3
Laughing Gas (LG): DB1
Rolling Laughing Gas (RLG): DB2
BANG! (Pistol): DF2
Chattering Teeth (Teeth): DB3
Mid Chattering Teeth (MTeeth): DB3, U​
Far Chattering Teeth (FTeeth): DB3, F​
Acid Blossom (Acid, Flower): BF2
Courtesy of @SquirtMcGurt
Combos:

BnB Combos:

J3, 212, Pistol (27%) (@Damonte)
B3, JI2, 32 (let all 3 hit), Flower (30%) (@FReaKoNaLeaSH)
Teeth, J3, B3, JI2, 3, 3 (39%) (@Dracain)
FTeeth, JI3, 3, Flower, 3, Flower (47%) (@SmileForMe)
FTeeth, JI3 , FTeeth, 3, Flower, 32, Flower (48%) (@SmileForMe)
FTeeth, JI3, FTeeth, JI, JI3, FTeeth3, Flower, B3 JI2 , 32, Flower (76%) (@SmileForMe)

Anti-Air:

J2, J2, 32, BF2 (30%) (@FeeltheEvenFlow)

BnBs: (Meter)

J2, 3, RLG MB, B3, J2, 3, 2 Flower. (42%) (@Nasdi)
J2, 32, Back Wallbounce Cancel, J3, D2>Db2 MB, J2, 32 Acid (45%) (@FeeltheEvenFlow)
J2,3 RLG MB, b3, fJ2 ,32, RB, fJ3, b1 bf2 (47%) (@FixdSwine)

RLG MB, JI3, Flower (31%) (@SmileForMe)
J3, D2, RLG MB, B3, J2, 2,1, Flower (31%) (@laudanum09)

Punishes:

2, db2, mb, b3, j2, 323, bf2 (@MrTorture)

Joker's Trait HA! HA! HA!
Be sure to check out @Jer's Parry Guide as well!

Backfire

Noob
i hope this happens. ive been messing around with joker but cant find any combos to learn other than the ones i make up.

Nasdi

Noob
easiest one is J2, 3, RLG MB, B3, J2, 3, 2 Flower. (42% damage)

or you can end it with teeth for a setup !

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
There already is a joker combo thread. Why don't you just look through that, gather all the combos there (there are some good set ups there too) and make your own organized joker combo thread.

Okay everyone, I have updated the list with some I have found from other threads, please contribute to this thread as much as you can and I'll keep you guys updated. Keep in mind, I'm going to make additional improvements and quality of life changes to make the combos more appealing and understandable.

Meterless BnB
far teeth jumpin 3,3 ,acid flower, 3 ,acid flower 47%
far teeth jumpin 3, far teeth jumpin ,jumpin 3, far teeth ,3 acid flower, B+3 jumpin 2 ,3,2, acid flower 76%

stage transmissions corner combos!!the second of 70% involves a setup and the last one 105% involves a setup + reset

2 bar transition 50%+=teeth, jumpin3, teeth, 3, gun,down 2 , armored B+3
2 bar flashy swag combo 51% = teeth, jumpin3,teeth,3,throwing gas MB, down 2 rolling gas MB ,3,2 acid flower

1bar transition 70+% = teeth, jumpin 3,teeth 3,3 2,1,2 teeth,armored forward 3, down 2 teeth, down 1,down 1 ,B+3 ( you can use more bars with the 2,1,2 armored forward 3 combination for more damage)

1bar corner + stage transition 105% = teeth, jumpin 3, teeth,3,3, 2,1,2, teeth..armored F+3, down 2, teeth, 3, acid flower, B+3

1 bar midscreen throwing gas bomb combo
down back 1 MB ,jumpin 3, acid flower 31%

1 bar 120+%..involving 1 reset and 2 teethsetups

JI2, 2 ~ DB+2+Meterburn, B+3, D2 DB3 ~ F, 2~BF+2, B+3 far teeth forward 3, down 2,jumpin 2 ,3,2 far teeth, jumpin 3, far teeth opposite direction 3,3 3,2 acid flower 100+%

Is that a combo??
JI2, 2 ~ DB+2+Meterburn, B+3, D2 DB3 ~ F, 2~BF+2, B+3 far teeth forward 3, down 2,jumpin 2 ,3,2 far teeth, jumpin 3, far teeth opposite direction 3,3 3,2 acid flower 100+%

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
I say NO color coding. Just makes it difficult to read. If you want to be stylish, maybe have meterless combos be purple and meter combos be green.

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
There are 3 spoilers for j3, and only one opens. Also, why are certain letters in green and yellow? It's easier to make each combo one color, please.
Just helpful suggestions.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I'm starting to pick Joker up. I'll be keeping an eye on this. I hope it helps me get started with him.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Some of the combos are fake resets that can be blocked low.

Check my thread or YouTube.com/kombathouston for jokers best combos.

Some of the combos are fake resets that can be blocked low.

Check my thread or YouTube.com/kombathouston for jokers best combos.
what does it matter if its fake or not.. the point is if they dont block low the reset will work as simple as that..so i just put the damage in % what it will do when everything hits

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
what does it matter if its fake or not.. the point is if they dont block low the reset will work as simple as that..so i just put the damage in % what it will do when everything hits
Because its not a true COMBO. Everyone will block it. Unless you are playing online scrubs.

Just don't want to confuse people thinking he has 70% plus combos

Because its not a true COMBO. Everyone will block it. Unless you are playing online scrubs.

Just don't want to confuse people thinking he has 70% plus combos
yeh well im not going into the whole pro thing because i watched some tournament fights and i aint impressed one bit at those people who play fighting games for years.. ..besides there aint alot of people who wanna go the PROOO way.
anyway so you dont consider the 70% which has 2 parts an actual combo?? becuase the only counter is a wake up super? thats ridiculous..

laudanum09

Darling
lol downback is not PROOOOO

it's a natural instinct to block while getting combo'd, that's why stand reset with flower into teeth isn't all that great, the only thing it's good for is to get people to block while you set something else up maybe. if it works once, it won't work again. it's just not smart to put mileage on something that won't work more than once on an average player. Has nothing to do without 'tournaments' and da proooos. This applies to your average bear (note I didn't say scrub) on XBL as well too.

lol downback is not PROOOOO

it's a natural instinct to block while getting combo'd, that's why stand reset with flower into teeth isn't all that great, the only thing it's good for is to get people to block while you set something else up maybe. if it works once, it won't work again. it's just not smart to put mileage on something that won't work more than once on an average player. Has nothing to do without 'tournaments' and da proooos. This applies to your average bear (note I didn't say scrub) on XBL as well too.
well yeh i came up with the prooo bit because those players are in the minority...besides i like suprises in my gameplay.. i dont wanna know whats gonna happen and do the same combo over and over..thats why i love the joker because of the setups which work or will fail and like you said if they block it you can have another way of keeping the pressure on

laudanum09

Darling
but it's not unpredictable, that's the point. stand block everything joker does (b1, 3 is annoying not scary) and crouch block during every combo and tech roll. the only solid setup he has is Cat 's pushblock trap, and that's reaction based/read based. just going ham might work against players that aren't as good as you, but like any fighting game, you need to mix things up based on how they tend to react and their patterns. gotta make reads, even against people not as good as you, especially for people on your level, and most definitely against people that are better than you.

one thing I do agree that Joker should go ham on is jumping in. His 3 and 2 are great and you probably should be jumping in like its day 1 in SF4 when you're in range for 2 or 3 to connect. Crossups are like his best mixup right now.

true to all of that.. but i meant unpredictable such as being something different as another jumpin2 or F3 after Back 3.. but i just checked the patch and damn he got buffed..batgirl is ugly as fuk